What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

I've heard it's lacking a certain something....I.e. guitar solos. He comes across as a bit of a pretentious knob which I could forgive if his tunes were any good.

It does lack solos. There's one towards the end that sounds majestic and it's then you realise there's not been many solos! Would benefit from Dave Gilmour being involved but hey ho you can't get everything. If you've liked any of his previous solo LPs then you'll like this. It's the closet we'll get to a new PF album.

4 minutes ago, Daydream said:

It does lack solos. There's one towards the end that sounds majestic and it's then you realise there's not been many solos! Would benefit from Dave Gilmour being involved but hey ho you can't get everything. If you've liked any of his previous solo LPs then you'll like this. It's the closet we'll get to a new PF album.

I've never felt inclined to listen to any of his solo stuff due to his influence on the most over rated PF album of all time.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I've never felt inclined to listen to any of his solo stuff due to his influence on the most over rated PF album of all time.

The Wall?

I think you're missing out.  The Final Cut is a great album - it's like The Wall but without the bloated-ness (I love the Wall btw but I get why some folk don't like it).   Of all the solo LPs I'd recommend the new one as it's the least Wall-like ^_^