16 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Five wins and two draws in our last seven league games with just one goal conceded.

I know he didn’t want the job permanently but if we’d had Leven in instead of that useless gammon clown then we’d probably be in the European places. 

Colin's time in charge at Pittodrie is fast becoming one of those, "did that actually happen" events in SPFL history.

Still a headshaker of an appointment.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's a different job being caretaker. He's got a more relaxed relationship with the players, he doesn't need to worry about anything long-term, and now that they're bottom six the team has a bit of freedom.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

😂

5 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Raging these fucking tramps are hiding in the bottom six. Would love a derby next Saturday.

You’ve got the big **** vs wee **** derby. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Hope that Tory c**t Joe Newell is having a great day but let's be serious he couldn't care less.

That Tory c**t should be one of the first players out the door this summer. Offers absolutely nothing. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

To be serious for just a minute, at what point this week are Hibs on the phone to Killie asking about their manager, and does McInnes take the job?

Do Hearts not have Monty under contract until next season? 

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

To be serious for just a minute, at what point this week are Hibs on the phone to Killie asking about their manager, and does McInnes take the job?

I think that could happen and then we (sadly) lose Leven to Kilmarnock.

Leven clearly deserves huge credit.

The last 7 games in the league (plus the Celtic semi) show us that as most dons fans knew, we had a squad with enough talent to have a decent season.

Shame Robson fucked it. Next season we will be back up there

Nice to have it confirmed that no matter how shit a season we have Hibs will ALWAYS be shitter and more of an embarrassment 

3 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Nice to have it confirmed that no matter how shit a season we have Hibs will ALWAYS be shitter and more of an embarrassment 

Let’s not forget it wasn’t that long ago where our players decided to chuck a manager under the bus and capitulate in this particular fixture.

8 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Let’s not forget it wasn’t that long ago where our players decided to chuck a manager under the bus and capitulate in this particular fixture.

All for the greater good. Sort of. 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's a different job being caretaker. He's got a more relaxed relationship with the players, he doesn't need to worry about anything long-term, and now that they're bottom six the team has a bit of freedom.

There is truth in that, and we have the obvious Robson example, where most of the really good stuff came as caretaker.

Leven strikes me as a bit different though. Think his experiences at decent sized clubs in Russia and Belarus have made him much more worldly-wise and tactically adaptable. Barry ended up being too stubborn and thraan for his own good. 

Also, not all Leven’s games have been without pressure - a few weeks back that league table was still causing twitchy sphincters in AB postcodes.

Edited by tarapoa

1 minute ago, Bialystock said:

Michael Grant (times journo and celeb Dons fan in the Guilford Arms). He looks quite chuffed. 

Wait until he sees the price of a pint in there.

1 minute ago, Bialystock said:

Michael Grant (times journo and celeb Dons fan in the Guilford Arms). He looks quite chuffed. 

He's not a "celeb" (mods, please) if you have to explain who he is. 

3 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's not a "celeb" (mods, please) if you have to explain who he is. 

I’d much rather have a pint with him than the other higher profile dandies in that game, namely Jonathan Northcroft and Graham Hunter.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

A complete shock to see you appear on a Hibs vs Aberdeen thread. 

Good thing that we played on the Sunday so you didn’t have to miss the Hearts game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

From the outside looking in, it wasn't that long ago that Barry Robson got the job permanently after a successful spell as interim.

Apologies if that's miles out.

You are right, and I'm being partly facetious. But I do think Leven has more tactical adaptability than Robson, and certainly seems less dependent on one approach to create chances and win games. Performances and tactics have varied, but he has pretty much always kept us competitive regardless of opposition. It is still a relatively small sample size, but there is the outline of a good manager beginning to emerge. 

Whilst I'm pleased that he currently plans to be hanging around for next season, his presence might loom large if Thelin endures a tricky first few months. 

Edited by DrewDon