Best of the West - WoSFL Cup 2024/25

Posted (edited)

The draw for the WoSFL Cup first and second rounds took place tonight.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.05713f07cc7fb926a0bee59eccd6dd0b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.33507efd3995f4821e5c49cb67dd59dd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cd3b712e953a434ad61b417f5d83bc1b.jpeg

EDIT:

Which then gets thrown out. As Petershill were meant to be excluded for fielding an ineligible player last season. Leading to a new draw on 12/07/2024.

Firs Round:

image.thumb.jpeg.39af3d322f67ff0cb579c780ffae962f.jpeg

Second Round:

image.thumb.jpeg.15e906bf45f161050a4408ade711a49c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.205881c8873ee1f7c035d776ba95186f.jpeg

Edited by FairWeatherFan

25 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

One day I’ll settle on the cup being either the West of Scotland Football League Cup or the West of Scotland Cup. Isn’t the Scottish Cup officially the Scottish FA Cup?

Or originally Scottish Football Association Challenge Cup?

I don't know if they followed the same logic as the FA Challenge Cup at the start but the FA logic was the winners got a bye to the final the next season. So the other clubs were competing to "challenge" the holders.  

8 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

One day I’ll settle on the cup being either the West of Scotland Football League Cup or the West of Scotland Cup. Isn’t the Scottish Cup officially the Scottish FA Cup?

I don't know what it says on the trophy, but I think officially speaking it has the more annoying title of:

West of Scotland Football League League Cup

image.png.836b6fd1e7c25541d73d61695a2054c0.png

10 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

For the moment it is the League Cup. Bit there may come a time; when West clubs are in the Lowland, 🤣🤣🤣🤣, that it could become a West of Scotland FA Challenge Cup.

I believe there once was a West FA in existence. It could be reactivated as a membership for clubs in the West from Tier 5 down. 

1 hour ago, leaguereformer said:

Interested to see if Clydebank make an effort in cups this season or if sole focus is on securing 4th in the league once again. Big ask for them this year. 

These things probably sound funny in your head. However, I doubt Kevin Bridges is losing much sleep over your "patter".  

13 minutes ago, DanMan said:

These things probably sound funny in your head. However, I doubt Kevin Bridges is losing much sleep over your "patter".  

Not intended as comedy purely and observation. Early exit of all cups last season to focus on the league. League champions at Christmas then 4th at the official end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Not intended as comedy purely and observation. Early exit of all cups last season to focus on the league. League champions at Christmas then 4th at the official end of the season. 

I don't think you are really that concerned about how Clydebank fare. I think some hairy arsed biker from Clydebank perhaps did something to you that has scarred you for life, and now you have a hatred of all things Clydebank. Relax, seek help, there are 60 odd other teams that you can talk about. Alas your world revolves round all things G81.  

18 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

The only parts of this statement which are accurate is early exit and final league position. 
Beaten 1-0 by Beith the league champions and by Pollok on penalties is hardly throwing games to concentrate on the league.

Neither is losing by a goal to Formatine away from home in the Scottish.

1 minute ago, clansman said:

The only parts of this statement which are accurate is early exit and final league position. T
Beaten 1-0 by Beith the league champions and by Pollok on penalties is hardly throwing games to concentrate on the league.

Neither is losing by a goal to Formatine away from home in the Scottish.

So almost all of it then.

30 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So almost all of it then.

League champions at Christmas and finishing fourth is a bit of a contradiction.

So you subscribe to the conspiracy theory of Clydebank throwing cup games from the schzophrenic disgruntled Darvel fan. 

Glad for you that you have got the hang of working out numbers though.

20 minutes ago, clansman said:

League champions at Christmas and finishing fourth is a bit of a contradiction.

So you subscribe to the conspiracy theory of Clydebank throwing cup games from the schzophrenic disgruntled Darvel fan. 

Glad for you that you have got the hang of working out numbers though.

Change the word "champions", because that's impossible at Christmas, to "leaders" and it's accurate.

Only 32 teams out off 80 play in first round. Top tier teams should be given a bye allowing a full Premier league card the Saturday of the first round. Lots of talk about fixture congestion due to cup competitions - here’s an easy small win.

37 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

Only 32 teams out off 80 play in first round. Top tier teams should be given a bye allowing a full Premier league card the Saturday of the first round. Lots of talk about fixture congestion due to cup competitions - here’s an easy small win.

Premier teams should be treated exactly the same as everyone else.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

Premier teams should be treated exactly the same as everyone else.

Most cup competitions have tiered entry where different divisions join in later rounds. No reason couldn't do this as let's Premier teams all play league games on 1st Round date to help fixture congestion.