Week 4

lichtie23

My first late night of the season as my Giants host the detestable Cowboys at MetLife tonight 

TNF

Cowboys @ Giants

Sunday (Early)

Saints @ Falcons

Rams @ Bears

Vikings @ Packers

Steelers @ Colts

Broncos @ Jets

Eagles @ Buccaneers

Bengals @ Panthers

Jaguars @ Texans 

Sunday (Late)

Commanders @ Cardinals

Patriots @ 49ers

Browns @ Raiders

Chiefs @ Chargers

SNF

Bills @ Ravens

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Bills vs Ravens the obvious standout. Will the Bengals go 0-4? 
Can the beaten up Chargers upset the Chiefs?

Not a chance, and if they have any sense, they'll sit Herbert and let Heinicke take the absolute beating that is coming. Three OT's on the Weds Injury report, neither Alt nor Slater are going to play, the interior OL is already hopeless in pass-pro, and they'll be lining up with at least one Practice Squad level OT, apparently Foster Sarell at LT if the rumours are to be believed.

It would be an act of criminal negligence to send Herbert out there behind that considering he's already dealing with a high ankle sprain.

Even if the line was 100% it still wouldn't likely lead to a competitive game, because Joey Bosa is still crocked and unlikely to play more than a handful of snaps, if that, and the Chargers pass rush completely vanishes any time JB is not on the field. Derwin James will also be serving a long-overdue suspension, so the Chargers totally lack the tools to counter KC's O.

They really ought to be treating this as an exhibition and doubling up their Week 5 Bye in an effort to get a few players healthy. I doubt Jim Harbaugh will see it like that though. I hope it doesn't come to it, but if they start Herbert and he gets seriously hurt I hope the local media tear Harbaugh to shreds in the press conference.

The only way this is close is if it's one of those ridiculous games where LAC hands it off about 50 times for 300 yards, and KC commits at least 4 or 5 turnovers. I'm fully expecting an ugly blowout win for KC, but I honestly couldn't care less about the scoreboard because LAC has no business squabbling with KC this year anyway. I just hope they get out of it with no more devastating injuries, or what should be a 7-9 win season could rapidly become yet another 4-5 win season with Herbert on IR and edging closer to being Andrew Luck MkII.

Edited by Boo Khaki

55 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Not a chance, and if they have any sense, they'll sit Herbert and let Heinicke take the absolute beating that is coming. Three OT's on the Weds Injury report, neither Alt nor Slater are going to play, the interior OL is already hopeless in pass-pro, and they'll be lining up with at least one Practice Squad level OT, apparently Foster Sarell at LT if the rumours are to be believed.

It would be an act of criminal negligence to send Herbert out there behind that considering he's already dealing with a high ankle sprain.

Even if the line was 100% it still wouldn't likely lead to a competitive game, because Joey Bosa is still crocked and unlikely to play more than a handful of snaps, if that, and the Chargers pass rush completely vanishes any time JB is not on the field. Derwin James will also be serving a long-overdue suspension, so the Chargers totally lack the tools to counter KC's O.

They really ought to be treating this as an exhibition and doubling up their Week 5 Bye in an effort to get a few players healthy. I doubt Jim Harbaugh will see it like that though. I hope it doesn't come to it, but if they start Herbert and he gets seriously hurt I hope the local media tear Harbaugh to shreds in the press conference.

The only way this is close is if it's one of those ridiculous games where LAC hands it off about 50 times for 300 yards, and KC commits at least 4 or 5 turnovers. I'm fully expecting an ugly blowout win for KC, but I honestly couldn't care less about the scoreboard because LAC has no business squabbling with KC this year anyway. I just hope they get out of it with no more devastating injuries, or what should be a 7-9 win season could rapidly become yet another 4-5 win season with Herbert on IR and edging closer to being Andrew Luck MkII.

BUT... despite being 3-0 the cheifs have not been very good this year. without a bit of Zebra help they could be 0-3.

I do agree with you that sitting Herbert is the best option, esp with a really early bye and his injury but there is little chance of it happening.

31 minutes ago, steelmen said:

BUT... despite being 3-0 the cheifs have not been very good this year. without a bit of Zebra help they could be 0-3.

I do agree with you that sitting Herbert is the best option, esp with a really early bye and his injury but there is little chance of it happening.

I can see a scenario similar to last week where Herbert takes the start, but any sign of the OL being completely overmatched or #10 himself showing discomfort, and they sit him down.

Although he started the game last week there was apparently an agreement made beforehand that if he showed any sign at all of the injury bothering him he'd be benched. I can understand that you always want to hope for the best, but I think Herbert's injury history is now significant enough that they really shouldn't be taking any chances with him at all. It's totally at odds with Harbaugh's repeated off-season emphasis on protecting JH as much as possible, hence the Alt pick, and his rationale behind moving a serviceable RT to RG, a position he's never played before. 

If you are purely concerned about W/L, then I think you can put it in context by acknowledging that if the Chargers were somehow to eke out a win here, it's not going to be by Herbert standing in a clean pocket and torching the KC secondary for 400+ yards. A heavy dose of efficient running, some good D, and some luck with turnovers etc might get you there, but that is just about as possible with a healthy Heinicke under C as it is a hobbled Herbert. JH doesn't hand the ball off any better than TH 🤷‍♂️

I heard a stat today that I could hardly believe. 

Tonight Dallas go on the road in a short week for the first time ever...

Absolutely crazy, but it becomes obvious when you realise they get their TNF on thanksgiving at home every year.

Anyway, Mon the G-men

22 minutes ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

I heard a stat today that I could hardly believe. 

Tonight Dallas go on the road in a short week for the first time ever...

Absolutely crazy, but it becomes obvious when you realise they get their TNF on thanksgiving at home every year.

Anyway, Mon the G-men

Even more amazing when you hear that the average is 6 games so far amongst all others

From Guardian US edition .

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/sep/26/nfl-panic-index-is-travis-kelce-finished-and-how-bad-are-the-cowboys

"Burrow and the offense provide hope. After a dud against the Patriots in week one, the offense has been fine – Burrow has thrown five touchdowns and zero interceptions. If that can sustain, then the Bengals should be able to sneak back into the wildcard race. They have a favorable schedule over the next four weeks with games against the Panthers, Giants, Browns and Ravens, which could see them nudge closer to .500. But unless they’re able to find some juice along the defensive line they’ll be out of the playoff picture before Thanksgiving.

Panic level: 10/10"