Murdo MacLeod and several other people with connections to Hibs were on the panel that rejected Scotland's application.  Coincidentally shortly before that, Scotland scored the equaliser when we beat Hibs in a Scottish Cup semi-final where Hibs had been heavy favourites.

ETA: I'm pretty sure I read an interview with Scotland either right before or after Accies hilariously put Hibs down in the 2014 play-offs. He was still pretty sore about it and was using it as added motivation for those two games.

Edited by captainkev

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You can't polish a turd. IMO.

By my reckoning, that luxuriant lawn makes Dens the 5th best playing surface in the vicinity now:

1) Tannadice

2) Gussie

3) The Calforth Signature Garden (as it appears to be called)

4) The patch of grass behind the Shed (footpath, shit bin & all)

5) Dens

Edited by Junior_Arab

3 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

By my reckoning, that luxuriant lawn makes Dens the 5th best playing surface in the vicinity now:

1) Tannadice

2) Gussie

3) The Calforth Signature Garden (as it appears to be called)

4) The patch of grass behind the Shed (footpath, shit bin & all)

5) Dens

Arguably better than some of the vegetable plots in the allotments though so that's progress at least.

15 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Anyone know when the players are back in for training?

I'm stuck between 3 answers here.

I have 1) "No" (which is not helpful)

2) Actually Googling it and seeing if I can get the date and pass it on to you (very helpful)

or 3) "Jim Goodwin" (which is total arseholey, but would make me laugh, and is technically true)

I ended up going with option 2.  Nothing out there but I assume it will be Monday 17 June

20 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Which is why nobody has painted Dens in 50 years

That is actually very funny, 10/10 for laughs :)

I watched that Tannadice '87 bbc alba documentary the other night.

Fair enjoyed it. As someone who was 6 years old then, it passed me by but I was aware of stories about Jim McLean being a tyrant etc. The players interviewed in the programme still seemed to cherish the memories.

Must've been amazing to have been a fan in that era when the bigot brothers weren't so dominant.

Edited by Pizzo

1 hour ago, Pizzo said:

Fair enjoyed it. As someone who was 6 years old then, it passed me by but I was aware of stories about Jim McLean being a tyrant etc. The players interviewed in the programme still seemed to cherish the memories.

Must've been amazing to have been a fan in that era when the bigot brothers weren't so dominant.

It was.

Watch this 

5 hours ago, Pizzo said:

But when you look at the mental health of most Dees over 40 you have to ask, at what cost?