Raith Rovers v The Invincible Falkirk

39 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

When the run ends, be it this weekend or in the future, the fans of other teams will inevitably come crawling out the woodwork to take the piss. It’s fair enough, given they’ve waited so long for something to have a go at us for, but I’ll be pretty content knowing the chances of them seeing their club complete an invincible league season, or go over 40 league games without losing, are incredibly low, and that we got to experience that. 

I’ll also be staying behind to show my appreciation for the team when they do lose. To go 43 (or more) league games without a defeat is an unreal achievement, regardless of what level you’re, at and we’ll never see it again. They’ve made us fall in love with the club again after years and years of teams and players that were incredibly easy to dislike. 

I think its an incredible achievement, make no mistake, but thats what happens in football, the minute you lose and it ends, you get laughed at for doing so. Especially if its against the joint bottom side in the league should it happen on Saturday. But it doesn't take away from the overall achievement that is going to be tough to match at any level. These moments don't come along often, or at all for most clubs so enjoy it while it lasts. 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

When the run ends, be it this weekend or in the future, the fans of other teams will inevitably come crawling out the woodwork to take the piss. It’s fair enough, given they’ve waited so long for something to have a go at us for,

Waited so long? Funny how 5 wins erases the memory of the previous 5 years. 

I couldn't give a flying f**k who ends the run. Obviously I don't want anyone to, but its gone beyond the remarkable into the utterly ridiculous now. Wont be fully appreciated until it is over and everyone remembers a that you lose league games semi regularly even in your good seasons. 

We'll likely never see anything like this again and the huge majority of fans won't ever see it for the first time.

At the point when it ends, thats when we should all just take a moment to reflect on it and thank the players and staff for something none of us ever dreamt we would get to enjoy. 

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I couldn't give a flying f**k who ends the run. Obviously I don't want anyone to, but its gone beyond the remarkable into the utterly ridiculous now. Wont be fully appreciated until it is over and everyone remembers a that you lose league games semi regularly even in your good seasons. 

We'll likely never see anything like this again and the huge majority of fans won't ever see it for the first time.

At the point when it ends, thats when we should all just take a moment to reflect on it and thank the players and staff for something none of us ever dreamt we would get to enjoy. 

Me neither mate, the unbeaten run is going to finish at one point. I’m just hoping when it does we are 25 points clear at the top of the league… 

My biggest concern is fans losing the rag at it. It’s something that should be celebrated when it finishes. As others have said, we’ll not see it again in our lifetime. 

I don’t think we’re far away from getting some good form back and in turn positive results.

This game might just come a little too quick however. Our captain who has not featured this season back in training, Fordyce who will be a starting CB also just about back. Couple of new players and others with limited minutes need to get fitness / sharpness back.

Last week would’ve been a 5-1 win on another day so albeit Hamilton are shite we were much improved.

Falkirk rightly favourites with their incredible league form however Raith being 3/1 at home is well overpriced based on the quality of the 11 we can start with.