Jump to content

Just How Bad Could It Get ?


Recommended Posts

With current form suggesting that Scotland may be on course for an unwelcome piece of Euro history against Germany by suffering the heaviest defeat in the tournaments history, the simple question is....just how bad could it get.  ? I am, of course, desperately trying to invoking a reverse Argentina '78 scenario ...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t see us getting scudded, if anything, this being Germany, more likely to be 1-1 but they win with a 90 min deflected shot that was going wide until it hit someone’s arse and rolled in. Get out of jail for the tournament hosts, brave Scots, late heartache for battling Scotland… that sort of thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until about last Autumn I was counting on us being on a roll, Germany being in the doldrums a bit, combined with their traditional slow start to tournaments, making for a GAUN SCOTLAND!!! attitude towards the opening game.

Now I have The Fear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A touch of the 78 world cup for me. Heading in with so much optimism but then disaster. Of course our expectations are less now but beginning to worry it may become something we want to forget very quickly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Plymouth Par said:

A touch of the 78 world cup for me. Heading in with so much optimism but then disaster. Of course our expectations are less now but beginning to worry it may become something we want to forget very quickly

Doesn't seem much optimism about from where I'm looking

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

With current form suggesting that Scotland may be on course for an unwelcome piece of Euro history against Germany by suffering the heaviest defeat in the tournaments history, the simple question is....just how bad could it get.  ? I am, of course, desperately trying to invoking a reverse Argentina '78 scenario ...

 

 

What is the record defeat for a team in the Euros?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Plymouth Par said:

A touch of the 78 world cup for me. Heading in with so much optimism but then disaster. Of course our expectations are less now but beginning to worry it may become something we want to forget very quickly

That's why I'm trying to invoke a feeling of impending disaster in the hope that turns into the most memorable tournament in our history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I keep having visions of Germany's 7-1 hammering of Brazil at the WC. I enjoyed it at the time, especially as they were weaing Rob Roy jerseys, but supposing the new generation decide to start off with a similar performance? And in Scottish fitba race memory become The New Peru?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KirkieRR said:

I keep having visions of Germany's 7-1 hammering of Brazil at the WC. I enjoyed it at the time, especially as they were weaing Rob Roy jerseys, but supposing the new generation decide to start off with a similar performance? And in Scottish fitba race memory become The New Peru?

Pretty sure you could pull 11 punters out the crowd who'd defend more sensibly  than Brazil did that night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...