Annan's new manager

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Why would he go to a smaller club? 

Yep were the wee boys down here, not worthy, and now the man who kissed the Blarney Stone has gone to the big boys. 

Where the hell do we go from here .

1 hour ago, annan4eva said:

Is that a kinda Nicola Sturgeon i honestly don’t remember comment? Wullie got dogs abuse from you guys.

I can't remind this personal abuse, no. 

Is that a kinda Nicola Sturgeon i honestly don’t remember comment? Wullie got dogs abuse from you guys.

Wullie Gibson has attracted abuse from just about every team's fans he has played for and played against, no need to single out QoS. He's not exactly innocent from dishing out abuse himself.

On 10/05/2024 at 12:34, Hauftimedraw said:

FWIW fully expect Wullie Gibson to be a shoo in as the continuity candidate. Question more likely to be does he want back into management after his last experience at Palmerston and some of the personal abuse directed at him.

Would hope the board have Danny Graingers number. Did a decent job at Workington and can keep the Carlisle connections. 

If looking at more left field appointment Gordon Moffat at Clydebank ticks a few boxes. Has Annan link and has done well at Yoker Park. 

An interesting close season lies ahead. Who needs the play offs!

Where's Yoker Park ?

5 hours ago, Wos-observer said:

He’s repeated failed and showed a lack of bottle when it matters.  Clydebank had a disastrous season this year.  

Chris Strain if interested would be a far better appointment.  

Lol ... 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Are Annan in some sort of financial trouble ? Was that one of the reasons an EGM was called for last month ? 

Wasn't aware they're in financial trouble. But I do know the club budget is absolutely tiny (I doubt that's surprising, mind you). No compo for Murphy is a bit of a kick in the stones for them as well. 

Edited by 19QOS19

44 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wasn't aware they're in financial trouble. But I do know the club budget is absolutely tiny (I doubt that's surprising, mind you). No compo for Murphy is a bit of a kick in the stones for them as well. 

One of the five reasons for an EGM was listed as a ‘challenging financial position’ …. Surprised to read that as always thought they were an extremely well run football club. 

51 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

One of the five reasons for an EGM was listed as a ‘challenging financial position’ …. Surprised to read that as always thought they were an extremely well run football club. 

I think they're well run, it's just done on a shoestring budget. I suppose that is a well run club compared to those who'll spend what they don't have. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I believe the no compo for the manager is correct. He had a year left on his contract which i also believe is correct.

27 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

I heard its kicking off at Annan also. Fans group having a bit of argy with director or something. No bonus payments being paid for staying up.  Not sure how right or wrong that is. 

Annan have no director. Honestly id concentrate on QOS.

Annan have no director. Honestly id concentrate on QOS.

"100% it’s all kicking off with the supporters club and the board anol that binnie tried to stick the head on Bryson and chunky was gassed and shouting let’s get them out the club after the Stirling game"

Was the garbled message forwarded many times that I recieved, apologies for not knowing who your Chairman, Vice Chairman or who the Chunkster is. 

The 5 concern are 

1 - lack of transparency & communications with shareholders & supporters. 

2 - Challenging financial position. 

3 - No meaningful commercial activities or strategy. 

4 - Fragmentation of the club. 

5 - Board structure that is no longer fit for purpose. 

Signed by several concerned individuals including a former Chairman. 

12 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

The 5 concern are 

1 - lack of transparency & communications with shareholders & supporters. 

2 - Challenging financial position. 

3 - No meaningful commercial activities or strategy. 

4 - Fragmentation of the club. 

5 - Board structure that is no longer fit for purpose. 

Signed by several concerned individuals including a former Chairman. 

Some of those could have been pinched from Queens fans concerns tbf ...

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Despite losses Queens have substantial funds in the bank. 

Aye, if true it makes you wonder why it took so long to punt Bartley and why simple routine maintenance of what I would consider their biggest asset hasn't been kept up.

Oops sorry , don't want to hijack the Annan thread, it's getting entertaining.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

1 hour ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Despite losses Queens have substantial funds in the bank. 

Quantify "substantial"? 

17 hours ago, annan4eva said:

I believe the no compo for the manager is correct. He had a year left on his contract which i also believe is correct.

How can he leave for nothing if he was contracted? Was there a clause he could leave any time a full time club came for him? Seems mental Annan wouldn't be due compo if he's contracted.