West of Scotland AGM

Just now, Stag Nation said:

So, no-one else to blame.

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just telling you what the rule is, how it was arrived at, and how it must be applied until such times as it is changed by agreement of the member clubs.

The opportunity for Clydebank to go up the Leauges is totally in their own hands  . 

It's nobodies fault but their own that they haven't been good enough to win the league and that they fucked it 😆

27 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

The opportunity for Clydebank to go up the Leauges is totally in their own hands  . 

It's nobodies fault but their own that they haven't been good enough to win the league and that they fucked it 😆

It would help if clubs prioritised licensing rather than collecting tinpot trophies and going nowhere.

27 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Tired Good Night GIF

7 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

It would help if clubs prioritised licensing rather than collecting tinpot trophies and going nowhere.

Out of interest what trophies do you consider tinpot?

58 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Sounds like you think the league is a tinpot trophy here. Fair enough, but it is a dreadful look for the Clydebank fanbase that a considerable number of you have little or no regard for the level you're playing at while probably being trapped in the WOSL for the time being at least (by trapped I mean not good enough to win promotion). The whole licencing thing isn't ideal but a lot of you come across as very entitled on this topic. Also, chucking the toys because teams vote against your club's interests (or in their own interests to put a less Bankicentric perspective on it) is laughable stuff as well. The best way to get what you want here is on the pitch and with less of a chip on your shoulder about the politics of it all. 

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Sounds like you think the league is a tinpot trophy here. Fair enough, but it is a dreadful look for the Clydebank fanbase that a considerable number of you have little or no regard for the level you're playing at while probably being trapped in the WOSL for the time being at least (by trapped I mean not good enough to win promotion). The whole licencing thing isn't ideal but a lot of you come across as very entitled on this topic. Also, chucking the toys because teams vote against your club's interests (or in their own interests to put a less Bankicentric perspective on it) is laughable stuff as well. The best way to get what you want here is on the pitch and with less of a chip on your shoulder about the politics of it all. 

The league was supposed to be a brave new dawn.It’s anything but.

Same old Junior mentality.

14 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

The league was supposed to be a brave new dawn.It’s anything but.

Same old Junior mentality.

Win the league and get  out of the same old junior mentality then. 

It must be a bugger to not even be good enough to win the ' West super premier division junior mentality league ' 😆

1 minute ago, Eadie is God said:

Happy to stay in shite football mentality.

Have said umpteen times that I want to see Talbot progress as far as possible but I'm respectful of the level we currently find ourselves at. It's all straightforward stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Have said umpteen times that I want to see Talbot progress as far as possible but I'm respectful of the level we currently find ourselves at. It's all straightforward stuff. 

But happy to have your fixtures mangled by the Junior Cup.

Really progressive.

Had typed out a big long reply, but basically, see if its a return to the sjfa, could folks just be open about it so clubs can make their own decisions about their clubs? I mean it feels like basically most clubs want back to those days and see to be honest if they do then fine, i actually get why many have no interest in the pyramid system. There needs to be compromise on the sjfa cup especially with the fixture pile up, playing a couple rounds earlier would make it so much easier for all involved and avoid a pile up… 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Think that the midweek games should be played by clubs competing in the sjfa cup, the big scottish doesnt actually interfere too much because there arent many of the teams at our level left in jan/feb when the call offs impact massively. 

We left the sjfa, at a time when members within it with influence were plotting to try and have us thrown out of the league we played in, that in itself means i have absolutely no interest in being part of or being empathetic towards anything sjfa related. The wosl was meant to be a step away from the sjfa stuff with clubs being allowed to stay in the optional junior cup, but what we now have is people desperate to turn the wosl back into the west juniors. With the ‘junior cup takes priority f**k the fixture pile up’ mentality taking precedence. There doesnt seem to be any attempt to compromise, ie playing some sjfa cup rounds earlier at the start of the season to avoid a pile up of fixtures?

Quite honestly as well after watching the prospective nomination for chair of the wosl on that podcast im absolutely bewildered as to what he can do better and surely cant be the only one wondering how someone who resigned a position at a club to take over the chair position of the sjfa can somehow be elected to the head of the wosl? can anyone actually say they think this guy is going to take the wosl to the next level? 

You then have a conflict of interest if he is elected. To be perfectly honest id just much rather folk were open about these wee back room plots just so we could all get an idea of where they want to see this league go over the next ten years, if its a full on return to the juniors fine, but gonna just let us all know what the plan is so we can do whats right for our clubs respectively. 

I have no insight or knowledge about background shenanigans but I don't doubt it could do with as much transparency as possible to asage those who don't trust the personnel making the calls. You can be respectful of the game at our level - the actual football - without having time for those who run things though.

Decrying everything at T6 as tinpot is nuts for fans of a team who seem to have found their level at T6. I often get the feeling that a lot of your fans don't really like the fitba they pay to watch and it's just the angst that sustains them!

RE The Junior Cup - I agree with everything you say. It has never been an either/ or situation with the tournament but a matter of poor management of scheduling. It is effectively a "guest" tournament in the new set up and should accommodate the needs teams beyond those competing in it. How far that should actually go in practice is another matter I suppose. 

23 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I have no insight or knowledge about background shenanigans but I don't doubt it could do with as much transparency as possible to asage those who don't trust the personnel making the calls. You can be respectful of the game at our level - the actual football - without having time for those who run things though.

Tbf thats a two way street and one im happy to join people on. 

Decrying everything at T6 as tinpot is nuts for fans of a team who seem to have found their level at T6. I often get the feeling that a lot of your fans don't really like the fitba they pay to watch and it's just the angst that sustains them!

its not tin pot, people just want different things for their clubs. Ive always said if people want to go back to the way things were or whatever then fine, but there just needs to be transparency about it instead of creeping coups. I love the football we play (besides February) and think had it not been for that spell we’d have gone up, but it wasnt to be, we’ll struggle next year to be dominant because we cant match the financial might of other clubs coming in. 

RE The Junior Cup - I agree with everything you say. It has never been an either/ or situation with the tournament but a matter of poor management of scheduling. It is effectively a "guest" tournament in the new set up and should accommodate the needs teams beyond those competing in it. How far that should actually go in practice is another matter I suppose. 

Just needs a compromise, if they play a round in late july and one mid august with competing clubs playing one extra midweek game then it would lead to far less madness in april/may.