Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

11 minutes ago, buchan30 said:
10 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Sorry mate, couldn't resist

ttf-from-jungle-fowl-to-jungle-foul-e1600844626838.webp

As for Steven Mclean, he needs to look up the word “foul” (the sporting definition before some smart arse puts up a picture of a chicken) 

Knew i would be going against the grain with this comment. 

17 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Would assume Aero was fucked, normally a good pen taker.

Was subbed off so doesn't take one unless sudden death - correct me if wrong.

The scenes at the end make me feel like we've decided to helicopter in the face of the footballing gods, but that was exceptionally cathartic. I thought we'd absolutely fucked it with the first penalty, which would have been very harsh given Scott Brown's absolutely heroic performance. Obviously, it was completely over the top from a lot of our fans, but we've generally fared poorly in the playoffs before. I don't think I've ever seen such a collective headloss at Stark's. There's an absolute feeling that we can go on and do something special now, whether this season or next. 

Thistle deserve a lot of credit given how exhausting that must have been for them - I don't think it's disingenuous to say over the two ties they created more going forwards while still getting some very lucky breaks.

Thistle won't have the big financial question mark next season and should be able to go in stronger to a league campaign.  

Feel a bit numb TBH.

Thought Partick were tremendous after a few gruelling games this last fortnight.

I think after the league campaign, pushing DU as close as we did, we deserve a crack at the top flight but PT are a credit to the Championship.

Blood, guts and snotters. I love Cinch.

Hard lines to Thistle, pens are a cruel way to lose any game of football. You guys deserved the win in normal time - we never really got going or anywhere near how we played in the first half at Firhill and that’s a credit to Doolan and how you were set up and went about your game plan.

Your fans were a credit also - were loud and backing your team from start to finish. Sound bunch of fans on here too - the Home end clapped your players off as they headed for the tunnel and it was acknowledged by a few of your players.

On to Thursday now for us - different challenge and suspect, whoever we play, it won’t be so direct and we may actually get to play a bit of football ourselves. 

We’ve given ourselves a chance - which I think is the minimum the players deserve for their efforts this season. 

3 hours ago, Peil said:

That hoose across the road been burnt out?

3 hours ago, bennett said:

With the holes in the roof?

3 hours ago, Peil said:

Boarded up window as well, scorching on the frame

Someone died in a fire.

Well done Raith.  Looking forward to you taking a few points off Celtic next season... just have to see off Ross County or the Farmers' 11 first!

It was a very difficult watch.  Having a wee malt to celebrate a great night.

Couldn’t really ask for any more of an effort from the players tonight. Doolan got his team and tactics absolutely spot on and thought we played really well for most of the game. Brown best player on the park though, and but for him we’d probably have won the tie. Disappointing given the way it ended, and especially gutted for Ricco Diack but still a lot to be positive about overall about the club at the moment and the direction of travel. I reckon the 120 minutes tonight on top of the previous fixtures fitness wise might have killed any slim chance we’d have had in the 2-legged final. 

Fair play to Lewis Vaughan btw and genuinely hope Raith Rovers beat whoever it is in the final. 

Have to say commiserations to Partick.  There is only a fag paper between us.  If Partick got through I would have backed them in the final against the Prem team simply due to merit.  Respect to their fans who choose not to support the arse cheeks in very close proximity.  

As for the Rovers, my nerves are shredded but its the 'Rovers way'.  Never the easy way.  Hope its St Johnstone we play in the final as don't fancy the drive home from Dingwall at 11pm for 3 1/2 hours thanks to Sky setting the Sunday 2nd leg as an 8pm KO.  Just to suit some shitey English game.

Bring it on!  Just let me get my nerves unshredded again!

1 hour ago, Rael Rover said:

Thought Thistle were very good tonight and unlucky - penalties are always a lottery. While not a game of free flowing football it was proper both teams going for it and wonderful viewing entertainment. Not a fan of pitch invasions and hope it doesn't come back and bite our arse in the final. 

Give me blood and thunder over pretty passing on the half way line every week.

Thought the game tonight was a fantastic advert for everything I want from Scottish football. 

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Give me blood and thunder over pretty passing on the half way line every week.

Thought the game tonight was a fantastic advert for everything I want from Scottish football. 

It was. In fact both legs were. Congratulations to both teams for these games.

Great to see Blair Alston pulling out all the stops in the important matches as per.

Bad luck Thistle, but looking forward to visiting my daughter at Glasgow Uni at, by stunning chance, the exact same weekends Falkirk play at Firhill.

Mon the Rovers in the final!

Thank feck but well done Thistle. When it was extra time I thought they'd be running on empty but they seemed to have more energy left than us. Tremendous effort given their recent schedule.

A really gutting way to lose. If we had been soundly beaten it would almost be easier to take. I don’t think we could have played much better, so to still be exiting is tough. Really hope Diack doesn’t taken the miss too hard, he’s got a bright further ahead of him. 

Brown and Dabrowski were both brilliant for Raith I thought. Also fair play to Blair Alston, a player who has not exactly been a star this season, but he was absolutely crucial for us over these two legs.

Good luck to Raith in the final, I think you’ll do it. I thought before the game today, whoever would go through would go on to win the whole thing.

35 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Respect to their fans who choose not to support the arse cheeks in very close proximity.  

There's two ways you can take that, but I think you meant it as a compliment. 😂

Not the prettiest of games but soooo competitive.

Full credit to Thistle for how they went about it, could so easily have won it during the 90.

As a football supporter it's hard not to feel some compassion for MacMillan and Diack, also for Brian HSWHW Graham, how often have we seen him smash chances like the one he missed home? 

From a Raith fan…Thistle players and fans immense.Fans and players appreciated each other for a long time after the game. Players deservedly clapped off by the Raith fans. Players looked totally dejected going onto team bus.

As for Raith that tonight sums up a large part of our season…not great at times but get the job done (somehow).

Lewis Vaughan… what a moment…what a photo of him standing in front of that South Stand.

We deserve a shot at the Premiership team.

We were the better team by miles on the night, but Raith were better on Tuesday and over the course of the season, so no real complaints with missing out on the final. You just can’t afford to miss as many chances in a game as we did, and for the second year in a row a lack of prolificacy in front of goal was our downfall. All the best to Rovers in the final and would really like to see you do it.

It was a really cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans across the two legs as well. Regardless of what happens with the Rovers next week, tonight felt like a tie between two clubs who are trending in the right direction and are in a much better place both on and off the pitch than they were one year ago.