Guess the squad game

Gunn,  Clark, Gordon.

Tierney, Robertson.  Hendry. Souter,  McKenna,  Cooper, Porteous  Hanley, McCrorie. Taylor,

Mcginn, mcTominay,  Armstrong,   McGregor, Gilmour,  McLean. Barron. Forrest, Jack.

Adams, Dykes   Christie, Shankland, 

I'm not a fan of Adams. I've just never seen anything  to make me believe  he is a striker. He misses  too many easy opportunities,  he is not brave, I just dont see it, he is probably  lucky  that we have very little else in competition 

1. Angus Gunn 

2. Anthony Ralston

3. Andy Robertson

4. Scott McTominay

5. Grant Hanley

6. Kieran Tierney

7. John McGinn

8. Callum McGregor

9. Lyndon Dykes

10. Che Adams

11. Ryan Christie

12. Craig Gordon

13. Jack Hendry

14. Billy Gilmour 

15. Ryan Porteous

16. Liam Cooper

17. Stuart Armstrong

18. Lawrence Shankland

19. James Forrest

20. Greg Taylor

21. Zander Clark

22. Connor Barron

23. Kenny McLean

24. Ryan Fraser

25. Robbie McCrorie

26. Scott McKenna

1. Angus Gunn

2. Anthony Ralston

3. Andy Robertson

4. Jack Hendry

5. Ryan Porteous

6. Kieran Tierney

7. John McGinn

8. Billy Gilmour

9. Che Adams

10. Scott McTominay

11. Calum McGregor

12. Zander Clark

13. Liam Cooper

14. Ross McCrorie

15. Stuart Armstrong

16. Kenny McLean

17. Lawrence Shankland

18. Greg Taylor

19. Grant Hanley

20. Lyndon Dykes

21. John Souttar

22. Scott McKenna

23. Craig Gordon

24. James Forrest

25. Max Johnston

26. Connor Barron

Posted (edited)

I think with the injuries and the increased squad size, Clarke will call up 2 or 3 players wit more of a mind for the next campaign. So I've gone for Max Johnston and Connor Barron but I imagine Doig would be there if we had fewer LBs.. The likes of Conway, Miller, Watson or Doak wouldn't surprise me either.

Positions are how i think Clarke will use them rather than their best position. Left out Ferguson, Hanley, Hickey & Patterson for injuries/lack of game time but Hanley might push one of the young players out of the squad.

GKs: Gunn, Clark, Gordon

RBs: Ralston, McCrorie, Johnston

CBs: Porteous, McKenna, Cooper, Hendry, Souttar, Tierney

LBs: Robertson, Taylor

CMs: McGregor, Gilmour, McTominay, McLean, Barron

AM: McGinn, Christie, Armstrong, Forrest

ST: Adams, Dykes, Shankland

Edited by ilostmyself
Forgot Porteous

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Porteous is definitely not getting dropped.

Yeah, I accept there has to be a major question mark against Hanley too given the lack of game time but with Clarke already short of numbers and waxing lyrical back in March about Hanley's influence on the squad combined with Norwich sitting him on the bench for the last four games and very briefly on the pitch I'll be surprised if he doesn't go. He may not start now (I'm sure a fully fit Hanley does) but he'll go. He'd probably go ahead of Souttar and maybe even Cooper, though I suspect all three will likely go.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, I accept there has to be a major question mark against Hanley too given the lack of game time but with Clarke already short of numbers and waxing lyrical back in March about Hanley's influence on the squad combined with Norwich sitting him on the bench for the last four games and very briefly on the pitch I'll be surprised if he doesn't go. He may not start now (I'm sure a fully fit Hanley does) but he'll go. He'd probably go ahead of Souttar and maybe even Cooper, though I suspect all three will likely go.

Everyone putting Souttar in the squad. I really hope he doesn't go, anytime I've seen him play he's been completely out of his depth. An absolute bomb scare of a defender. Despite their lack of games I'd have Cooper and Hanley well before him. 

25 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Everyone putting Souttar in the squad. I really hope he doesn't go, anytime I've seen him play he's been completely out of his depth. An absolute bomb scare of a defender. Despite their lack of games I'd have Cooper and Hanley well before him. 

Agreed about Souttar.

Thing is, though, he has started 24 SPL matches. That's not to be sniffed at, especially since the Old Firm have the same aversion to Scots as Dracula has to crosses.

He's now 27, maybe he's a Colin Hendry type and he'll develop late. Hopefully he does.

It's worrying that there isn't any young center back on the horizon. Only ones that I can think of is King and Morrison. But neither are playing regularly (it's harder for Morriston as he's at Bayern Munich).

Change of rules

Given that 28 players are being named on Wednesday and cut down. The deadline for entry is still tomorrow 9pm, but I won't mark the results until after 7th June.

Something to think about for those of you who have selected Stuart Armstrong.

8 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

1. Angus Gunn

2. Anthony Ralston

3. Andy Robertson

4. Jack Hendry

5. Ryan Porteous

6. Kieran Tierney

7. John McGinn

8. Billy Gilmour

9. Che Adams

10. Scott McTominay

11. Calum McGregor

12. Zander Clark

13. Liam Cooper

14. Ross McCrorie

15. Stuart Armstrong

16. Kenny McLean

17. Lawrence Shankland

18. Greg Taylor

19. Grant Hanley

20. Lyndon Dykes

21. John Souttar

22. Scott McKenna

23. Craig Gordon

24. James Forrest

25. Max Johnston

26. Connor Barron

1. Gunn

2. Ralston

3. Robertson 

4. McTominay

5. Hanley

6. Tierney

7. McGinn

8. McGregor

9. Dykes

10. Adams

11. Christie

12. Gordon

13. Hendry

14. Gilmour 

15. Porteous

16. McLean

17. Armstrong 

18. Taylor

19. McRorie

20. Cooper

21. Clark

22. Jack

23. Souttar 

24. Shankland

25. McKenna

26.  Forrest

2 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Change of rules

Given that 28 players are being named on Wednesday and cut down. The deadline for entry is still tomorrow 9pm, but I won't mark the results until after 7th June.

Something to think about for those of you who have selected Stuart Armstrong.

What’s this?

Just now, eez-eh said:

What’s this?

John Carver said today that the announcement on Wednesday will contain 28 players instead of 26. The unlucky 2 will be cut on 7th June. 

Just now, JS_FFC said:

John Carver said today that the announcement on Wednesday will contain 28 players instead of 26. The unlucky 2 will be cut on 7th June. 

The sicko in me says it would be funny if he finally called up Gauld in the 28 only to cut him out.

5 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Agreed about Souttar.

Thing is, though, he has started 24 SPL matches. That's not to be sniffed at, especially since the Old Firm have the same aversion to Scots as Dracula has to crosses.

He's now 27, maybe he's a Colin Hendry type and he'll develop late. Hopefully he does.

It's worrying that there isn't any young center back on the horizon. Only ones that I can think of is King and Morrison. But neither are playing regularly (it's harder for Morriston as he's at Bayern Munich).

Ibane Bowat's been on loan from Fulham at Hartberg in the Austrian Bundesliga this season. They finished fifth and he started 29 of their 32 games. Capped six times for the u-21s, it would be nice if he could break into the Fulham squad next season.

Consensus squad so far - the numbers in brackets are the number of selections out of a possible 17:

Goalkeepers [3]: Angus Gunn (17), Craig Gordon (17) and Zander Clark (17)

Defenders [11]: Scott McKenna (17), Ryan Porteous (17), Andy Robertson (17), Greg Taylor (17), Kieran Tierney (17), Jack Hendry (16), Grant Hanley (15), Ross McCrorie (14), Anthony Ralston (14), Liam Cooper (14), John Souttar (13)

Midfielders [9]: Callum McGregor (17), Billy Gilmour (17), John McGinn (17), Kenny McLean (17), Scott McTominay (17), Ryan Christie (16), James Forrest (15), Stuart Armstrong (15), Connor Barron (10)

Forwards [3]: Che Adams (17), Lyndon Dykes (17), Lawrence Shankland (17)

Nearly men:

Ryan Jack - 5

Max Johnston - 4

Ben Doak - 3

Ryan Fraser - 2

Aaron Hickey - 2 [Confirmed out with injury]

Ross Stewart - 2

Liam Kelly - 2

Josh Doig - 2

Nathan Patterson - 1 [Confirmed out with injury]

Jacob Brown - 1

Harvey Barnes - 1 [Not declared to play for Scotland]

Tommy Conway - 1

6 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Consensus squad so far - the numbers in brackets are the number of selections out of a possible 17:

Goalkeepers [3]: Angus Gunn (17), Craig Gordon (17) and Zander Clark (17)

Defenders [11]: Scott McKenna (17), Ryan Porteous (17), Andy Robertson (17), Greg Taylor (17), Kieran Tierney (17), Jack Hendry (16), Grant Hanley (15), Ross McCrorie (14), Anthony Ralston (14), Liam Cooper (14), John Souttar (13)

Midfielders [9]: Callum McGregor (17), Billy Gilmour (17), John McGinn (17), Kenny McLean (17), Scott McTominay (17), Ryan Christie (16), James Forrest (15), Stuart Armstrong (15), Connor Barron (10)

Forwards [3]: Che Adams (17), Lyndon Dykes (17), Lawrence Shankland (17)

Nearly men:

Ryan Jack - 5

Max Johnston - 4

Ben Doak - 3

Ryan Fraser - 2

Aaron Hickey - 2 [Confirmed out with injury]

Ross Stewart - 2

Liam Kelly - 2

Josh Doig - 2

Nathan Patterson - 1 [Confirmed out with injury]

Jacob Brown - 1

Harvey Barnes - 1 [Not declared to play for Scotland]

Tommy Conway - 1

Would like to, understatement, see us asking harvey barnes before calling up connor barron

Just now, Binos said:

Would like to, understatement, see us asking harvey barnes before calling up connor barron

They don't play the same position so it's not really relevant

I'm sure we've already asked anyway