Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇫🇮 Finland

51 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Gordon, Armstrong, McTominay, Conway and Morgan surely to feature off the bench. 

Not sure about Stuart Armstrong. Clarke said he will return to team training on Monday and will hopefully be in a position to potentially play against Germany, but probably only from the bench. Obviously he will be on the plane to Germany though as we already probably all know.

With Stuart, he’s in the very last stage of his rehab. We expect he’ll get the all-clear to start training on Monday when we’re in Germany. If everything goes according to plan, and with the final checks from the medics, Stuart should be available for the Germany game as well, albeit probably not to start.

Steve Clarke

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24371885.scotland-manager-prospect-scott-mctominay-facing-germany/

54 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Apparently the team from the open training session was:

Gunn

Hendry-Hanley-Tierney

Ralston-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson

Christie-Adams-McGinn

Gordon, Armstrong, McTominay, Conway and Morgan surely to feature off the bench. 

This is the team I'd expect to start against Germany but with McTominay in for Gilmour. Would Clarke give away his team in an open training session though?

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Apparently the team from the open training session was:

Gunn

Hendry-Hanley-Tierney

Ralston-Gilmour-McGregor-Robertson

Christie-Adams-McGinn

Morgan definitely isn't playing according to Clarke 

All I want from this match is to finish it with no fresh injuries. A win, goal(s) and a clean sheet would be nice, but not a requisite.

Wrap McGinn, Gilmour and McTominay in cotton wool. Give them about 30 mine each, max.

On 05/06/2024 at 09:20, JS_FFC said:

T

He did make an ultimately fatal error against the Czech Republic at the last euros when he played that role by shooting from miles out and his shot was blocked right into the path of Patrik Schick who spotted Marshall off his line and lobbed him from the halfway line, 

To this day, I find the notion that Hendry was in any way, shape or form responsible for that freak goal, utterly hilarious.

To call taking a shot at goal "a fatal error" is taking that already ridiculous notion to a whole new level. 🤣

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To this day, I find the notion that Hendry was in any way, shape or form responsible for that freak goal, utterly hilarious.

To call taking a shot at goal "a fatal error" is taking that already ridiculous notion to a whole new level. 🤣

Let’s roll the tapes on that.

1:57 mark on here.

Hendry can either:

(A) Give the unmarked Stephen O’Donnell a ball to run on to on the right wing.

(B) Play a through ball to McTominay, taking some Czech players out of commission and giving us a 5-on-4 opportunity.

Or (C) Take an aimless pot shot that was clearly going to be blocked and giving the Czechs a chance to counter attack with numbers against a keeper who was miles off his line.

Marshall gets the lions share of the blame but let’s not pretend Hendry wasn’t a big part of the responsibility for how we managed to get from from the favourable position at 1:57 to conceding a goal 7 seconds later.

I'd be interested to see Ralston start this game personally. Also Stuart Armstrong, but the latter isn't probably isn't going to happen. Aside from that not really overly bothered. Conway maybe, but the main thing I'm hoping is it goes our way and everyone involved from the team to the fans at the stadium have a great evening there.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Hendry can either:

(B) Play a through ball to McTominay, taking some Czech players out of commission and giving us a 5-on-4 opportunity.

Or (C) Take an aimless pot shot that was clearly going to be blocked and giving the Czechs a chance to counter attack with numbers against a keeper who was miles off his line.

Marshall gets the lions share of the blame but let’s not pretend Hendry wasn’t a big part of the responsibility for how we managed to get from from the favourable position at 1:57 to conceding a goal 7 seconds later.

All of the above incorrectly assumes I don’t know what happened. I remember just fine what happened. 

Taking a shot at goal, at the other end of this pitch, is never a “fatal error”. No matter what freak chain of events happens afterwards. 

It’s ok for us to disagree mate. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

All of the above incorrectly assumes I don’t know what happened. I remember just fine what happened. 

Taking a shot at goal, at the other end of this pitch, is never a “fatal error”. No matter what freak chain of events happens afterwards. 

Maybe a “fatal error” was slightly hyperbolic language but it’s absolute a fact that Hendry was significantly at fault for that goal. Less so than Marshall (although some would disagree with that) but more so than any of our other players. The other small amount of blame goes to Hanley for giving Schick a load of space but that’s perhaps slightly unfair as he’s not beating him in a foot race.

Hendry scored a similar goal against Netherlands in a pre tournament friendly so I think he was a bit overconfident from that.

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Hendry can either:

Hendry had just hit the bar from the edge of the box about 5 minutes earlier, and scored from 30 yards against the Netherlands in one of the pre-tournament friendlies.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Hendry had just hit the bar from the edge of the box about 5 minutes earlier, and scored from 30 yards against the Netherlands in one of the pre-tournament friendlies.

It's just outcome based. No doubt many fans were wanting him to take a shot or would be rolling their eyes if he had played a sideways pass. I think goals like that you have to say fair play to the attacker rather than pick away at everything else.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Had Henry not just scored from a similar position in a friendly against the Netherlands as well. 

33 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Free ticket for tonight's game in the north stand if anyone wants it? Must have the app obviously so I can transfer tickets

Still going? 👋

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes, but apparently he was still shamefully at fault for daring to have a shot at goal. 

it's "okay to disagree" but I'll keep taking pot shots and snipes at the other (equally reasonable) assertion.....

ETA if only Hendry had done so with the same conviction

Edited by Pocketman
a "funny" came to me immediately after posting.