Stirling Albion's Next Permanent Manager

Just now, WC Boggs said:

Still holding fire until it's confirmed officially or not, but locked and loaded on that one.

Record saying it's Aitken. Four-man shortlist was Aitken, Tam O'Ware, Patrick Cregg and Alan Maybury.

Just now, unitedbino said:

Record saying it's Aitken. Four-man shortlist was Aitken, Tam O'Ware, Patrick Cregg and Alan Maybury.

Yeah I know, but until they confirm it.  I'll wait.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Lord Almighty if this is true. I thought the application criteria was to have proven managerial success? He's not even managed in SPFL. Wasn't his biggest fan but to go from DY to this, if true, is a shocker. The board couldn't have done worse in the last month. "Banner" ffs.

If the shortlist posted above is true, then the only one with proven SPFL managerial experience, never mind success is Maybury. How did the other 3 get shortlisted if that was a pre-requisite? 

Ultimately you’ve got to give the guy a chance like we did with Brian McLean last year, but it’s a baffling appointment on the face of it. The board will need to be prepared to pull the trigger quite early doors next season if it’s not working out. 

Edited by ScottR96

2 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

If the shortlist posted above is true, then the only one with proven SPFL managerial experience, never mind success is Maybury. How did the other 3 get shortlisted if that was a pre-requisite? 

Ultimately you’ve got to give the guy a chance like we did with Brian McLean last year, but it’s a baffling appointment on the face of it. The board will need to be prepared to pull the trigger quite early doors next season if it’s not working out. 

Relegation from 6th tier....7th in 7th tier...what criteria is that.... SPFL experience.... is what we needed 74 year old Jimmy Bone for..... treating us like mugs.....  how about pulling the trigger on the board 🤔 

We had no plan in place... nothing...this just proves it 

2 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Ultimately you’ve got to give the guy a chance like we did with Brian McLean last year, but it’s a baffling appointment on the face of it. 

Tiff was a favourite player of many of us and is well liked.  It smells strongly that is the reason he was chosen in a panic though, not on any record of achievement.

Just now, Quentin Taranbino said:

I mean it could be Steven Aitken and his brother has left Kilwinning to join him as assistant 🤷‍♂️

Clutching at straws here

I'd happily clutch it with you to be honest.

1 minute ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I mean it could be Steven Aitken and his brother has left Kilwinning to join him as assistant 🤷‍♂️

Clutching at straws here

The chat is that Stevie will be coming as Chris’s assistant. Durrant likely to join up from Kilwinning as part of the staff also.

18 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

The chat is that Stevie will be coming as Chris’s assistant. Durrant likely to join up from Kilwinning as part of the staff also.

This is bizarre if it's the case. AFAIK Stevie's main strengths when he was with us was his management rather than his coaching (which Faz did), and Chris Aitken obviously served as a coach at Stranraer for a fair while. But his managerial record is pretty poor at Kilwinning.

Stevie with Chris as his assistant might not have been the worst appointment in the world. Stevie did a good job with us and I think it's unfortunate that he's not worked again in the SPFL. But the other way around doesn't seem to be making the most of the skills you have there.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

how about pulling the trigger on the board 🤔 

While I totally sympathize with that mate it's not an option. It would be mad to do that without experienced people ready to step in.  The only people who can remove them are the people who put them there. Even if they did God only knows what kind of numptys they would put in next.  Finally, I think fans have had their fill of factions and revolution and the only option is a loud get your bleeding act together message.

Not having fans find this out by a leak to the press would have been a first step with that.  Whoever leaked this to the Record should be....CENSORED.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

21 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Overlooking your somewhat creepy obsession with us, I think this might be the first time I've agreed with you. 

Means a lot coming from you Stewarty. A poster of real prestige.

It doesn't take a genius to see where this is heading for Stirling. Powderpuff ownership, rookie management, reduced budget, pea hearted supporters revolting.

This is not a great mix ahead of the new season. Edinburgh City obviously look like the comfort blanket just now but when they are removed shortly and replaced by East Kilbride then all eyes will be on Stirling as the 'Club 42' favourites.

20 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

While I totally sympathize with that mate it's not an option. It would be mad to do that without experienced people ready to step in.  The only people who can remove them are the people who put them there.

I'd rather have Jack & Victor the stewards on the board at this rate.

A Kilwinning fan on their forum says we have changed our mind and Aitken is staying with them!

What the fcuk is going on!

A Kilwinning fan on their forum says we have changed our mind and Aitken is staying with them!

What the fcuk is going on!

@Quentin Taranbino doesn't anything with our club surprise you lately....I'm taking a leaf out of  @WC Boggs book & staying silent until official announcement