Kilmarnock v Dundee United Saturday 28 September 2024 at 3.00 p.m.

Despite all the chat on the United thread I don’t see Goodwin making any substantive changes for this.  He might ‘rest’ Stephenson but not sure it would be the best thing for the lad’s confidence.  Personally I’d like to see Moult start even if he changes nothing else.

Not sure if Killie are as bad as their league position suggests but since their general thread on here has ‘gone dark’ it’s hard to know what their fans think.

League form so far suggests a reasonable chance of three points from this which would cement our fourth place spot or better for another week so here’s hoping.

And oh, I miss Killie pies.  :(

Aren’t we always the team that ends other teams poor run of form, players that haven’t scored yet or not scored in ages. Is that not our role in the league. I’d put money on killie getting their first league win this season but also delighted to be proven wrong.

All we're thinking is "yaaaassssss a home game on a saturday".

This is our first of the season and we'll likely only have one more until we play united again in February. Ridiculous.

Score draw and a chance to see if united have managed to get any songs which fit the amount of syllables in their name while they've been "away".

Edited by Pizzo

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if Killie are as bad as their league position suggests but since their general thread on here has ‘gone dark’ it’s hard to know what their fans think.

League form so far suggests a reasonable chance of three points from this which would cement our fourth place spot or better for another week so here’s hoping.

We've been gash in a few games after big efforts in Europe on the Thursday. 

Vs St Mirren thought we were much more like ourselves and would definitely have won if they had 2 men sent off, which they should have done. 

Saturday isn't "must win" as it's early in the season for that patter, but it would be very nice to get 3 points on the board at last. 

Edited by deadasdillinger

15 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

We've been gash in a few games after big efforts in Europe on the Thursday. 

Vs St Mirren thought we were much more like ourselves and would definitely have won if they had 2 men sent off, which they should have done. 

Saturday isn't "must win" as it's early in the season for that patter, but it would be very nice to get 3 points on the board at last. 

Aye, over the years I’ve come away from a number of games thinking ‘if only the other team had two players sent off we might have sneaked a win’.*

* or at least a draw.

40 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

Aren’t we always the team that ends other teams poor run of form, players that haven’t scored yet or not scored in ages. Is that not our role in the league. I’d put money on killie getting their first league win this season but also delighted to be proven wrong.

Yeah, home banker 🤮

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, over the years I’ve come away from a number of games thinking ‘if only the other team had two players sent off we might have sneaked a win’.*

* or at least a draw.

TBF, we were the better side, even with 10 men for more than half the game. 

Ref ruined the game and if anything, they should have had less players on the park. 

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We were much better vs St Mirren, got a few players back now for Saturday so bit of a headache for DM. 

Most our fans use Killie Kickback forum for Killie related chat, hence the traffic on here being sporadic. 

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I remember seeing Ray McKinnon scorring a hat trick of free kicks against us mid 90s at RP!

I believe that's the only time it has been done in top flight football 

Edit - scrap that, a few others have done it 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I had it in my head that was at Tannadice but then again my memory’s going.

Nah defo at RP! 

I'll never be able to erase that memory! 

That said, one of my best memories of back then was John Henry scoring a late winner couple of games before end of the season at Tannadice in a 2-1 win to seal our safety and resign you to the play off/

We had the shed and the Jerry Kerr stand that day,. Away end was bedlam when he scored into the Shed.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Thought the same before we played Hearts and that turned out pretty well.

Anyway Craig Napier is the ref and he doesnt like us so penalty to Rangers Killie.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah defo at RP! 

I'll never be able to erase that memory! 

That said, one of my best memories of back then was John Henry scoring a late winner couple of games before end of the season at Tannadice in a 2-1 win to seal our safety and resign you to the play off/

We had the shed and the Jerry Kerr stand that day,. Away end was bedlam when he scored into the Shed.

There were a few games still to go after that game where Henry scored the winner, but United went straight down at the end of that season, Aberdeen contested the play-offs. That match solidified Killie's 5th place in the league, above Celtic, but they finished only two points in front of Aberdeen at the season's conclusion.

That's not from memory, I looked it all up as I couldn't remember the match.