Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I'm pretty sure a few months ago Pete said if Lisa and Adam were to part ways he would be right round there finger banging her in a heartbeat. Cant remember the thread it was in though but it was quite a shocking thing to read.

I did indeed. I realised within about half an hour of that post that they'd separated. I hadn't known until then. Proper LOL'd about it afterwards, even the torn apart family couldn't stem my laughter about the way I found out.

Just now, Adam said:

Aye, was definitely me who done the dumping...

Quite right too, mate. I don't know how you didn't do it years ago. I remember you telling me loads of times you would then bottling it, so I'm glad you finally pulled the trigger. Nice that you let her keep the house, mind. Very noble.

The Esquire House at Anniesland Cross is still there.  And it's still a shitehole populated by the same jakey tinks that inhabit The Counting House but who can't afford the bus fare into town.

I've since moved but used to live beside Hughenden rugby pitches. It was a 15/20 min walk to Byres Road and the same to Anniesland cross. If I wanted a post work pint I'd actually choose Esquire House because I'm a degenerate and fitted in better there

12 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I've since moved but used to live beside Hughenden rugby pitches. It was a 15/20 min walk to Byres Road and the same to Anniesland cross. If I wanted a post work pint I'd actually choose Esquire House because I'm a degenerate and fitted in better there

Nothing wrong with that.  At least you've accepted what you are :P

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The saddest part is I only went to Esquire House because BJ's had closed. I am the antithesis of the typical West End, Glasgow university graduate.

Whilst a small 16yo, out drinking after my shift in Safeway, part of me mourned the loss of BJ's, it really was an even bigger hovel than the Spoons place.  

And the "dancing" upstairs!! Fucking hell.

The 'nightclub' was a meeting point for the nutcases from Anniesland, Temple, Knightswood etc. I believe they don't really get along

I'm not sure exactly why it shut but my best guess would be a combination of blatant drug taking on premises and ultraviolence on a scale which could be best described as 'Russian football hooligans fighting in a wood'

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The 'nightclub' was a meeting point for the nutcases from Anniesland, Temple, Knightswood etc. I believe they don't really get along

I'm not sure exactly why it shut but my best guess would be a combination of blatant drug taking on premises and ultraviolence on a scale which could be best described as 'Russian football hooligans fighting in a wood'

Someone driving their car into the bar at high speed had something to do with it as well, I believe.

Knightswood Fleeto FTW 

Someone driving their car into the bar at high speed had something to do with it as well, I believe.

Knightswood Fleeto FTW 

One Friday night about 6pm I walked from the bar to my seat, pint in hand. I was wearing black shoes, black trousers and a shirt and tie. A boy asked my if I was Scotstoun Fleet. I'm not even sure he was joking

7 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The Boulevard off Great Western Road in Clydebank was another place the maniacs went to cut some shapes.

By cutting shapes I mean stabbing people multiple times.