Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

20 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

It's yet another example of the fans in this country being treated as a complete afterthought.  The noon kick off on Sunday is a bloody joke for Raith fans too. Outwith the OF we all have to put up with this nonsense and it wouldn't be tolerated in the likes of Germany. It will remain the status quo though as we are far too compliant and the clubs are wary of rocking the boat.

to be fair they didn’t know it was going to involve Ross County again

Getting to Livingston, Perth or anywhere else for 12:00 on a Sunday would be considerably easier

On 20/05/2024 at 21:15, tree house tam said:

That's not what you said though. You said we escaped relegation by goal difference. I think not, we escaped a two legged play off against cannon fodder.  Raith are a team full of our fucking rejects, I think we know exactly how it would've panned out because believe it or not we've seen how shite your players are first hand.

James brown is the only one who has actually played a decent amount of games for you w⚓ and you can have him back he's bout as useful as a chocolate tea pot don't worry we will hopefully see how it will pan out when Vaughan is skelping hatrick's against you next season 

2 hours ago, SM12THN said:

Horrendous. There’s about 20 busses heading up I’m sure as well as people driving. Busses leaving at 6.30/6.45 etc. 

found out now raith have sold out 1800 for Dingwall and have requested another 400. Wow - it’s going to be some atmosphere!!! 

You'll likely get the wendy house section of the east stand.

When was the last time we played Raith- tail end of the 10's? I think I remember us giving Raith a doing when they were in the third tier.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SM12THN said:

Horrendous. There’s about 20 busses heading up I’m sure as well as people driving. Busses leaving at 6.30/6.45 etc. 

found out now raith have sold out 1800 for Dingwall and have requested another 400. Wow - it’s going to be some atmosphere!!! 

Raith have sold or taken the full allocation of circa 2500.

As of yesterday, Raith had sold more tickets than RC have.

Edited by StoneThrowAway

59 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

James brown is the only one who has actually played a decent amount of games for you w⚓ and you can have him back he's bout as useful as a chocolate tea pot don't worry we will hopefully see how it will pan out when Vaughan is skelping hatrick's against you next season 

The problem with going into a different division is that you’ve got to learn who all the P&B roasters are for that division. 
Starting to get a handle on it now though so thanks for showing yourselves 👍🏼

Posted (edited)

There are no Old Firm games. There are no EPL games. The only other game Sky have is the English Championship Play Off Final at 3pm. There is no excuse for such a ridiculous kick off time for this game. It's just another example of their couldn't give a toss about match going fans policy that isn't exclusive to Scotland. 

ETA - It also pisses me off massively that Sky couldn't give a toss about anything outside of the Old Firm, and the Premiership by default, then steam in showing the play off final and f*ucking the fans around at the same time. I know it's probably technically classed as a Premiership game but it's really not. 

Edited by Charles Stiles

1 hour ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Raith have sold or taken the full allocation of circa 2500.

As of yesterday, Raith had sold more tickets than RC have.

There's a little over 200 tickets left in the home end judging by the ticket map so I'm sure it'll be a sellout.

Posted (edited)

Am I correct in thinking there's no PPV for the first leg? I would prefer to hand over the money to the clubs/SPFL, but it might have to be a Now TV job.

Edited by bunglebonce

The kick off time/TV slot will have been decided/scheduled before they knew County would be involved you'd imagine. Hence the mental time the second leg starts on Sunday.

I'd also imagine there wouldn't have been time to change the TV schedule for other live sport on the day at such short notice.  Sky 100% thought St Johnstone would be playing.

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The kick off time/TV slot will have been decided/scheduled before they knew County would be involved you'd imagine. Hence the mental time the second leg starts on Sunday.

I'd also imagine there wouldn't have been time to change the TV schedule for other live sport on the day at such short notice.  Sky 100% thought St Johnstone would be playing.

To be fair, Perth would still have been an absolute nightmare to get to with public transport (because it's so shit in this country) and there would still have been the same issue with booking buses.  People wouldn't have minded driving there so much though as it's a wee bit closer.

1 minute ago, AllanJM said:

To be fair, Perth would still have been an absolute nightmare to get to with public transport (because it's so shit in this country) and there would still have been the same issue with booking buses.  People wouldn't have minded driving there so much though as it's a wee bit closer.

Aye but it's still a lot closer and more convenient for Raith fans than Dingwall.  Although fair play if the away ticket numbers sold for Sunday are accurate.

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Just the 2 hours closer 😂

That's being extremely generous.  If you can do Perth to Dingwall in 2 hours you're probably the luckiest person who has ever lived.  Or you're setting off at 3am.

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

The problem with going into a different division is that you’ve got to learn who all the P&B roasters are for that division. 

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Pie and Bovril didn’t even exist the last we were in the Premier League so this could take some getting used if we do get promoted. 

18 hours ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

St. Johnstone fans giving it the big ‘I Am’ is as funny as it is mental.

Hopeful of any form of positive result on Thursday night for Rovers. A draw would do me just fine. Gives us a real cup tie opportunity on Sunday.

Getting to the final isn’t quite a ‘free hit’ but we’re definitely underdogs. I fully intend to enjoy both legs, regardless. Days like these don’t come around too often.

Big clubs like Dunfermline, Falkirk, and Partick will never emulate our achievements over the past decade.

We can be as big I am or as mental as we like, probably more mental.

Enjoy being under dogs.