Broxburn Athletic FC

Job done tonight in the cup! Don't think we ever really got going, but Dalkeith dug in and tried to compete without ever really creating anything. Last 10 minutes, they just looked tired, left a few gaps and Broxburn picked them off from there.

4-0 was definitely harsh on Dalkeith on the night, but probably a reflection of the difference in levels between the sides.

Hopefully a nice comfortable home tie for next round... or a roadtrip!

3 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

Job done tonight in the cup! Don't think we ever really got going, but Dalkeith dug in and tried to compete without ever really creating anything. Last 10 minutes, they just looked tired, left a few gaps and Broxburn picked them off from there.

4-0 was definitely harsh on Dalkeith on the night, but probably a reflection of the difference in levels between the sides.

Hopefully a nice comfortable home tie for next round... or a roadtrip!

I had a feeling Dalkeith might tire toward the end but they played well. Errol put in a late show for the cameras and the consensus amongst the Edinburgh City and Caley Thistle fans I was with was that he wouldn't disgrace the Scottish League.

I captured the moment when you opened your wallet as well :P

razamatazz.thumb.jpg.5a795efeecc1102b8718f787271a9464.jpg

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I had a feeling Dalkeith might tire toward the end but they played well. Errol put in a late show for the cameras and the consensus amongst the Edinburgh City and Caley Thistle fans I was with was that he wouldn't disgrace the Scottish League.

I captured the moment when you opened your wallet as well :P

razamatazz.thumb.jpg.5a795efeecc1102b8718f787271a9464.jpg

Errol could definitely do a job a bit further up. I think a few injuries have held him back a bit.

But I gather he's very happy at Broxburn, we're very happy to have him, so hands aff!

No comment on the wallet...

Playing our friends Auchinleck again. Starting to feel like an annual thing this tie lol. At least a warm visit awaits, with a brilliant social club. Hopefully a decent ref and no repeat of that last scoreline there. 

4 minutes ago, albynpark said:

Playing our friends Auchinleck again. Starting to feel like an annual thing this tie lol. At least a warm visit awaits, with a brilliant social club. Hopefully a decent ref and no repeat of that last scoreline there. 

It's almost becoming predictable to draw them in some cup tournament these days!

Could be a decent choice for a live tv pick 😉

Just now, Jordi1977 said:

It's almost becoming predictable to draw them in some cup tournament these days!

Could be a decent choice for a live tv pick 😉

In isolation yes, but having been on TV in Round 1, I think EK v Bonnyrigg or HoB v Bo'ness Utd is more likely.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

In isolation yes, but having been on TV in Round 1, I think EK v Bonnyrigg or HoB v Bo'ness Utd is more likely.

Unfortunately I very much realise that's us probably out that equation for a few years unless we ever get far enough for a tie with one of the Ugly Sisters and Premier Sports (or whatever they are now called) can't say no!

Have a feeling Sauchie v Buckie might get looked at... unless it's a Friday night again (not sure of the schedule for this round).