WOSFL Summer Signings

With all this money sloshing around the WOS league we should be treated to a high quality of game next season. 

On the down side I'm having real trouble working out how much I should hate the opposition. Darvel are still the daddies in that regard but I suspect there will be a number of serious pretenders to their crown! 

15 minutes ago, Shanner said:

With all this money sloshing around the WOS league we should be treated to a high quality of game next season. 

On the down side I'm having real trouble working out how much I should hate the opposition. Darvel are still the daddies in that regard but I suspect there will be a number of serious pretenders to their crown! 

A very competitive league this season with big squad turnover for some teams.

1 hour ago, Mine Man said:

A very competitive league this season with big squad turnover for some teams.

For me this early burgh will be team to beat and st cadocs with divers will be dangerous , the rest talbot should improve on last season as a very young team , beith even although lost some top players strainie will have them very hard to beat , Cumnock have signed some good players and could surprise and gartcairn should be better , we won’t challenge with the squad we have or I will be surprised and let’s take time out for the bankies fans who will be middle of the table , one thing it will be easily is the 5th best league in Scotland , in fact I think best season will be most competitive since league was formed 

Burgh have been busy today!  Kian Gilday joins from Kirkintilloch Rob Roy! 

Been a while since we signed a player from someone other than Pollok or Beith!!!!!!

Aaron mason has a lovely touch , takes the ball down from  anywhere with ease but I think his feet go far too quick for his head and his finishing let's him down at times. 

Really unsure if his temperant lends too well to Johnstone burgh and I give this one 6 months maximum as mckinnon Is heavy on discipline.

St Cadocs the favourite for me.

expect Beith, Cumnock and Talbot to be in and around it. 

Burgh made some strong signings, be interesting how they settle and gel. 

first managerial change - Gartcairn.

I do have to question weather any thought is being put into the signings made by Burgh. All really good players but can they all work together? Big task for Murdie and a lot of pressure as they showed last season that they will be quick with the hook if it doesn’t go well. 

38 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Aaron mason has a lovely touch , takes the ball down from  anywhere with ease but I think his feet go far too quick for his head and his finishing let's him down at times. 

Really unsure if his temperant lends too well to Johnstone burgh and I give this one 6 months maximum as mckinnon Is heavy on discipline.

Is he? Rumours in the Southside on Saturday is Johnstone Burgh had to move a friendly back a week as certain players refused to play as they wanted to play in Jordan Longmuir’s testimonial. 

Losing control of the dressing room?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Is he? Rumours in the Southside on Saturday is Johnstone Burgh had to move a friendly back a week as certain players refused to play as they wanted to play in Jordan Longmuir’s testimonial. 

If you’re kowtowing to players over things like a testimonial over the playing for the club who are paying you handsomely then that could be a problem. 

I would be surprised if this was the case. 

Edited by Arthurlie1981

6 minutes ago, PollokGang said:

Absolutely miles from the truth.

1 hour ago, PollokGang said:

Tournament was put back a week to give the work done on the troublesome pitch area near the shed more time to bed in. Bearing in mind the Tournament is 5 games over 3 days. Also work being done to Clubhouse re painting, changing rooms, referee room.

Hope you enjoyed Jordan Longmuir game. Very worthy cause.

11 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

image.jpeg.274ee862f88dd510e6961605bc3e3419.jpeg

11 hours ago, amnarab said:

Tournament was put back a week to give the work done on the troublesome pitch area near the shed more time to bed in. Bearing in mind the Tournament is 5 games over 3 days. Also work being done to Clubhouse re painting, changing rooms, referee room.

Hope you enjoyed Jordan Longmuir game. Very worthy cause.

Wouldn’t you know about all of those works well in advance, before planning a tournament?

26 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

Wouldn’t you know about all of those works well in advance, before planning a tournament?

These things happen...ask a certain Glasgow bigot club! 

13 hours ago, Westy1 said:

St Cadocs the favourite for me.

expect Beith, Cumnock and Talbot to be in and around it. 

Burgh made some strong signings, be interesting how they settle and gel. 

first managerial change - Gartcairn.

First managerial change - Johnstone Burgh 

52 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

These things happen...ask a certain Glasgow bigot club! 

Do these things only happen to bigoted clubs?