Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇫🇮 Finland

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes, but apparently he was still shamefully at fault for daring to have a shot at goal. 

He was well out of position when he hit the shot and as a central defender his first duty was to be aware that he'd left a 2 v 2 behind him. That's a dangerous situation and the most important thing for him was not to give the ball away. Which he did.

Exactly how he gave the ball away is less important, but his chances of scoring that can't have been more than about 2%, so he was likely just giving the ball away anyway. 

No new injuries and improved team cohesion from the Gibraltar game are the main things from the game.

A win is useful but arguably not as important as the my 1st 2 points tbh.

However Finland aren't the team that they were and the national sport of Scandinavia is skiing and playing in black and melodic death metal bands so it'll be a Scottish win anyways I'd wager.

1 hour ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Yeah no doubt as they must be pushing 50 now.

I may be nearly 50 Lynne bu...

Av pierced me foot on a spaaeek.

24 minutes ago, come on shire said:

No new injuries and improved team cohesion from the Gibraltar game are the main things from the game.

A win is useful but arguably not as important as the my 1st 2 points tbh.

However Finland aren't the team that they were and the national sport of Scandinavia is skiing and playing in black and melodic death metal bands so it'll be a Scottish win anyways I'd wager.

Quite surprised by their squad when I looked into it.  Two players from Exeter City?

Seems like they've got a fair few experienced players out through injury and in some sort of rebuilding phase.  Getting beaten 4-1 by Wales is possibly a sign of where they currently are.

2 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Let’s roll the tapes on that.

1:57 mark on here.

Hendry can either:

(A) Give the unmarked Stephen O’Donnell a ball to run on to on the right wing.

(B) Play a through ball to McTominay, taking some Czech players out of commission and giving us a 5-on-4 opportunity.

Or (C) Take an aimless pot shot that was clearly going to be blocked and giving the Czechs a chance to counter attack with numbers against a keeper who was miles off his line.

Marshall gets the lions share of the blame but let’s not pretend Hendry wasn’t a big part of the responsibility for how we managed to get from from the favourable position at 1:57 to conceding a goal 7 seconds later.

Important thing to remember was that we were temporarily down to 10 men with an injury iirc, so taking unnecessary risks made even less sense 

Just now, MarkoRaj said:

Important thing to remember was that we were temporarily down to 10 men with an injury iirc, so taking unnecessary risks made even less sense 

I didn’t realise that.

1 minute ago, JS_FFC said:

I didn’t realise that.

It was Hanley. He was allowed to re-enter the pitch and you can see him sprinting across from the touchline right before Schick shoots

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

He was well out of position when he hit the shot and as a central defender his first duty was to be aware that he'd left a 2 v 2 behind him. That's a dangerous situation and the most important thing for him was not to give the ball away. Which he did.

Exactly how he gave the ball away is less important, but his chances of scoring that can't have been more than about 2%, so he was likely just giving the ball away anyway. 

Respectfully………..bollocks.

if that 2v2 had resulted in two attackers destroying our two defenders when three might have prevented it, then fair enough. 
However, 6 defenders wouldn’t have stopped the ball randomly falling at the feet of the attacker and him ruthlessly and clinically exploiting a woefully out of position goalkeeper. Even then, as much as Marshall was at fault, it was an exquisitely executed finish. 

4 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Adams not match fit yet? Or we already know what he can do so giving Shankland another opportunity?

Or some combination of the two.

Shankland needs to start.  We know what Adams can do.  Adams will start against Germany.  

2 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Strong team.

For Germany, Mctominay comes back in but for who? Christie or gilmour 

porteous maybe for Hanley or hendry

I’m not sure Porteous does come in.   Adams for Shankland is obvious.  McTominay for Gilmour.