Gibraltar Vs Scotland 3rd June 2024, Euros warm up

5 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

If you don't like it then don't bother posting on here?

To be honest you bring the wrong kind of attention on yourself by a lot of your crazy rants and weird Oscar Wilde quotes. No surprise you were banned off of TAMB 'GilmourFan' for derailing threads

Get a grip of yourself! Just because you don't like other people's opinions.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think San Marino went over 2 years without scoring a few years ago, which you’d expect is more than that. 

Had a check and yeah, they went 20 without a goal 2008-2011. They also went 16 without a goal 2017-2018. 

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

The shitiest try hard troll these boards have ever seen.

🎶 And it's the rooooad less travelled, less travelled off Peeeee and B.

The shitest try hard troll, the world has ever seen 🎶

Altogether now ! 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Lawrence Shankland.

Not Laurence. Not Shanklin.

Euros, Not Euro's. Not EURO'S.

Thank f**k, especially for the bolded bit. I thought it was just me. Has been driving me mad for a while.

Although - to my shame - I can't decide whether we're correct or not.

"Euro's" could be a valid contraction of "European Championships", but it just looks wrong (like Scott McTominay in defence).

Going to have to swallow my pride and ask P&B grammar experts (expert's 😉) for their (there, they're) take on this one.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Well, Ryan Jack is a central midfielder and Conway is a centre forward.  So there’s that.  But quite clearly there’s going to be another striker called up.  Only Adams on the bench offered anything in that regard. 

You’re going to be amazed when you find out you can call up people in different positions. 

37 minutes ago, SH Panda said:

The BBC liked a nice negative headline, wonder if England would have got the same treatment if they hadnt scored two late goals.

I noticed that! I missed the first half as I had a hospital appointment and so was looking at the BBC for updates. It’s was so negative, going on about how we were toiling and looking poor, laying it on quite thick I mean, even worse than this place.

I saw the second half and it wasn’t nearly as bad a was being made out.

5 hours ago, allyo said:

Does no one else think this was just a pretty minor practice match that Scotland took care of and its not really worth getting too worked up about?

Yep. So much so that I didn’t watch (that and the terrible timing of the game). A laboured victory was an entirely predictable outcome here. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

And it completely contradicts his argument that this was "just a training kick about".

Quite disappointing when posters hoist themselves by their own petard (repeatedly). Maybe why they have several aliases to fall back on.

I was being tongue in cheek with respect to Shankland. He's fine, just not a silver bullet.

Yesterdays game was about fitness. That was the primary purpose of the game, that's not up for debate. Minutes in the legs and that's how it played out. Of the players available those who hadn't played much recently (Porteous, McCrorie, Cooper, Jack, Hanley & Adams) got on which is positive. 

I'm not negative about the performance. I accept it for what it was: a bounce game. Did I learn anything from it? not particularly. Was it exciting? not particularly. It was a warmup game. Similar to pre-season games where people start reading too much into. It reminded me of the Luxembourg game before Euro 2020.

Edited by 2426255

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ogoftheskye said:

Which is good, and a clean sheet. And I'm not being facetious. It was more a comment on how Scotland fans seem to imagine the German team imagining us, and I don't think its relevant or helpful.

I was a bit. 😁 I agree with what you said about Germany. I don't know if the comments are worse when we're losing or winning. Anyways, thank god we're over that winless run eh? Confidence is back flowing freely again and the boys are back on form. Superb, roll on Friday.

Edited by 2426255

5 hours ago, allyo said:

Does no one else think this was just a pretty minor practice match that Scotland took care of and its not really worth getting too worked up about?

I would normally have said that if it was off the back of decent performances and results, but it wasn't.

I do think it was a good run out for some of the players, but for the likes of Shankland, I am not sure if that would have done his confidence much good, conversely, it probably help Che Adams to get that goal.