Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, gazelle83 said:

I can see being relegation fodder and about to have his club sell it's soul to a buyer who was rejected by Hibs and utd is taking its toll on poor Vincent. Still you'll always have that incredible performance away to Plzen to remember. 

It's good that you misread what he said, had a dig and then when you had it pointed out you went in even further.

Don't back down, double down. 

19 hours ago, AJF said:

I’m not really saying that using them is a bad thing, just that I think it would seem like they have more sway over things than was originally portrayed when the story first broke.

As an example, there doesn’t even seem to be any confirmation that this deal has gone through and there’s already chat about them influencing the manager selection process.

To be fair, 'there doesn’t even seem to be any confirmation' and 'already chat about them influencing the manager' are essentially the same thing. No confirmation is the same thing as chat - one doesn't have more weight than the other, so if you think the chat abut managerial selection influence has weight, so does the chat about them investing etc.

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

To be fair, 'there doesn’t even seem to be any confirmation' and 'already chat about them influencing the manager' are essentially the same thing. No confirmation is the same thing as chat - one doesn't have more weight than the other, so if you think the chat abut managerial selection influence has weight, so does the chat about them investing etc.

The point I was making is slightly different.

When news of this deal first broke, it was described as Hearts getting access to StarLizard to use for player recruitment. It was said that further down the line this could lead to StarLizard obtaining a share in Hearts. It was reported that a deal was close to being ratified.

Now, there has been no deal formally concluded it seems, but the chat has already shifted in the sense that this system is not simply for player recruitment but is essentially “outsourcing” many aspects.

Again, I’m not saying this is all particularly a bad thing, but the narrative from how it was first portrayed has changed.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Again, I’m not saying this is all particularly a bad thing, but the narrative from how it was first portrayed has changed.

Understandably so, there's been a pretty big shift in circumstances with the manager being sacked.

I think it makes sense to utilise their methods to help recruit a new manager given the board aren't particularly adept at doing this. Especially if that's the route we're going down anyway.

10 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I would think he is.  But i don't think we'll be going for him

I was talking to a Hearts pal last night, and he's intrigued about getting Tony Bloom's group to do the recruitment. He certainly doesn't want Budge near the hiring process. Brighton has turned up some absolute gems as Head Coach, and they play good football. It's certainly better than "going along the corridor" for Fox or picking from the same stagnant pool that is the Ex- and current Scottish Managers. There seem to be quite a few Scandanavians with a good rep being named, which is refreshing from some of the dinosaurs of Scottish football still kicking around. All banter aside, the Hearts job is a high-profile position with a good structure for any coach. 

I wouldn't imagine McInnes would want to work under Bloom's influence with scouting/acquiring talent. He's old school in that he seems to like complete control of the football department for best or for worse.

It would also put his bestie Russ Richardson out of a job who must have the most cushty job in fitba 

32 minutes ago, AndyM said:

I was talking to a Hearts pal last night, and he's intrigued about getting Tony Bloom's group to do the recruitment. He certainly doesn't want Budge near the hiring process. Brighton has turned up some absolute gems as Head Coach, and they play good football. It's certainly better than "going along the corridor" for Fox or picking from the same stagnant pool that is the Ex- and current Scottish Managers. There seem to be quite a few Scandanavians with a good rep being named, which is refreshing from some of the dinosaurs of Scottish football still kicking around. All banter aside, the Hearts job is a high-profile position with a good structure for any coach. 

There's every chance we make a c**t of the recruitment, again,  but on paper it's a very good job to be coming into.   You've got a strong squad, decent budget and plenty games to work with.  The board are stable.  And the level of competition in the league isn't brilliant

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Mcinnes’ comments on the speculation suggest to me he’s interested. 

It would be more surprising if he weren't.

This comes up whenever Hearts, Hibs, or Aberdeen hire, but except in very special circumstances almost any coach at one of the other non-OF clubs would bite your arm off for these jobs.

More money in your account, more resources to work with as a coach.

Don't think it'll be him though. Certainly hope it isn't.