Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️ [3] Vs [3] Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 [Rovers progress on penalties]

Just in after a very tense and eventful game. Firstly great to see the old stadium full. On to the game I didn't think we played particularly well tonight, we could really do with a little bit of physicality, however having said that the ref who was unbelievably one sided would just have had even more reason to give fouls against us but turn a blind eye to the pushing, shoving constantly being used against us. Partick played well and there fans created a great atmosphere. Never great for any game to end in penalties but obviously I'm going to take it. MOM for me in terms of Raith players was Kyle Turner. No onto the final where we will have to play better but now have a very good chance of promotion.  We'll done Raith.

Posted (edited)

Hard lines to Partick.  They, and their fans, were superb tonight.  Unsure where they got that energy from, but Doolan got his tactics absolutely bang on.

When you consider we had home advantage, a longer lay off, a bigger squad, home advantage and a one goal lead....I thought we were poor.  

However, we ground it out.  Genuinely thought when the pens went 3-1 that we'd blown it.

Celebrations at the end were probably a bit much , but providing they weren't threatening thistle or their fans then who really cares. 

The past 5 years have seen this club give Dick Campbells Arbroath a guard of honour, and almost implode after the signing of Goodwillie.  We've moved on a hell of a long way in a short space of time, let folk enjoy it.

That said, nothing won yet.  2 big games to play.

Edited by CALDERON

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Hard lines to Partick.  They, and their fans, were superb tonight.  Unsure where they got that energy from, but Doolan got his tactics absolutely bang on.

When you consider we had home advantage, a longer lay off, a bigger squad, home advantage and a one goal lead....I thought we were poor.  

However, we ground it out.  Genuinely thought when the pens went 3-1 that we'd blown it.

Celebrations at the end were probably a bit much , but providing they weren't threatening thistle or their fans then who really cares. 

The past 5 years have seen this club give Dick Campbells Arbroath a guard of honour, and almost implode after the signing of Goodwillie.  We've moved on a hell of a long way in a short space of time, let folk enjoy it.

That said, nothing won yet.  2 big games to play.

We've moved on  considerably since losing to Brechin in the play-off, I'll take what come may after that debaucle.

Especially what came after. 

Screenshot_20240509-103543.thumb.jpg.da0e683bbb227d52076f13619b7843ca.jpg

Posted (edited)

Phew! Yet another fantastic game, both teams showing why they deserved to be in the playoffs. I really hate seeing the lottery of a penalty shootout after such a good tie. Both teams should take a bow after leaving everything on the park. 
What a hell of a fight from a Partick Thistle team that had some hard fought games to reach that penalty shootout. 
Congratulations to Raith Rovers, I still say they play some of the best football I’ve seen this season when they are on their game. 

Once again though, and only for very selfish reasons, I wish Raith the very worst of luck in the finals 

Edited by Wacky

Proud of the boys - didn't think they had the reserves to push a good RR team to the limit after the last few weeks. Weirdly not bothered about going up - it's shite anyway, just the money that's useful.

Proud of the fans as well - they'll be back next season probably even louder.

And good luck to you Rovers boys - you're better equipped to deal with whatever dross the Premier drops at your feet - get them pumped.

7 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I think Raith may struggle against Ross County's forward players but I'd imagine they would take St Johnstone. .

sidkimp-2blt9bqz1.thumb.jpg.626976d742574b8800e299f0d53630e1.jpg

in all seriousness Raith seem pretty open at the back, and subs make that worse. If space is there then these two have already shown they'll cause carnage. Neither played 900 minutes since signing but ones got 3 goals and the other has 4.

I’ve just watched Brown’s double clearance on the line and it’s magical stuff.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, he has been Ian Murray’s best signing as manager. Just a colossus and he’s everything I want a player in a Rovers strip to be. 

Watched the penalties back there too as I couldn’t even face them at the time, my old man even having to go to the car because he couldn’t bare it. That’s what it means. 

A momentous effort from both sets of clubs over the last two weeks, and penalties are cruel. But that’s the game. 

Doesn’t matter who we face next week now. Let’s just get it done Rovers. 

Thought Thistle were pretty unlucky especially with the penalties.Their keeper was so close to saving all of them and Graham should have buried that chance at the end.Great game to watch though and was certainly a nerve shredder for the fans.Raith played the more attractive football but Thistle were a very direct physical side who out muscled Rovers.

Not looking forward to facing Rovers if it comes to it but think we would have struggled with Partick too.Not hopeful at all as Rovers will rip us open at the back and we cant score but hey its football,anything can happen!

21 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Now we're out I'm campaigning for a 13 team top flight so Raith can go up but the Championship forum isn't forced to be the new home of RandomGuy.

I'm not as bad as I was last time we shared a forum, tbh.

Just now, doulikefish said:

Since Broony missed his penno rovers should send him back to us imo

Murray has said it on several occasions regard Brown. That he couldn’t believe he was playing at L1 level and nobody had came in for him.

He’s so good in his natural position and he can somehow play CB to a competent standard in the Championship.

9 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Diack should never have been put under that kind of pressure. Poor management.

At least you're "no a killie" though.👍

An enjoyable game for the neutrals. Thought Thistle were the better side on the night and were home and hosed halfway through the pens. How quickly things change.

Good luck to Raith. Wouldn't mind St Johnstone coming down: Perth's likely a better away day than Dingwall.

28 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

Perth's likely a better away day than Dingwall.

Nah, the opposite seems to be true.