What Are You Listening To?

ICTChris

:lol: Not yet,but i am trying to think of some. Liam and Damon. Jarvis and Polly Harvey(SP?) She doesn't like Jarvis that much. ;) Who have you got on your list?

Noddy asking him how to download music. :lol:

Floella Benjamin. Danny De Vito. Tony Benn and selected others who I've forgotten.

Floella Benjamin. Danny De Vito. Tony Benn and selected others who I've forgotten.

Floella Benjamin,i agree with that one,i haven't seen or heard anything about her since she was on playschool! :ph34r:

What about Jamie Oliver,get me in there to and i'll beat him within an inch of his life...Or more if someone paied me. :D

Floella Benjamin,i agree with that one,i haven't seen or heard anything about her since she was on playschool! :ph34r:

What about Jamie Oliver,get me in there to and i'll beat him within an inch of his life...Or more if someone paied me. :D

Hear my list? I got the biggest laugh from Noddy Holder I reckon. :lol:

What's with the necessity for these sorts of bands to do superfluous covers?

Snow Patrol rarely do covers.

They covered the B&S song because they were playing at the List's "Top 50 Scottish Bands" gig and each band playing was covering "anothter" (given the Norn Irishness of SP) Scottish Band's song. Eugene Kelly (of the Vaselines) did 500 miles, Mull Historical Society did Some Candy Talking, and Idleshite, sorry, Idlewild... did that pish Simple Minds song that everyone seems to know.

Snow Patrol rarely do covers.

They covered the B&S song because they were playing at the List's "Top 50 Scottish Bands" gig and each band playing was covering "anothter" (given the Norn Irishness of SP) Scottish Band's song. Eugene Kelly (of the Vaselines) did 500 miles, Mull Historical Society did Some Candy Talking, and Idleshite, sorry, Idlewild... did that pish Simple Minds song that everyone seems to know.

Ah. Cheers.

I don't like it when supposed "proper" guitar bands do covers of bubblegum pop - Travis doing Britney Spears songs, etc, under the guise of irony.

Snow Patrol have done, as far as I know, one stupid pop song, which was Beyonce's "Crazy In Love". And fucking quality it was too :D Usually if they're covering something it'll something lesser known.

As well as CiL, since they've become (reasonably) famous, they've done Damien Rice's "Blowers Daughter", Low's "Two Step" and "Just Like Christmas, and Will Oldham's "New Partner".

In the past they did The Corrs' "What Can I Do?", and they've done Teenage Kicks a few times, mostly acoustic though ;)

To be honest, I'm quite happy with bands playing covers if it sounds different to the original, or is bringing the original artist to a new market. I'd probably never have listened to the first three artists otherwise.

Snow Patrol have done, as far as I know, one stupid pop song, which was Beyonce's "Crazy In Love". And fucking quality it was too :D Usually if they're covering something it'll something lesser known.

As well as CiL, since they've become (reasonably) famous, they've done Damien Rice's "Blowers Daughter", Low's "Two Step" and "Just Like Christmas, and Will Oldham's "New Partner".

In the past they did The Corrs' "What Can I Do?", and they've done Teenage Kicks a few times, mostly acoustic though ;)

To be honest, I'm quite happy with bands playing covers if it sounds different to the original, or is bringing the original artist to a new market. I'd probably never have listened to the first three artists otherwise.

Is it as good as travis' cover of baby one more time? (I think that's what it's called?)

Ah. Cheers.

I don't like it when supposed "proper" guitar bands do covers of bubblegum pop - Travis doing Britney Spears songs, etc, under the guise of irony.

Elbow's cover of Destinys Child's 'Independent Women' is superb. (Note: It might have been Bootylicious actually, i can't remember)

:D

Want to get into a debate about music with me do ya DB?!? :P

Oh, and remember my Franz Ferdinand CD tomorrow. Then you can have a loan of The Killers or Sons & Daughters. :D

Eh I'll pass on that one.

It's in the car ready to go.

Did anyone hear the band from Perth called Aberfeldy,on radio two last night? They sound quite good. :D Anyone know anything about them,or is there a web site i can go to? Thank you.

Edited by saints1884