Guess the squad game

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Four left-backs, Claudio? Four? That's insane?

I don't know what I am doing. I will leave it to Steve.

I am seriously struggling to fill 23 spots let alone 26/28. 

Edited by Claudia Gentile

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

I don't know what I am doing. I will leave it to Steve.

I am seriously struggling to fill 23 spots let alone 26/28. 

🤣🎉

This is my squad. I'd have had Mcrorie in but I couldn't find him in the selection, instead of Jack who I don't think will make it due to lack of fitness/game time.

Screenshot_20240521-185548.png

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

3 hours to get your entries in

Ach I'm leaving mine. I've second guessed a few things and I'm still not convinced about the Gordon v Kelly debate, though I suspect he'll name all four tomorrow anyway and push that discussion further down the line so makes no odds at this stage.

I think 28 will be to allow him to defer the GK selection and include both Armstrong and someone else who will drop out if Armstrong makes it. That being the case I assume Hanley, Adams and Souttar are probably all ok. If he was doubtful about their fitness we'd have a 31 man squad tomorrow and they'd all be trying to prove something (unless Souttar's unexpectedly out altogether or something).

I suppose it's conceivable the keeper decision has been made and the 28th man is Ryan Jack but that seems a bigger reach.

Gunn, Gordon, Clarke 

Robertson, Taylor, Ralston, Max, Tierney, Porteous, McKenna, Hendry, Cooper, Hanley, (Souttar)

Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Christie, Armstrong, McLean, (Barron), Jack

Dykes, Adams, Shankland, Forrest, Doak

I think Souttar stays in if Hanley or Cooper aren't ready, and Barron stays in if Armstrong or Jack aren't ready.

Probably the most boring prediction I could've gone for. I'll say that Barron and Johnston will also be included in the 28 tomorrow, though it's funny that nobody would've had Barron in their squad until that recent article. 

image.png

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Gunn, Gordon, Clarke 

Robertson, Taylor, Ralston, Max, Tierney, Porteous, McKenna, Hendry, Cooper, Hanley, (Souttar)

Gilmour, McGregor, McTominay, McGinn, Christie, Armstrong, McLean, (Barron), Jack

Dykes, Adams, Shankland, Forrest, Doak

I think Souttar stays in if Hanley or Cooper aren't ready, and Barron stays in if Armstrong or Jack aren't ready.

So you're concerned Cooper, who hasn't been injured all season might not be "ready" but aren't even considering the possibility that Ben Doak who has been injured since December might not be?

Not sure there's much logic to your thought process here.

i think the original 23 speaks for itself..but the 3 extra squad players...why dont we include 3 of the 4 nominees for the young player of the year we all know that they wont get a sniff of game time but it would be good for them and possibly us in the future to get them involved now...

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So you're concerned Cooper, who hasn't been injured all season might not be "ready" but aren't even considering the possibility that Ben Doak who has been injured since December might not be?

Not sure there's much logic to your thought process here.

The logic, and the reason I intentionally said "ready" rather than "fit" is that while I think Clarke will want to take Cooper, if he looks at him in training and thinks he isn't sharp enough then he might go for Souttar instead.

Doak is an absolute wildcard; I get that. I just have a sneaking feeling that with extra places avaliable, and based on taking Gilmour, Patterson and Turnbull last time, he might want to use the tournament to introduce Doak into the squad.

Partly its just a controversial prediction so thst I can say told you so if it comes off. 😀