Ross County [6] : [1] Raith Rovers

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Wouldn't say there was a massive gulf between the teams at all. I think some people don't understand what they're watching half the time.

Whereas you obviously do of course. 🤡

Just now, virginton said:

Whereas you obviously do of course. 🤡

I understand it well enough to put a bit of context into a play-off situation which leads tp specific tactical decisions.

Murray had little choice but to take a big gamble. That's the format, and it's kidded a lot of people into thinking there's some huge gap between County and Raith. There isn't.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

I understand it well enough to put a bit of context into a play-off situation which leads tp specific tactical decisions.

Murray had little choice but to take a big gamble. That's the format, and it's kidded a lot of people into thinking there's some huge gap between County and Raith. There isn't.

There really is.  Raith had to take a gamble because Ross County kept scoring against them.  Raith weren’t three goals down because they were gambling, they were gambling because they were three goals down. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I used to think he was shite.  He’s our best striker by a mile and far too good for the insufferable rubbish he’s had to play alongside for most of the season. 

Yep. Me too. He's a baller now. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

St Johnstone fans on here in particular scathing and delighted. Have you watched your shite anti footballing team this season? (yes I say this without hint of irony in being a Hibs supporter) Better team won but no bigger a gulf than St Mirren and say.....................St Johnstone.

You understand it's possible to support a shite team, and also notice other teams are even worse?

This season a Hibs fan calling St Johnstone shite is literally exactly like a St Johnstone fan calling Raith shite.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

There really is.  Raith had to take a gamble because Ross County kept scoring against them.  Raith weren’t three goals down because they were gambling, they were gambling because they were three goals down. 

And I think most observers would probably agree County were quite fortunate to be three ahead at that stage.

I couldn't really give a f**k, and I'm glad County stayed up as it's a good away trip.

But if you don't think that was a flattering scoreline, I think you've let yourself be kidded on.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Except that Murray and Raith have actually played pretty much the same way throughout the entire season. They just got away with it because the opposition weren't as clinical as top-flight opposition and then their strategy of swapping all 17 of their forwards eventually got them a late goal. They also played the same way in the opening half of the home leg under no such compulsion, got bodied and should have been dead and buried at that point. 

So no such unique tactical context involved at all then. 

Edited by vikingTON

6 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Gulf my arse. Raith were the better team up until the first goal. County had a match winner and scored their goals at the right time. St Johnstone fans on here in particular scathing and delighted. Have you watched your shite anti footballing team this season? (yes I say this without hint of irony in being a Hibs supporter) Better team won but no bigger a gulf than St Mirren and say.....................St Johnstone.

Overall, this is a success for the match-going Premiership fan. Getting rid of Livingston, replacing with Dundee United, and keeping Ross County is a successful season.

Not really many bad aways left in the Premiership, so I'd need to say St Johnstone and / or St Mirren relegated next season would do. Probably the two worst aways left.

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Wouldn't say there was a massive gulf between the teams at all. I think some people don't understand what they're watching half the time.

It finished 6-1 (six goals to one) mate. 

The gulf in quality was made abundantly clear over the course of the tie, with the scoreline reflecting that.

Raith arguably did match them for certain periods though, the last 15 minutes on Thursday and parts of the 1st half today.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You're telling me Raith got thrashed 6-1 due to unforseen unfortunate events outwith their control, such as conceding a goal, which led them to them having to play in a manner that led them to concede more goals? And therefore there's not much of a gap between the teams? Quite a strange line of thought mate.

What would the scoreline need to be for it to be a huge gap, if 6-1 isn't enough? 

9-1? 15-0?

Edited by Jives Miguel

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

You're telling me Raith got thrashed 6-1 due to unforseen unfortunate events outwith their control, such as conceding a goal, which led them to then concede more goals? And therefore there's not much of a gap between the teams? Quite a strange line of thought mate.

What would the scoreline need to be for it to be a huge gap, if 6-1 isn't enough? 

9-1? 15-0?

🤣

f**k me! Fizzing.

11 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

County played well early in the tie, but then they ar a better side from a higher level. You'd expect them to have periods of showing that.

Raith had spells when they made County look really poor, but didn't make the most of the big moments. That just happens in games sometimes. The second County goal today brought about a tactical change that left Rovers open, and from that point it was always likely to end up in a pasting, but they had no real option.

Ross County are the better side, but 6-1 over the tie flatters them and it could quite easily have been very different.

"6-1, but could quite easily have been very different"  . 

The concept of football appears to have evaded you.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

How’s the ‘natural order’ going, Ian? 

I wanted Raith to go up just for a bit of variety but it’s been quite amusing seeing them getting slapped about by County. 

I quite like having smaller teams like Accies and Raith Rovers in the league tbh as there’s not many sides in the league with a smaller budget than our own.