Fan numbers in Germany well over 100k expected next month

I've found both of mine and I had one through the original (non-SSC) ballot, and another through a resale and both are showing.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Great, I'm now going to be worrying there's something wrong with my seats until I have the locations.

Anyway, this is probably a subject for the Euro 2024 tickets thread rather than here.

Same issue as you. Don’t see anything on my account. 

1 hour ago, Need2Speak2Caesar said:

According to the british consulate on the bbc website, 200,000 are expected to travel over the 3 matches.

That's nearly a 25th of the population.

6 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Around 200,000 according to the British Consulate. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg3llnqzeqpo

Mmm, we've gone from "up to 200,000 could be Scots fans" which is a vague and uncertain 'worst case' scenario the British Consulate are preparing for, to "200,000 are expected to travel" without a single extra quote or source there.

And it remains fairly likely that even if we do go up into the six figures of 'travellers' that a fair chunk of them will be double counted people going in and out for individual games.

I know fecking "hunners" of troops going over to Germany without tickets, myself and 6 of my mates. If we are taking around a quarter million over there, how many countries will seriously be taking more? England, France, maybe Italy? Not counting Germany obviously.

Cannot fecking wait for it. Once in a lifetime for me. I was only 5 when we last played at a tournament that you could actually go to (1998) The atmosphere is going to be absolutely electric.

We are in Munich for the opener, then fly to Hamburg the day after for 5 days, then travelling to the border with a people carrier we've hired to stay at a chalet for ten days and we will travel to a different city each day. Couple of the guys are teetotal now, and are actually happy to drive, but that might change when the rest of us are absolutely blootered. 

25 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Mine are showing for me - absolutely buzzing with my view for the opening game.  Section 126 - pretty much here but a few rows closer to the pitch. Feels real now!!

allianz.jpg

Right I've gone right through all the lines of code now. I've searched for "Seat", "Row", "Block", and scrolled through the whole document manually. There's NO Seat Number on mine.

Which of course now has me worried! Although UEFA have taken the money, so not that worried.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Right I've gone right through all the lines of code now. I've searched for "Seat", "Row", "Block", and scrolled through the whole document manually. There's NO Seat Number on mine.

Which of course now has me worried! Although UEFA have taken the money, so not that worried.

Are you using chrome? Apparantly only works with that I saw on twitter.

I couldn't get it to work on my phone, but did on laptop. Good luck

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Also, my seat number wasn't actually next to the word 'seat' it was on the following line and indented 

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Mine are showing for me - absolutely buzzing with my view for the opening game.  Section 126 - pretty much here but a few rows closer to the pitch. Feels real now!!

allianz.jpg

Same here 👍

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Nope. Firefox.

Although, with it has to be said, no programming or web design knowledge whatsoever, I'm not sure why the source code changes depending on what browser is used. 🤔

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Using chrome myself and still having the same issue as @Skyline Drifter.

4 hours ago, edinabear said:

I know plenty of English based Scots who are going. Don't know if that is counted in the figures

Do I count as Scottish (because I am, and I'm supporting Scotland) or Australian (because that's the passport I'm travelling on) ?

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nope. Firefox.

Although, with it has to be said, no programming or web design knowledge whatsoever, I'm not sure why the source code changes depending on what browser is used. 🤔

SD's ticket
Seven Worst Tickets In Football: Shocking Images From Restricted View Seats  At Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Everton, QPR And West Brom Stadiums |  Page 3 of 7 | CaughtOffside

21 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I know fecking "hunners" of troops going over to Germany without tickets, myself and 6 of my mates. If we are taking around a quarter million over there, how many countries will seriously be taking more? England, France, maybe Italy? Not counting Germany obviously.

Cannot fecking wait for it. Once in a lifetime for me. I was only 5 when we last played at a tournament that you could actually go to (1998) The atmosphere is going to be absolutely electric.

We are in Munich for the opener, then fly to Hamburg the day after for 5 days, then travelling to the border with a people carrier we've hired to stay at a chalet for ten days and we will travel to a different city each day. Couple of the guys are teetotal now, and are actually happy to drive, but that might change when the rest of us are absolutely blootered. 

Due to the big (4 million) number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd generations of Turkish people in Germany, then they will also have a large fan presence.

1 hour ago, German Jag said:

Due to the big (4 million) number of 1st, 2nd, 3rd generations of Turkish people in Germany, then they will also have a large fan presence.

Austria should be carrying a big support over also

11 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Austria should be carrying a big support over also

To the games yes, but I'm not sure how many will be staying for more than a night at a time. Two of their three group games are in Berlin, and that's a straightforward day's journey from Austria.

Tens of millions of people in countries that border Germany can get to their team's games inexpensively by car, train or bus and back with at most an overnight stay. It was the same for us at Euro 96, I don't know or know of anyone who stayed down there between matches and I don't remember many traveling without tickets, in stark contrast to 1990 and 1998.

Most teams will be well-backed at games but us and the English will be among the biggest staying for the duration.

12 hours ago, German Jag said:

I was surprised to see quite a few tickets left for Turkey Georgia in Dortmund late in the last resale. As we're in Cologne at the time I thought it would be worth attempting to get tickets but presumed any game involving Turkey would sell out quickly.