Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ v ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Finland

Posted (edited)

We're superb at manufacturing wide attacking opportunities. 36 crosses, 8 successful, 2 goals. We struggled with counter-attacks and for all our good play we were turning the ball over a bit cheaply, probably too often.ย ย 

Tactically, I think we were quite open, but the game wasn't about that. More about offering an open and attacking spectacle, but had the effect of not allowing you to relax at any point as a fan. So a mixed performance for me, but the fact it wasn't competitive played into many aspects of the game imo.

To be fair I thought Finland were decent at evading our press and counter-press and turning the ball over. So overall not bad, 6/10 - some good, some bad.

How was the crowd? a few empty seat? and disappointment at the end? I thought the send off element was quite low key.

Edited by 2426255

16 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Itโ€™s been like this for about the last 10 games.ย 

Been most bizarre build up to tournament ever

From my youth...I remember we would play maybe 2 warm up friendliesย 

Feels like we've played 10,ย  which has sucked the life out of us

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Youโ€™re waffling complete shite. Your original statement was that Callum McGregor would โ€˜walk intoโ€™ the England team. When was the last player based in Scotland to even get in an England squad? Butland has had an excellent season at Rangers and canโ€™t even get in the squad, never mind the starting 11, despite goalkeeper being probably Englandโ€™s weakest position. Matt Oโ€™Riley has been Celticโ€™s best midfielder this season and canโ€™t even get in the fucking Denmark squad.ย 

The fact you think Southgate would pick a Celtic midfielder in his starting 11 is worthy of scorn, frankly. Itโ€™s difficult to discuss football with people who are so utterly clueless.

There is a few choice people here who are seemingly affronted to know that others may have opinions that differ from theirs.

Content in the knowledge that they are keyboard warriors who need an audience to look hard. They would shrink if you were face to face with them.

You don't know the reason why England (or other nations) don't pick Scottish based players? Really? Have you never heard of snobbery?

There were Scotland fans resistant to name check Morgan or Gauld because they're in the MLS (Whilst being cool about Saudi based Hendry being called up. Find the logic)

Former Danish players and the media have called for the Danish manager to be fired for overlooking O'Riley.

Hell, even nice guy Gareth thinks that the Arsenal 2nd choice keeper is getting more of a test on the bench than Butland gets in the SPL.

Let's say that Gilmour and Robertson move to the SPL tomorrow. Do you honestly think they'd suddenly turn to crap?

If you think so, fine. That's your opinion and I'm not going to mock your opinion.

People like you have an inferiority complex. I, however, am not afflicted with same.

Oh. Robertson and Gilmour could also walk into the England first XI. It's not because they're in the mighty EPL, It's because they're better than Shaw, Mainoo, Wharton and Gallagher.

If you think that's controversial then I think you should pay attention:

Mainoo and Wharton have a total of 39 EPL games under their belt. No one knew who either of them were this time last year.

If you honestly think they're better than one of Scotland's best midfielders of current times, good for you. I respectfully disagree.

If you disagree. Cool. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't really have to convince you.

Show a modicum of respect, though. Rudeness may get you attention but manners win respect.ย  :)

Odd bunch. I'm actually talking up Scottish players and Scottish football (whilst dissing England in the process) but some people here don't appear to like that.

Interesting...

(Don't bother replying, I'm not going to waste anymore time defending an opinion.)

ย 

Edited by SlayerX

2 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I know there was a period recently when we were keeping clean sheets but it amazes me that Northern Ireland, against us , and Iceland last night can keep clean sheets as if it was second nature

If Hanley plays next week it will be a massive gamble

Icelandโ€™s clean sheet wasnโ€™t second nature. England were awful but they missed some great chances.

More positively, Iceland also missed an open goal. England are dreadful at the back.

7 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

McGinn was dreadful in the first half

Really couldn't disagree more with this, I thought he had a really good first half linking with Tierney and Robertson on that side. Most of what we created came through them. I thought he started to ease off in the second half though.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Really couldn't disagree more with this, I thought he had a really good first half linking with Tierney and Robertson on that side. Most of what we created came through them. I thought he started to ease off in the second half though.

I thought he gave the ball away far too often and picked the wrong option in the final third every time.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

I thought he gave the ball away far too often and picked the wrong option in the final third every time.

This.

He was incredibly sloppy and sluggish in both friendlies. He still got one assist, though. Just shows his class.

It's understandable, though. He's been virtually an ever present for Villa in the leagues, cups and in Europe.

Giving him 180 minutes in the two matches was not wise.

But shhhh! Having your own mind and being able to use it is frowned upon here.ย 

Agree with everyone else and be a brainless villager or voice your own opinion and be shouted down and be pilled on.

I'll take the second choice. Easily.

ย 

ย 

Edited by SlayerX

52 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

There is a few choice people here who are seemingly affronted to know that others may have opinions that differ from theirs.

You don't know the reason why England (or other nations) don't pick Scottish based players? Really? Have you never heard of snobbery?

There were Scotland fans resistant to name check Morgan or Gauld because they're in the MLS (Whilst being cool about Saudi based Hendry being called up. Find the logic)

Former Danish players and the media have called for the Danish manager to be fired for overlooking O'Riley.

Hell, even nice guy Gareth thinks that the Arsenal 2nd choice keeper is getting more of a test on the bench than Butland gets in the SPL.

Let's say that Gilmour and Robertson move to the SPL tomorrow. Do you honestly think they'd suddenly turn to crap?

If you think so, fine. That's your opinion and I'm not going to mock your opinion.

People like you have an inferiority complex. I, however, am not afflicted with same.

Oh. Robertson and Gilmour could also walk into the England first XI. It's not because they're in the mighty EPL, It's because they're better than Shaw, Mainoo, Wharton and Gallagher.

Mainoo and Wharton have a total of 39 EPP games under their belt. No one knew who either of them were this time last year.

If you honestly think they're better than one of Scotland's best midfielders of current times, good for you. I respectfully disagree.

If you disagree. Cool. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't really have to convince you.

show a modicum of respect, though. :)

Odd bunch. I'm actually talking up Scottish players and Scottish football (whilst dissing England in the process) but some people here don't appear to like that.

Interesting...

(Don't bother replying, I'm not going to waste anymore time defending an opinion.)

ย 

You really are the village idiot on here, namaste.ย 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SlayerX said:

Content in the knowledge that they are keyboard warriors who need an audience to look hard. They would shrink if you were face to face with them.

Mainoo and Wharton have a total of 39 EPL games under their belt. No one knew who either of them were this time last year.

Show a modicum of respect, though. Rudeness may get you attention but manners win respect.ย  :)

Interesting...

ย 

They'd love it in the SPL. Rubbing shoulders with Neymar and Ronaldo.

Edited by the snudge

At the end of the day:

Two goals, a point (it was a joke, Mr Villager, Sir) and no new injuries that we know of.

Upwards and onwards.

Some clown and Negative Norman will still find something to moan about, though. Like Gordon being given a send off or McTominay not getting on or the grass being 1mm too long.

They will find a way. Oh yes.

8 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

At the end of the day:

Two goals, a point (it was a joke, Mr Villager, Sir) and no new injuries that we know of.

Upwards and onwards.

Some clown and Negative Norman will still find something to moan about, though. Like Gordon being given a send off or McTominay not getting on or the grass being 1mm too long.

They will find a way. Oh yes.

The only disappointment was not seeing a false 9 and not getting the three points

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

That's why it's better off not to.

P.S.: why do you have a photo of Steven Naismith as your pic?

Eh thatโ€™s not Steven Naismithโ€ฆ

2 hours ago, Binos said:

Been most bizarre build up to tournament ever

From my youth...I remember we would play maybe 2 warm up friendliesย 

Feels like we've played 10,ย  which has sucked the life out of us

Weโ€™ve played so many friendlies because we absolutely stormed the qualifying and were mathematically through with two games to spare.

ย 

Not only did they turn the Norway and Georgia games into extra friendlies but it meant we didnโ€™t have to play in the playoffs.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/why-is-callum-mcgregor-so-underappreciated-for-celtic-and-scotland-3279905

Pretty much sums it up for me.

He'll probably only be really appreciated when he's retired. Thankfully he's only 30 so it won't be for a while.

And no, I'm not a Celtic fan. Just someone who can spot quality when he sees it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/callum-mcgregor-rated-real-madrid-29606141

The aforementioned O'Riley ranking McGregor with Kroos and Modric. But yeah, what does he know.

He'll only be in La Liga of the EPL in a season or two.

Some Scottish people are embarrassed to big up and compliment their own players. Meanwhile, our friends down south are World Champions at it.

With with due respect, a lot of people here should stop. Fall silent. And listen.

It's the only way you'll learn. :)

I won't hold my breath, though. Teaching a stupid and ignorant person to learn is akin to trying to teach a duck how to play Chess.

8 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/why-is-callum-mcgregor-so-underappreciated-for-celtic-and-scotland-3279905

Pretty much sums it up for me.

He'll probably only be really appreciated when he's retired. Thankfully he's only 30 so it won't be for a while.

And no, I'm not a Celtic fan. Just someone who can spot quality when he sees it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/callum-mcgregor-rated-real-madrid-29606141

The aforementioned O'Riley ranking McGregor with Kroos and Modric. But yeah, what does he know.

He'll only be in La Liga of the EPL in a season or two.

Some Scottish people are embarrassed to big up and compliment their own players. Meanwhile, our friends down south are World Champions at it.

With with due respect, a lot of people here should stop. Fall silent. And listen.

It's the only way you'll learn. :)

I won't hold my breath, though. Teaching a stupid and ignorant person to learn is akin to trying to teach a duck how to play Chess.

I like McGregor, he's a good player but once again you have let your mind run away with you and waffling more pish. If he's as good as Kroos and Modric then why hasn't someone like a Real Madrid signed him?ย 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I thought McGinn was good too. He didn't do anything flashy, but his hold up and link gave Tierney and Robertson someone to play off high up the pitch. The Finland defenders couldn't get the ball off him.

I also agree that his impact waned as the game went on.

3 hours ago, SlayerX said:

ย 

ย 

I totally agree.

ย 

In your case itโ€™s not a complex, youโ€™re actually inferior.

ย