Livi v Accies

On 14/09/2024 at 18:42, ATLIS said:

Stevie May was tremendous today, what a player. He's the first striker we've had in a long time that feels like an actual striker. Muirhead/Sole immense with their impact, Brandon had a great game. 

Only ones I'd really complain about are Smith and Shinnie, they both looked clueless on the wings devoid of ideas.

He's exactly what we were needing in attack, and finishes our squad off nicely. A mobile No9 who presses and makes a nuisance of himself, always making runs and trying to get in behind defenders. Even when he doesn't score he'll create space and opportunity for others, like Pittman's goal in this game.

On 16/09/2024 at 11:06, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's exactly what we were needing in attack, and finishes our squad off nicely. A mobile No9 who presses and makes a nuisance of himself, always making runs and trying to get in behind defenders. Even when he doesn't score he'll create space and opportunity for others, like Pittman's goal in this game.

There's parts of his game that really remind me of Lyndon Dykes and I can't tell if I'm ridiculous for saying that. Just his pressing/mobility, he never gives defenders any time to breathe. 

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

There's parts of his game that really remind me of Lyndon Dykes and I can't tell if I'm ridiculous for saying that. Just his pressing/mobility, he never gives defenders any time to breathe. 

Yeah he's not got the same physicality, but he has a great first touch, and good control on the ball, to get past defenders and in on goal. Seen him catch the ball high a few times now, and just flicking it on, then turning and getting onto it. Complete opposite to Yengi, who needs the ball played to him with nobody pressing, so he can run at opposition players. Yengi is actually better coming deep to get the ball, then running up the pitch, he just isn't the No9 target man we were needing. May's comfortable taking the ball under pressure and mixing it up with defenders, we were really needing a player like him in our attack, to have a serious chance of competing for promotion.