Gibraltar Vs Scotland 3rd June 2024, Euros warm up

5 hours ago, allyo said:

Does no one else think this was just a pretty minor practice match that Scotland took care of and it’s not really worth getting too worked up about?

Yes. I suspect that the players struggle with friendlies a bit, we never do really well in them and I think they seem to need the edge that comes with the competitive games.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

I would normally have said that if it was off the back of decent performances and results, but it wasn't.

I do think it was a good run out for some of the players, but for the likes of Shankland, I am not sure if that would have done his confidence much good, conversely, it probably help Che Adams to get that goal.

I don't think his confidence will be affected. I don't know where that particular idea comes from. Sometimes I wonder if it might be because fans begin to lose confidence in the player and transfer their feelings onto the player. He's missed chances his whole career and still scored. He's missed loads of chances for Hearts this season and still scored well in the Premiership.

I hope within the camp it's not a touchy subject and he received some banter his way for the miss against Holland rather than the squad walking on eggshells about it because I think this is a subject that would be more healthy to get out in the open, so you can move past it or preferably it's just not an issue within the camp so it's not discussed, bothered about and is treated in the same vein as a corner that hits the wall or a foul throw. 

Edited by 2426255

7 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

They gave Shanland an assist for Christie's goal lolol.
He was trying to get out the way and the ball hit him.

I noticed that on Livescore last night. 🤣

He did well, but was playing against policemen and joiners.  I'd start him against Finland too and see how he gets on.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Just noticed on the highlights the timber that Shankland is carrying on his belly. Has he put that on in the last 2 weeks?

I mind seeing him at the Moff game in pre season at Dam Park and he looked in excellent shape, football strips can be unkind at times but yeah he doesn’t look great right now.

15 hours ago, Binos said:

It's ralston 

Maybe - possibly comes into the 'never let Scotland down' category, a bit like O'Donnell going into the last Euros.

For what it's worth, I didn't think McCrorie did himself any harm last night. Certainly worth another look v the Finns, but if he does intend to start Ralston, then you'd think he would get at least an hour in that one.

On 03/06/2024 at 18:59, oneteaminglasgow said:

Germany wouldn't be fearing us if we'd stuck 20 past Gibraltar either.

So, a team that takes their chances is just as useless as a team that doesn't?

But aye, it would help if we hadn't folded against all those big teams as well.

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Just noticed on the highlights the timber that Shankland is carrying on his belly. Has he put that on in the last 2 weeks?

Didn't notice it myself. Were you in front of a mirror by any chance?

32 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

So, a team that takes their chances is just as useless as a team that doesn't?

The point is that there isn’t a result in the fucking world against Gibraltar that would’ve had the four time world champions fearful of us. It won’t have taught them anything they didn’t already know about us. 

17 hours ago, Stylish Kid said:

I thought that McRorie did well. That's about the only positive I can take from yesterday.

17 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He did well, but was playing against policemen and joiners.  I'd start him against Finland too and see how he gets on.

Really? Highlights again the different game you see in person to on tv. I thought McCrorie was very poor. He tried, but he lacked confidence, turned back a lot and his first touch on longer hit passes usually meant his 2nd touch was a tackle. He was also caught out of position for their one (trundling) shot. 

I saw nothing to suggest its not Ralston's spot to lose in Germany. In fact I'm almost persuading myself it might be worth trying Tierney over there again. We have other centre backs......

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Really? Highlights again the different game you see in person to on tv. I thought McCrorie was very poor. He tried, but he lacked confidence, turned back a lot and his first touch on longer hit passes usually meant his 2nd touch was a tackle. He was also caught out of position for their one (trundling) shot. 

I saw nothing to suggest its not Ralston's spot to lose in Germany. In fact I'm almost persuading myself it might be worth trying Tierney over there again. We have other centre backs......

Though a few beers deep, that’s how I saw it as well. I maybe wouldn’t go as far to say he was very poor, but I definitely wouldn’t have said he played very well. 

It’s a no from me regarding Tierney though. 

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah so I probably went in with low expectations, but I thought he looked pacy and got into good positions. I felt the bigger issue was that his team mates when attacking naturally went down the obviously-strong left flank. 

I missed the shot bit on TV. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

Apparently the players were "spooked" due to the Dykes injury? Against Gibraltar in a warm-up match? Seems to be his way of saying, yeah, we were a bit shite. 

It was an interesting and fair take. A SC says, they're only human. Reminded me a bit about how the Brazilian team got themselves into an incredible funk about Neymar, taking his shirt onto the pitch like he'd died and ultimately losing their heads and being fortunate to only lose 7-1