Dundee FC V Airdrieonians FC 17 August 2024

As others have said, free hit for us tomorrow, absolutely no pressure on us to get any kind of result at all.

I'll head through for this one, been a few years since I've been at Dens, but feel I've never been away from Dundee recently, working a lot up in Leuchars and staying in the Apex down at the Harbour, football aside, Dundee's became one of they places I really don't mind going to now. As long as the suns out, am no giving a f*ck 😎

Another game where we need to come out of the traps fast, as our bench is so barren, I reckon Airdrie's is more impactful. Koumetio not there which is annoying, but apparently the crutches rumour is still untrue.

Pretty comfortable, all told. We've been in full control, and if not for some good saves by Kieran Wright, it could've been one or two more. Sylla and SPH again having very good games, we need to tie Sylla down on a 5-year deal. You can see it's still the same identity of football Airdrie play, but something just seems missing, they've had a couple good chances but Carson's been alert to them, we've matched their every move so far.

Like last week though, we need to keep the heid and not lose concentration. I remember well how persistent McCabe's Airdrie are, a 3rd would be a big step forward.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Pretty comfortable, all told. We've been in full control, and if not for some good saves by Kieran Wright, it could've been one or two more. Sylla and SPH again having very good games, we need to tie Sylla down on a 5-year deal. You can see it's still the same identity of football Airdrie play, but something just seems missing, they've had a couple good chances but Carson's been alert to them, we've matched their every move so far.

Like last week though, we need to keep the heid and not lose concentration. I remember well how persistent McCabe's Airdrie are, a 3rd would be a big step forward.

Agree with this overall. We’ve had plenty of the ball without really threatening in Dundee too much.

On the bolded bit, I think we lack the pace and directness we had going foward on our last trip to Dens. Wilson is a good striker but can’t hold the ball up (if he could do that along with his other attributes he wouldn’t be at Airdrie) but last time we had McGill and Smith out wide, ostensibly two forwards who were real goal threats. We only have one natural wide player in the squad and he’s injured, so you end up with five technically good players in midfield but without much beyond that.