Olaf's Second Job

Guest Se Draca

Guest Se Draca

So there I was in January - MOTM, 4th in the league, Bell's Cup winner, cuffed Dunfermline in the 3rd round of the Scottish cup (put out by Aberdeen in the 4th after a replay :)

3 losses in February and nice Mr Christie gives me my jotters due to 'fan pressure' :angry:

I now have the chance to manage Dumbarton ;):lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ruggy Bairn
I've been in the bottom 3 and not been sacked!

Currently sitting 3rd in the SPL though in my 4th season!!!!

I'm unfortunately boundy by the pishness of my machine and have to make do with CM3. :lol:

I am currently 3rd in Div 1 (Only one team goes up), and the board moan if I lose one game. <_<

My star player is Marc Anthony, who is well on his way to being Scotland's top scorer for the season. :D allan McGregor is my keeper, and I have no current Falkirk players in my side.

Though Keith, Moss, hutchison and Crabbe all get a game now and then ;)

Can't find Jason Lee in it :blink: Xausa plays for Dortrecht and earns £12,000 a week :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't mathematically win the league this season, but I'm confident it's there for the taking next year ;)

Those bastart Saintees put me out the Scottish in the quarters :angry:

Guest Se Draca
I'm unfortunately boundy by the pishness of my machine and have to make do with CM3.  :lol:

I was worried about that myself (Mrs Draca got me the game and she knows less about computers than I do about irons :o).

It works tolerably well on my 433MHz 256Mb machine (I brought the game into work to try it on some of the faster ones and I didn't notice much difference, 10% startup, 5% running maybe)

Edited to include:

Setup with only the Scottish Leagues. Also in October, Kevin Christie got a fractured jaw :ph34r::ph34r:.

McSween is the hot prospect.

Guest Ruggy Bairn
I've got quite a new machine so it works very well,

CM3 is very easy when you know what players to sign!!

Tell me more then!!

;)

Dracs, I have a 500mhz 128mb machine, do you think it'll cope? I could upgrade to 256mb for next to nothing, but is it the mhz or memory that matters with CM?

And is it CM 03/04 you're talking about? I want it. :)

Guest Se Draca
Dracs, I have a 500mhz 128mb machine, do you think it'll cope? I could upgrade to 256mb for next to nothing, but is it the mhz or memory that matters with CM?

And is it CM 03/04 you're talking about? I want it.  :)

I think its the memory that is the main thing (writing to and from disc is v. expensive in time). I'd certainly upgrade to 256Mb anyway if it's not going to cost you much.

I had a copy of CM3 that I 'borrowed' a few years back and I can't honestly remember that running any faster than the CM03/04 I've just ben given.

If you've got a mate who's got CM03/04, I'd give it a whirl: then you can decide whether to cop..... buy it ;)

I'll repeat though: I am running the minimum game.

Guest Se Draca
Never been into CM , what's the criterea for promotion ? do they have the 3000 empty seats rule ?

I've not had to worry about that :lol::lol:. You can ask the board for stadium improvements which helps boost income, but I haven't found the '10,000 and go bust' option yet. :lol:

I trust we're still within the e-chat forum boundaries ;)

Guest Ruggy Bairn

I think its the memory that is the main thing (writing to and from disc is v. expensive in time). I'd certainly upgrade to 256Mb anyway if it's not going to cost you much.

I had a copy of CM3 that I 'borrowed' a few years back and I can't honestly remember that running any faster than the CM03/04 I've just ben given.

If you've got a mate who's got CM03/04, I'd give it a whirl: then you can decide whether to cop..... buy it ;)

I'll repeat though: I am running the minimum game.

Thanks for that, I'll see what I can do about acquiring a copy prior to buying. ;)

So who are the best players on CM3 then? David? DB?

I've found Allan McGregor to be an excellent keeper, after struggling with Hogarth and Ferguson for a season.

Marc Anthony has scored 29 goals for me this season (30 league games)

A boy called Daniel Kemp has scored 21 goals for me (picked him up as a free agent at the start of the season - watch for release clause if he asks for one. He won't sign unless you give him it, but I offered him £300 a week and he came. I negotiated a new contract after a few weeks, giving him £500 pw but upping his release fee from £150k to £1Mill ;) )

Any star players to look for? ;)

Cannae mind off the top of my heid!

Dean Keates of Walsall is one, a guy Mark Smith who plays for one of the Bristol sides!

Scout Scandinavia and they come up with a few!

Have a look at some of the numerous CM websites. Always loads of hints and tips for whatever version you are playing!

I'm sure the winning tactic for CM3 is 4-1-3-2!

Guest Ruggy Bairn
Have a look at some of the numerous CM websites. Always loads of hints and tips for whatever version you are playing!

I'm sure the winning tactic for CM3 is 4-1-3-2!

I've been looking for a decent website, but can't find one for CM3. They're all more or less out of date. I think I'll need to just give 03/04 a shot.

Fancy the updated one anyway. ;)

Ruggy, it depends how much money you have. If you've got a budget of 10 million, then Alex Farnerud, Ibrahim Said, Kim Kallstrom and Kennedy Bakircioglu are musts. My update has Efan Ekoku on a free transfer at the start, he bangs in lots of goals. I've always found Bryn Halliwell to be a decent enough keeper and is available for 60K. Other bargain buys include Stuart Elliot from Hull City (they have several good players), sign him if you can, Henriksen from Kidderminster and Jason Bent from Plymouth, Wade Elliot from Bournemouth and Darren Way from Yeovil. As Denny said, Scandinavia is full of talent so scout there, as well as NI and the Republic.

Archived