Calm Down

stu2910

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It was funny how angry Kenny macintyre got at clarke’s press conference. Media guys get so indignant when managers, players don’t play their wee game and pretend these interviews really mean much. 

I don't agree with you at all here.

Now Kenny McIntyre is clearly a monumental bell-end.  However, if the other night didn't prompt questions, I've not got a clue what would.

Managers are absolutely delighted to "play their wee game" when it's going well.  There is a flip side to that and any dubious indignation is most evident when they don't like being asked about it.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't agree with you at all here.

Now Kenny McIntyre is clearly a monumental bell-end.  However, if the other night didn't prompt questions, I've not got a clue what would.

Managers are absolutely delighted to "play their wee game" when it's going well.  There is a flip side to that and any dubious indignation is most evident when they don't like being asked about it.

You think Steve clarke plays up to them when things are going well? 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You think Steve clarke plays up to them when things are going well? 

Not as much as some, but he doesn't get pissed off with them in the way he did on Friday.  

My comment was more in general terms anyway.  People in the media are absolutely entitled to quiz football managers.  You appear to think they're not.  

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not as much as some, but he doesn't get pissed off with them in the way he did on Friday.  

My comment was more in general terms anyway.  People in the media are absolutely entitled to quiz football managers.  You appear to think they're not.  

Of course theyre entitled to it. But they lose the run of themselves over its significance.

Clarke plays their game the majority of the time because it’s a part of his job. But let’s be honest, they are almost never of any substance. Managers I’d bet don’t want to be there and they really just want to get through it without saying anything daft or that could be misconstrued. 

What you saw post match was a guy who suffered one of the worst professional embarrassments of his career (I’d guess) and made it fairly clear that taking questions from guys who are likely about to write hit pieces about him for their paper isn’t his top priority. 

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Of course theyre entitled to it. But they lose the run of themselves over its significance.

Clarke plays their game the majority of the time because it’s a part of his job. But let’s be honest, they are almost never of any substance. Managers I’d bet don’t want to be there and they really just want to get through it without saying anything daft or that could be misconstrued. 

What you saw post match was a guy who suffered one of the worst professional embarrassments of his career (I’d guess) and made it fairly clear that taking questions from guys who are likely about to write hit pieces about him for their paper isn’t his top priority. 

Have to agree with this. There is often a different dimension to a press conference or even post match interview than just a question and answer session. Sometimes it's a bit like walking into a room where two people have just finished an argument from a viewers perspective. There are contexts that are not explicit. It's not always just an information exchange, that's for true. They can play out in odd ways.

Edited by 2426255

A lot of journalists (and fans) seem to expect that managers will come out and absolutely crucify individual players in a press conference. Which should obviously never happen.

29 minutes ago, Gaz said:

A lot of journalists (and fans) seem to expect that managers will come out and absolutely crucify individual players in a press conference. Which should obviously never happen.

To be fair Clarke wasn't a million miles away from placing most of the blame on the players. He basically took some responsibility and then said that he had a word with a few of the players to remind them of where they went wrong or words to that effect. I don't have an issue with that particularly if the players accept that and the manager was clear with them beforehand. If they don't then it can cause trouble.