Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

No thread yet. I originally thought I wasn't making this fixture as it's my mate's wedding today - I was of course forgetting that with our Thursday night football, it was always going to be moved to the Sunday. 

No harm to St Johnstone, but in a run of games against European sides, Celtic away, Aberdeen away coming up soon, Killie fans are looking at this as by far our best chance to get a positive result to kick start our season. If we don't win, there will be (wrongly, imo) some grumblings of discontent, because we have been so off the boil in our first games. 

I hope the fans will stick with the manager and the players, as they obviously will come good. A win tomorrow would certainly help. 

Watched the last bit of the Aberdeen game, when Saints were pushing for an equaliser. They looked fine from the little I saw, but aware I didn't see the full picture. 

We're getting short on numbers again, which is great after 1 game.

Keltjens (injury) and MacPherson (c**t) are doubts who might play but likely won't.

McClelland (injury), Olufunwa (getting forced out), May (getting forced out), and Ikpeazu (injury) all won't start.

Guarantees to start, IMO, so far are Rae, Raymond, Cameron, Sanders, Neilson, Wright, Smith, Carey, and Kimpioka.

I think he'll go a back 3/5 as we looked very, very, poor in possession against Aberdeen playing 4-4-2. Couldn't play through midfield at all, which improved after changing shape.

So i think decisions are Essel or Sprangler in midfield, and Sidibeh or Kirk up front. I'd go Sprangler/Sidibeh.

Be a tough game but hopefully Europe distracts Killie and we can catch them cold, a win changes so much at the club after the past few days.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Rae

Sanders Neilson Cameron

Wright Smith Sprangler Carey Raymond

Kimpioka Sidibeh

Sprangler sitting at the base of the three with Carey and Smith having the licence to get up and support the strikers and/or their wing backs when we're in possession.

Under no circumstances can Carey be playing as the deep lying midfielder. Macpherson to be offloaded at Prestwick airport on a US military rendition flight.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're getting short on numbers again, which is great after 1 game.

Keltjens (injury) and MacPherson (c**t) are doubts who might play but likely won't.

McClelland (injury), Olufunwa (getting forced out), May (getting forced out), and Ikpeazu (injury) all won't start.

Guarantees to start, IMO, so far are Rae, Raymond, Cameron, Sanders, Neilson, Wright, Smith, Carey, and Kimpioka.

I think he'll go a back 3/5 as we looked very, very, poor in possession against Aberdeen playing 4-4-2. Couldn't play through midfield at all, which improved after changing shape.

So i think decisions are Essel or Sprangler in midfield, and Sidibeh or Kirk up front. I'd go Sprangler/Sidibeh.

Be a tough game but hopefully Europe distracts Killie and we can catch them cold, a win changes so much at the club after the past few days.

Hoping to see "McPherson (c*nt)" listed as the official reason on sky sports tomorrow.

As for Killie, we look a shadow of our usual self. I'd start the team that finished on Thursday with maybe Deas coming in for Wright........wake up call required for some.

Edited by Pizzo

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Watched the last couple of European games Killie played and even their players were like Bambi on ice on that pitch, never mind the opposition. Moreso against Cercle Brugge. Surely even the Killie fans noticed it?

was lashing it down for hours before both games, pitch was always going to be slippy

33 minutes ago, gordonfromlondon said:

was lashing it down for hours before both games, pitch was always going to be slippy

I know and they eventually got to grips with it. It's a danger when wet, which is a problem if you live in the West of Scotland.

This is a big opportunity for Killie to turn things around. St Johnstone might be struggling a bit, so this could be the perfect chance to grab those crucial points. I agree, a win here would definitely boost morale and give everyone a bit more patience with the manager and team.

Biggest problem with starting Sidibeh for me is the possibility that he'll be wasting chances again like against Aberdeen. He's clearly trying to impress and get a move away but it throws away any opportunities we get.

Wouldn't mind giving Kirk a chance after the last two games, and I question Spranglers fitness but I guess he has to play to get that fitness back.

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Rae

Sanders Neilson Cameron

Wright Smith Sprangler Carey Raymond

Kimpioka Sidibeh

Sprangler sitting at the base of the three with Carey and Smith having the licence to get up and support the strikers and/or their wing backs when we're in possession.

Under no circumstances can Carey be playing as the deep lying midfielder. Macpherson to be offloaded at Prestwick airport on a US military rendition flight.

Probably this but with Neilson on the right and Sanders in the middle. 

Middle of the park is such a worry though. Max the only other option there if Macpherson (hopefully) and Keltjens (hopefully not) are missing. Absolutely need Smith to carry on where he left off on Monday. If we could get a couple of solid options in that area and another centre we give ourselves a chance this season if we avoid too many injuries. 

Edited by nelsjfc

MacPherson with a last minute winner only to be boo'd by the 204 St.Johnstone fans who could be arsed to make the trip. 

Having seen the Killie defence vs Brugge, I'd be getting Carey to whip balls from deep for Benji and Sidibeh to throw their heads onto.

Vassell will ragdoll our defenders who are far too weak to deal with them.

2-1 Killie for me. Nobody is raging either way, Levein says we played well, the dogs bark (at MacPherson) and the caravan moves on. Aka same old same old from Saints.