Next permanent manager of the Conservative and Unionist Party 2024

Who will be the next Tory leader?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whoever wins it is basically going to be one of those Gears of War Meat Shields for the next 5 years, taking flak from every side. 

From the centre/left for being so shite in the last government. From the right for not being fascist enough. And, being the Tories, from everyone else in the party for not immediately being 20 points ahead in the opinion polls. 

13 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

A lot of truth in what you say there, Sand Wedge.

Good chance they’ll become more of a populist party, an attempt to tempt voters from both Reform and Labour.

If that doesn’t happen with the new leader, then it’s still inevitable in the not too distant future.  Their ‘One Nation’ faction will eventually have to accept this.

Their main problem is that the Boris and Co smell will linger for some time and will be used against them.

However as a wise Wilson said," A week in politics is a long time"

On 26/07/2024 at 09:22, SandyCromarty said:

Their main problem is that the Boris and Co smell will linger for some time and will be used against them.

However as a wise Wilson said," A week in politics is a long time"

It’ll be a long road back for the Tories..

On 23/07/2024 at 22:52, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Perhaps Kieth should have Stalinist purge - starting with her - maybe then her views on "so-called human rights" would change then?

LBC need absolutely slated for giving this evil c**t a platform - surprised they didn't have Tommy Ten-Names as one of their 5 guest hosts.

Don't be silly, Kieth only purges those to his left.

1 minute ago, A Diamond For Me said:

Don't be silly, Kieth only purges those to his left.

(with apologies to Richard O'Brien)

It's just a purge to the left

And a big jump to the right

Suspend anyone with principles

And make your party shite

Should we hire Liz Truss?

Nah, that would be fucking insane

Just be the Tories again. 

Just about a capacity for candidates,

Each candidates needs 10 signed backers.

So 6 candidates (Patel, Stride, Jenrick, Tugendhat, Cleverly & Badenoch), with 10 backers each is 66MPs.

There is only 55 of them left not signed up as a candidate or a backer. Definitely going to be messy fight.

2 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

So 6 candidates (Patel, Stride, Jenrick, Tugendhat, Cleverly & Badenoch), with 10 backers each is 66MPs.

There is only 55 of them left not signed up as a candidate or a backer. Definitely going to be messy fight.

Oh, hopefully not.

Spoiler

Sarcasm alert.

On 27/07/2024 at 17:37, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

It’ll be a long road back for the Tories..

I keep an eye on the Tory rags, of which there are too many, and I note the DM are well under way with undermining Labour, tax hikes and pension attacks are the theme so far.

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I keep an eye on the Tory rags, of which there are too many, and I note the DM are well under way with undermining Labour, tax hikes and pension attacks are the theme so far.

To be fair (going to need to wash my hands after this), the Tories and the right wing media said that Labour would increase taxes and remove tax breaks on pensions and it looks like they'll be doing both. The stupid thing is that everyone knew they'd have to (the SNP in particular attacked Labour on the £18 billion black hole) and if they'd been honest (haha!) about it and said "yes we might need to do these things because the Tories have left the finances in a state" I don't think they'd have lost that many votes. In the end they lied about it, and the right wing media can - sadly - rightly call them out on it. 

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Are you only allowed to nominate one candidate each? 

6 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Are you only allowed to nominate one candidate each? 

I would have thought so, as you can only sign for one prospective MP or councillor or MSP at an election. Would seem odd to endorse more than one candidate. The rules state,

image.png.fe3fd4a00ba0ae3c0a89d5a6cf0728f2.png

Doesn't specifically say you cannot nominate more than one candidate but i would be very surprised if you could.

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Let's face it ,whoever wins will be dancing Farage's jig .

I’m not sure about that.  The absolute worst thing the Tories can do is to be seen to be influenced by Farage.  Don’t see anyone who wouldn’t vote for Reform this time around doing so next time.

If they don’t try to capture back the ground they lost to the Tory Lite tribute act and/or offer a realistic option to the folk who just stayed at home a few weeks ago then they are totally gubbed.

Edited by Granny Danger