Seal the trapdoor

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm sure there are those fans of Lowland League clubs that fear some SPFL clubs joining the league as well. As some of the ex-SPFL clubs have shown a variety of ways to justify taking the B team coin rather than reject it.

Cowdenbeath only?

11 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The introduction of the B Teams (along with NI and Welsh teams that season) was a decision taken by the SPFL board, it didn't go to a vote of the whole SPFL.

Finally someone says it.

31 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Two B teams in the LL who cannot be promoted is not a massive issue to SPFL clubs.

Yes it is, as I've already said clubs being relegated into a division with B teams is an issue for them, mainly because their fanbases have continually lobbied them to say they don't want them in the league. It's also not just about SPFL clubs, clubs below the LL get shafted by that as well. 

16 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The introduction of the B Teams (along with NI and Welsh teams that season) was a decision taken by the SPFL board, it didn't go to a vote of the whole SPFL.

Facts have no place in this debate. The LL fan boys will not allow it.

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Are you suggesting clubs have no influence over the SPFL board? A motion can be tabled at AGM of course.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yes it is, as I've already said clubs being relegated into a division with B teams is an issue for them, mainly because their fanbases have continually lobbied them to say they don't want them in the league. It's also not just about SPFL clubs, clubs below the LL get shafted by that as well. 

If they're relegated they're no longer an SPFL club and suck up whatever awaits them.

How do clubs below the LL get shafted exactly?

Just now, Burnieman said:

If they're relegated they're no longer an SPFL club and suck up whatever awaits them.

How do clubs below the LL get shafted exactly?

Lol, is that for the good of the game eh? Suck it up. 

Because any expansion of the LL should include the teams who are in the division below who have earned it, but instead the LL let in teams for a few thousand quid. I've absolutely no idea why you're arguing against me here :lol:

Just now, The Moonster said:

Lol, is that for the good of the game eh? Suck it up. 

Because any expansion of the LL should include the teams who are in the division below who have earned it, but instead the LL let in teams for a few thousand quid. I've absolutely no idea why you're arguing against me here :lol:

The LL cannot expand beyond 16 permament members, you should be aware of that already.

So just to make things clear everyone on here is against B teams, yet this seems to be about demonstrating to the world who hates B teams more than everybody else.

So which one of us baldies is winning the comb?

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

The LL cannot expand beyond 16 permament members, you should be aware of that already.

But they have done already via invitation. Does mean that they are breaking their own rules?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

:lol:

Have a good day mate.

Edited by The Moonster

Just now, CityDave94 said:

So just to make things clear everyone on here is against B teams, yet this seems to be about demonstrating to the world who hates B teams more than everybody else.

So which one of us baldies is winning the comb?

If the SPFL/SFA were going to do something useful for a change, perhaps helping fund a proper reserve league and making a Reserve/B/Colt team a compulsory part of being a member of the Premiership would help, it would have more of an impact on developing "players for the national team" that they seem so concerned about when Maxwell was floating around the barmy Conference.  Then you launch B teams from the diddy cup.

5 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

But they have done already via invitation. Does mean that they are breaking their own rules?

Well the SFA won't allow them to expand to 18, so I assume "guest teams" are a way or circumventing that.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Well the SFA won't allow them to expand to 18, so I assume "guest teams" are a way or circumventing that.

So what are you complaining about?

Everyone here hates the B teams, so what is your point?

3 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

So what are you complaining about?

Everyone here hates the B teams, so what is your point?

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Who voted the Colt/B teams into the diddy cup in 2016 which is only for clubs from the Championship down? I guess that would be the SPFL clubs.

The SPFL clubs continue to be happy for them to play in it, and if you're looking for the seeds of why B/Colt teams exist in Senior football, that's it.

Why aren't the clubs from Championship down voting to remove them from the diddy cup?

Someone else above was highlighting the fact there's no prize money in the LL, so SPFL clubs Rangers and Celtic (and a season later Hearts) offer a sizeable chunk of cash to the LL and unsurprisingly clubs take it.   I don't think it was right and it should never have happened, but I can understand why league/clubs took the dough and continue to do so.

The SFA Conference proposal to accomodate SPFL B teams would have probably been passed until the fans got involved and most lower SPFL clubs decided voting against was perhaps the wiser course of action.

SPFL, SPFL, SPFL......the Lowland League is far from being the problem here.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So, to sum up, B teams in the challenge cup = an abomination, the SPFL’s fault.

B teams in the Lowland League = absolutely tremendous, also the SPFL’s fault

I wish the LL was more open at the bottom with potentially 3 relegation spots and potentially 3 teams coming up from tier 6. Must be a lot of self preservation going on in the LL, but then again you wouldn't expect turkeys to vote for Christmas.

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Yes but the fight back needs to have started somewhere and the failure of the monstrosity that was called the Conference was a good start. Absolutely gold when Rangers threw their toys out of the pram and walked away. 1 down two to go. Don't see the point in Celtic B existing now, they can't be getting much out of it now since their whole point for being here is competing with Rangers B.

5 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Yes but the fight back needs to have started somewhere and the failure of the monstrosity that was called the Conference was a good start. Absolutely gold when Rangers threw their toys out of the pram and walked away. 1 down two to go. Don't see the point in Celtic B existing now, they can't be getting much out of it now since their whole point for being here is competing with Rangers B.

As I said earlier, that should have been followed through with a proposal to remove B teams from the diddy cup, plus some sort of debate on how to resolve the mess that is Reserve/B/Colt football in this country with everyone pulling in different directions.  Solve that conundrum = no B teams in senior competition.