Crimes Against Humanity

4 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Seen on UberEats earlier:

IMG_8584.thumb.jpeg.49d8ebf6efefc62b432de89de9227d52.jpeg

Some genius gradually moving towards the "seasoning will cost extra" model.

In the future, you'll need to pay extra for heat if you want your chips cooked.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Flixbus offers a brilliant 24 hour service from Dundee to Edinburgh airport so there'll be no slander here.

Thank you.

24 hours? Christ most buses do it in about an hour and a half. 

On 16/08/2024 at 12:07, Vietnam91 said:

@Ludo*1 Savoursmoths was the brand and 99p, none in my local, but there are “Slabs”

IMG_8573.thumb.jpeg.61d846020abb79631d2697fdf94221f5.jpeg

IMG_8574.thumb.jpeg.dff0b0627ccb0d0a47eb9c35aecbfc2f.jpeg

Where were these? Slabs are cracking crisps 

Firstly, we're in 2024, I thought bread bins went the way of old fashioned fishing ornaments and a wee gold clock that you could see it's gears moving.

Secondly, takeaways - Indian restaurants are particularly bad for it but others are just as bad - that put a price against a main and don't include any sides at all within the price. I want my meal all inclusive - give me options - asking for an additional £3 for rice or chips or a naan just makes me feel ripped off. I'm happy to be ripped off otherwise I would be cooking something myself - just give me one price with at least 1 side included so it actually forms the basis of a meal as opposed to just some chicken and sauce.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Firstly, we're in 2024, I thought bread bins went the way of old fashioned fishing ornaments and a wee gold clock that you could see it's gears moving.

Secondly, takeaways - Indian restaurants are particularly bad for it but others are just as bad - that put a price against a main and don't include any sides at all within the price. I want my meal all inclusive - give me options - asking for an additional £3 for rice or chips or a naan just makes me feel ripped off. I'm happy to be ripped off otherwise I would be cooking something myself - just give me one price with at least 1 side included so it actually forms the basis of a meal as opposed to just some chicken and sauce.

But not everyone wants the same sides and not all sides are the same price...and some folk want more than 1 side. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

But not everyone wants the same sides and not all sides are the same price...and some folk want more than 1 side. 

You can add additional sides, of course, but 1 should come as standard like in most other establishments. 

My go to meal would be some form of curry with pilau rice and a naan. I would assume - but happy to be corrected - that this is what the majority go for. A rice should come as standard then you can edit/add to it.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You can add additional sides, of course, but 1 should come as standard like in most other establishments. 

My go to meal would be some form of curry with pilau rice and a naan. I would assume - but happy to be corrected - that this is what the majority go for. A rice should come as standard then you can edit/add to it.

First world problems eh.....grrrrr

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Most Indian places in the States I’ve been to, rice is included in the price of the curry. Which leads one to question that are you getting bumped if you get a biryani? 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Most Indian places in the States I’ve been to, rice is included in the price of the curry. Which leads one to question that are you getting bumped if you get a biryani? 

Years ago the Chinese takeaway prices used to include plain boiled rice with a surcharge if you wanted fried rice. Halcyon days!

17 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Possibly back in the day the curry prices included rice but as the restaurants became more sophisticated they realised customers wanted more choices other than curry and rice.  Maybe I'm being whooshed but I was told that in the old days you had to take your own pot to put the food in!