Ayr v Morton 28/09

Our last 3 games ending 1-1 with us being depleted and actually finishing the stronger team in each game. 
We must start better than we have and be aiming for a 2 goal cushion. Morton will be Morton and offer up tough opposition.

This is where we should be expecting Brown to manage our depleted team albeit possible a few coming back this week.

I'd go for a squeaky 2-1. 

Edited by Honestmen

32 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

I don't follow fitba, what's this?

Adebayor signed for Man City from Arsenal. In his first game against Arsenal he was taking lots of abuse from their fans, he then scored and ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the arsenal fans which then caused a whole lot of seethe. 

IMG_0525.gif

Edited by ayrunitedfw

52 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Morton to win with George Oakley getting a head knock early on, causing him to think he's still at Morton, as a result of which he scores an own goal then runs over to the Ayr fans and gives them the GIRFUY.

Quite ridiculous what I’m reading but I like it 

Morton to win. Morton’s ‘just been recent arrested and sent to prison for importing ridiculous amounts of drugs in an incredibly stupid way’ list is nowhere near as bad as Ayrs injured list. Also, Ayr won’t want to be upsetting some sort of Inverclyde drugs cartel.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle

We've started to gel nicely and last week we played some nice football and scored 2 goals with no reply.

We also had no bookings in that game!  So that has given us a wee bit of confidence going into this game.

We're still a bit disjointed up front so we will require goals from midfield or defence. 

A narrow 1 goal win or 0-0  

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

We've started to gel nicely and last week we played some nice football and scored 2 goals with no reply.

We also had no bookings in that game!  So that has given us a wee bit of confidence going into this game.

We're still a bit disjointed up front so we will require goals from midfield or defence. 

A narrow 1 goal win or 0-0  

Airdrie make everybody look good at the minute.

Still very much up against it here, but we’ve had a couple of unexpected results at Somerset in recent years, hopefully this is another. 

Difficult to really gauge if we’ve settled or Airdrie are just that bad. Bit more relaxed we won’t disgrace ourselves than I previously was though. 

Lamar Reynolds at the double, you heard it here first.

Ayr get a dubious penalty, Big George O scores and a Morton player is red-carded for mouthin off. Ned Imrie spontaneously combusts on the touchline and the fire extinguisher is faulty. Pitch invasion and a massive scrap in the centre circle. 

Well, it's preferable to 0-0 bore-fest. 

What’s with the dramatised scenes going on for this game

first we’ve got Oakley knee sliding the away fans, we’ve then got Oakley taking a dunt to the heed scoring an own goal & now there’s a brawl between the fans in the centre circle 

Edited by Cowshed

14 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Difficult to really gauge if we’ve settled ...
Lamar Reynolds at the double, you heard it here first.

I wasn't at the game but I saw the highlights. Our passing game has changed remarkably since last season, and we're moving the ball around really well, creating some decent openings. The lack of a striker is still obviously a massive hole in the squad, but I also thought Reynolds had his best game for us so far. There's definitely a player in there, and he was desperately unlucky not to score from that volley (fantastic save by the keeper). From the doom & gloom of weeks past - our performance against (an admittedly shite) Airdrie gave me a glimmer of hope. Looking forward to the game, especially as Ayr's just a few miles up the road from me and Somerset Park's always a decent away day. Mon eh Ton.