Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

3 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i believe he does and yes he probably is.

appointing a rookie manager is a bit of a lucky dip. sounds about right for us.

I apprecate from bitter experience the concern about appointing a rookie Manager but Carrick's a rookie who knows the Club.  Fans (not just Stirling fans) saying they wouldn't want the usual merry-go- round of failed Managers at their Club must appreciate that new Managerial blood has to start somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I apprecate from bitter experience the concern about appointing a rookie Manager but Carrick's a rookie who knows the Club.  Fans (not just Stirling fans) saying they wouldn't want the usual merry-go- round of failed Managers at their Club must appreciate that new Managerial blood has to start somewhere.

i'm not vehemently opposed or anything but it's a risk. one bad season in league 2 could see you drop out of the league structure entirely. 

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i'm not vehemently opposed or anything but it's a risk. one bad season in league 2 could see you drop out of the league structure entirely. 

Appreciate what you're saying and failure in League 2 could be catastrophic but nothings guaranteed even with an experienced Manager. Best of luck in finding the right person anyway and hopefully a quick return to Lge 1.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

There is a trapdoor out of the league down here now mate and another home grown rookie is a hell of a risk. The goodwill is appreciated though, so thanks for that.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

1 minute ago, WC Boggs said:

There is a trapdoor out of the league down here now mate and another home grown rookie is a hell of a risk.

Carrick or McLean as asst mgr maybe? I can't work out if the board have planned this knowing relegation was a possibility a month ago. The fact they are asking for applications suggests they haven't got anyone lined up - or maybe not.

As long as it's not Barry Ferguson or a pundit type - that would push my patience to the limit.

Just now, SA45 said:

Carrick or McLean as asst mgr maybe? I can't work out if the board have planned this knowing relegation was a possibility a month ago. The fact they are asking for applications suggests they haven't got anyone lined up - or maybe not.

As long as it's not Barry Ferguson or a pundit type - that would push my patience to the limit.

But these pundits should be great managers when you listen to the way they talk, it's only when you give them a job you discover they're crap.

11 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Who knows?  I've got some popcorn to share if you want some.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has Carrick got his badges? If so, he's surely in with a shout? 

He does, he is/was a Youth Coach at Hearts (going by a YouTube interview he was in last year) and met James Creaney on his pro-licence, which is when he recommended him to KR.

There’s no sure fire, successful way to appoint a manager and I wouldn’t be against a rookie, whether that be Carrick, Pabs or Snodgrass…or someone else who’s hanging up the boots…I just want a positive appointment that attacks and tries to play football, not another KR sort that talks the talk, hoofs the ball and is eye bleedingly awful to watch and makes you question why you go to the football on a Saturday.

On 13/05/2024 at 20:25, Stirling fifer said:

Think Christine Curtis will be looking to appoint  Jim Jeffrey's, as I believe  she was under him at Dunfermline and Edinburgh City.

Not far wrong

On 15/05/2024 at 19:01, BB_Bino said:

He does, he is/was a Youth Coach at Hearts (going by a YouTube interview he was in last year) and met James Creaney on his pro-licence, which is when he recommended him to KR.

There’s no sure fire, successful way to appoint a manager and I wouldn’t be against a rookie, whether that be Carrick, Pabs or Snodgrass…or someone else who’s hanging up the boots…I just want a positive appointment that attacks and tries to play football, not another KR sort that talks the talk, hoofs the ball and is eye bleedingly awful to watch and makes you question why you go to the football on a Saturday.

A rookie is dicing with the trapdoor 

7 minutes ago, Binos said:

A rookie is dicing with the trapdoor 

Yep, you can't mess around with a rookie down in L2 lads, far too much risk there, you need experience and someone who knows what they are doing.  Good luck.

28 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yep, you can't mess around with a rookie down in L2 lads, far too much risk there, you need experience and someone who knows what they are doing.  Good luck.

Just out of interest, and not having a go, but where CAN people mess around with a rookie?  Surely they need to be given a chance somewhere, and isn't league 2 probably the best place?

On another note, who is even picking your manager?  I hear its like the Mary Celeste down Forthbank way?

21 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Just out of interest, and not having a go, but where CAN people mess around with a rookie?  Surely they need to be given a chance somewhere, and isn't league 2 probably the best place?

It's all about a club's perception of the level of risk involved.  Screw up badly in L2 and you run the risk of the ultimate trapdoor to oblivion.  Screw up in L1 (like we did with rookies in Gibson and then Bartley) and it's a lesser (although still bad) risk of dropping into L2 - ie bad, but not quite the trapdoor to oblivion.

Heard a rumour Darren Barr may be interested. Decent career spent at a high level, probably curtailed due to injuries. Recently been doing youth work at Morton then Airdrie.

Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, ??? said:

Heard a rumour Darren Barr may be interested. Decent career spent at a high level, probably curtailed due to injuries. Recently been doing youth work at Morton then Airdrie.

Thoughts?

No thoughts really. He was caretaker manager for a few games for us a while back when we sacked Dave Mackay. 

Like others, I would rather not a rookie appointment.

45 minutes ago, ??? said:

Thoughts?

Yeah, no thoughts really….steady player for us during his short spell, so assuming he lives local/semi local. We seem to like appointing ex-Annan staff in coaching/management positions