Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ v ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Finland

On 09/06/2024 at 16:45, RandomGuy. said:

I think the complete opposite, tbh. Part of the collapse late on seemed to come from Conway (then Morgan) pressing wildly rather than intelligently. Finland found it easier to build attacks from the back.

I sort of agree with this, although haven't watched the game back. I don't blame either Conway or Morgan for that. Neither had much time (or any time in Morgan's case) to work with the team. There's always going to be that element of learning on the job under those circumstances and it demonstrates to me why it's important to have guys that are well used to playing in the system and not a rotating door of 'form' players. It takes time for players to get up to speed in that sense and build relationships etc.ย ย 

On 08/06/2024 at 16:37, SlayerX said:

There is a few choice people here who are seemingly affronted to know that others may have opinions that differ from theirs.

Content in the knowledge that they are keyboard warriors who need an audience to look hard. They would shrink if you were face to face with them.

You don't know the reason why England (or other nations) don't pick Scottish based players? Really? Have you never heard of snobbery?

There were Scotland fans resistant to name check Morgan or Gauld because they're in the MLS (Whilst being cool about Saudi based Hendry being called up. Find the logic)

Former Danish players and the media have called for the Danish manager to be fired for overlooking O'Riley.

Hell, even nice guy Gareth thinks that the Arsenal 2nd choice keeper is getting more of a test on the bench than Butland gets in the SPL.

Let's say that Gilmour and Robertson move to the SPL tomorrow. Do you honestly think they'd suddenly turn to crap?

If you think so, fine. That's your opinion and I'm not going to mock your opinion.

People like you have an inferiority complex. I, however, am not afflicted with same.

Oh. Robertson and Gilmour could also walk into the England first XI. It's not because they're in the mighty EPL, It's because they're better than Shaw, Mainoo, Wharton and Gallagher.

If you think that's controversial then I think you should pay attention:

Mainoo and Wharton have a total of 39 EPL games under their belt. No one knew who either of them were this time last year.

If you honestly think they're better than one of Scotland's best midfielders of current times, good for you. I respectfully disagree.

If you disagree. Cool. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I don't really have to convince you.

Show a modicum of respect, though. Rudeness may get you attention but manners win respect.ย  :)

Odd bunch. I'm actually talking up Scottish players and Scottish football (whilst dissing England in the process) but some people here don't appear to like that.

Interesting...

(Don't bother replying, I'm not going to waste anymore time defending an opinion.)

ย 

McGregor was fucking terrible tonight btw. Scotlandโ€™s incredible midfield who could barely keep the ball against the Germans. England would be expecting to beat that mob tonight.