Raith Rovers v The Invincible Falkirk

9 hours ago, BPM said:

You are talking shite. It is irrelevant what he did at Raith when he was 17. The here and now is all that matters. He has been the best player in the Championship so far but you would rather have Byrne, Mullen, Brown etc before him. 😂 Next you will be telling me Barrowman knows what he is doing. 

Forums generally work better if you actually read and understand what other posters say. 
For some reason you seem really wound up that Rovers fans aren’t proclaiming Tait to be the best player in the championship. 
If indeed he has been fantastic this season (which he has by all accounts) we haven’t seen it. Of course our opinions are going to be mostly based on when he’s played for us and against us. 
As a fanbase I think we all really liked Tait when he was here and I’m sure if he puts on a great display on Saturday he’ll get recognition from our fanbase. 
But to get so wound up over us not giving recognition to an opposition player we’ve not seen play this season just seems a bit…. odd. 

11 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Forums generally work better if you actually read and understand what other posters say. 
For some reason you seem really wound up that Rovers fans aren’t proclaiming Tait to be the best player in the championship. 
If indeed he has been fantastic this season (which he has by all accounts) we haven’t seen it. Of course our opinions are going to be mostly based on when he’s played for us and against us. 
As a fanbase I think we all really liked Tait when he was here and I’m sure if he puts on a great display on Saturday he’ll get recognition from our fanbase. 
But to get so wound up over us not giving recognition to an opposition player we’ve not seen play this season just seems a bit…. odd. 

Really needy behaviour.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Another thing to add - we've seen several players come in recently who have been significantly improved. I assume it is down to the coaching. Tait might be one example. Sometimes you just need the right combination of a happy player, responding to coaching, and riding a wave of confidence.  

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Another thing to add - we've seen several players come in recently who have been significantly improved. I assume it is down to the coaching. Tait might be one example. Sometimes you just need the right combination of a happy player, responding to coaching, and riding a wave of confidence.  

Its fair to say that McGlynn knows how to get a tune out of Tait. He's not performed consistently under any other manager. He's with the right manager now and it shows. Always liked him as a player, always figured he'd go on to bigger and better and he probably still will if he can play well with different management and lose the wee chip on his shoulder that always sees him get into some trouble on the pitch.

Edit to add, i'd also argue the same can be said of Ethan Ross. 

Edited by CountryBumpkin

Over 850 away end tickets sold so far according to the clubs X account. I think it’ll be about 1200-1250 come KO although could be higher. It’s game 5 of 5 away games on the spin and that takes its toll.

Some impressive numbers the last 4 weeks though plus the trip to EEP mid August. 

2,700 at Dunfermline 
1,100 at Morton 
1,800 at Stenhousemuir (Sold Out)
1,700 at Airdrie 
2,500 at Celtic (Sold Out)

And 850 and counting at Raith…

41 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Over 850 away end tickets sold so far according to the clubs X account. I think it’ll be about 1200-1250 come KO although could be higher. It’s game 5 of 5 away games on the spin and that takes its toll.

Some impressive numbers the last 4 weeks though plus the trip to EEP mid August. 

2,700 at Dunfermline 
1,100 at Morton 
1,800 at Stenhousemuir (Sold Out)
1,700 at Airdrie 
2,500 at Celtic (Sold Out)

And 850 and counting at Raith…

I might be wrong but some of them are probably the same people though. 

Would play the same team as against Celtic as long as everyone is fit. Listening to McGlynn's update it sounds like Lang, Nesbitt and Morrison aren't as close to returning as we hoped

Hogarth

Adams Donaldson Henderson Mackie

Tait Spencer

Agyeman Yeats Miller

MacIver

7 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Not even the mental league that is the English premiership does it. All clubs will have different categories of games (eg man United category a, Ipswich category b), but away fans are all £30 no matter what; due to fan power. We are so far behind up here it’s a disgrace. 

There should be a maximum price for away fans of say £18 to try and encourage more fans to travel and improve the atmosphere at games. It costs a fortune to follow your team away from home these days.

22 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

There should be a maximum price for away fans of say £18 to try and encourage more fans to travel and improve the atmosphere at games. It costs a fortune to follow your team away from home these days.

Yes, exactly, otherwise big clubs like Manchester United, Liverpool and Falkirk are “category A” games and every time we go away we’re charged more than smalls clubs like Morton. 

Category pricing is a difficult one. 

On one hand I think it’s fair enough that a Raith Rovers fan should pay more to see Raith Rovers play Dunfermline at Starks park than to see Raith Rovers play Morton at Starks Park.
It’s a more attractive fixture so en extra £2 is fair I think. 

But is it fair that a Dunfermline fan has to pay £2 more to see their team at Starks Park than a Morton fan has to pay? Well no, it’s not.

But if the argument is that you keep all away prices the same and change the home price if you want then that’s obviously not great either….

So then you’re back to flat pricing no matter what the game is….. but it’s more nuanced than that as prices of concessions etc come into it, not just adult tickets. As someone else said, it cost more to take my daughter to East End last week than it would have cost to buy us both tickets at Starks, despite the adult price being higher at Starks. 

TL;DR You’ll never please all of the people all of the time. 

9 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

But if the argument is that you keep all away prices the same and change the home price if you want then that’s obviously not great either….

Why? It’s completely fair if applied to all clubs. But of course our clubs, who run our leagues (guess who’s to blame at the top there), never do anything together for the good of the fan. 

45 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Why? It’s completely fair if applied to all clubs. But of course our clubs, who run our leagues (guess who’s to blame at the top there), never do anything together for the good of the fan. 

I just meant because then you’ve got the folk behind one goal paying a different price to the folk behind the other goal for the exact same product. 

Imagine the complaints if that was the case!