Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ??? said:

Heard a rumour Darren Barr may be interested. Decent career spent at a high level, probably curtailed due to injuries. Recently been doing youth work at Morton then Airdrie.

Thoughts?

Played for us for 6 months, became Interim manager when Dave McKay left, moved on when Kevin Rutkiewicz appointed. They swapped jobs he took over as assistant manager at Annan from KR, he left them 3 years ago. 

Doesn’t seem likely, but that may depend on the job and man profile and if a senior figure was to be brought in as a mentor.

Edited by AlbionMan

20 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

No thoughts really. He was caretaker manager for a few games for us a while back when we sacked Dave Mackay. 

Like others, I would rather not a rookie appointment.

Does jim jeffries want it

Have we a few pakora pies we could bribe him with

22 minutes ago, Binos said:

Does jim jeffries want it

Have we a few pakora pies we could bribe him with

JJ as player-manager. Leishman as Director of Football and Alex Totten as Youth Coach. All the experience we need 😄

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

Whats John Brogan doing these days?

Not sure, but "Drinks" is a fancy car salesman up in Perth I think. Get the old band back together.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, buffs1999 said:

Chris Aitken Kilwinning Rangers manager for the job

If that's true I'd suggest our board goes somewhere they'd be less under fire.  Donbass in Ukraine for example.

6 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

If that's true I'd suggest our board goes somewhere they'd be less under fire.  Donbass in Ukraine for example.

Is this the Albion board's version of cutting off their nose to spite their face?

They don't appear to be doing much to please/appease the Albion fans. Such a shame 😞 for a good wee club.

34 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Is this the Albion board's version of cutting off their nose to spite their face?

They don't appear to be doing much to please/appease the Albion fans. Such a shame 😞 for a good wee club.

These are people who thought our wee club was so attractive to experienced managers that it would be so easy peasy to find one. They were never off our former chairman's back about getting nothing but applications from rookies to choose from.  Well now they're getting a taste of reality mate and trust me they've got it coming.  Sadly, the supporters deserve better. Most of them anyway.

1 hour ago, buffs1999 said:

Chris Aitken Kilwinning Rangers manager for the job

No chance.....just checked it's not April 1st.... I'm sure if he was given the reins there would be whiplash to go with the backlash

At least we got some correspondence today...our fixtures for the Premier sports cup...special exemption for a 5 a side team...ref can stop the game after it gets to 6-0 against us...

Spenny signs for the Shire 

Banner signs for Stenny 

Scouse for Stranraer 

Pabs for Cowdenbeath 

BC for Cumnock 

Never thought I'd see the day this happened 😳 

Manager, Asst Manager, Doc, physio, kitman gone

Leitch, Weir, Dunsy gone 

What a mess 🙈

20 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Screenshot_20240531_184458_Chrome.jpg

Lord Almighty if this is true. I thought the application criteria was to have proven managerial success? He's not even managed in SPFL. Wasn't his biggest fan but to go from DY to this, if true, is a shocker. The board couldn't have done worse in the last month. "Banner" ffs.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Relegated last season from Tier 6 (after coming into the club in Feb)

Maybe he'll consider relegation from Tier 4 an improvement!

You sometimes would love to be a fly on the wall to hear how they've managed to come to the conclusion that Chris Aitken is the outstanding candidate 🤔🤨

Edited by Riviera711

Aitken is a hugely underwhelming appointment. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt over sacking DY until we knew what the plan was. It's clear now there was no plan. 

12 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I think his managerial record at Kilwinning is:

Won 18

Drawn 7

Lost 24

Relegated last season from Tier 6 (after coming into the club in Feb)

Finished 7th this season in Tier 7

Correct 

Absolutely scandalous 

What happened to the credentials of SPFL experience required for the job...we relieve DY of his duties for a tier 7 manager 

5 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Maybe he'll consider relegation from Tier 4 and improvement!

You sometimes would love to be a fly on the wall to hear how they've managed to come to the conclusion that Chris Aitken is the outstanding candidate 🤔🤨

Still holding fire until it's confirmed officially or not, but locked and loaded on that one.