Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Most on here won't remember when pubs shut during the day.

11 till 2 then 5 till 10.

There was a pub near Rutherglen station that would open all the doors at 9.45 and start screaming " last orders "

Cue trays of 2 pints per person and a few shorts

Just now, WILLIEA said:

11 till 2 then 5 till 10.

There was a pub near Rutherglen station that would open all the doors at 9.45 and start screaming " last orders "

Cue trays of 2 pints per person and a few shorts

Wasn't it 2.30 closing or was that closing time over the border?

Biggest problem with where I bide at the moment is the lack of pubs anywhere. Not even a shite pub around here. Never lived in an area with so many people but 0 pubs.

Edit: google mapped the nearest pub to me just to see where the nearest one is, and there's one closer to me than I had realised (albeit still a decent walk away and in a direction I've yet to venture). Googled the place to see what it's like and the first result was a newspaper story about armed police having to be called to stop a mass brawl there.

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There has been a house in Dumfries who've had their decorations up since the end of October. I'd love to be making that up. Absolutely shambolic behaviour.

There's a house between Renfrew and Paisley who does this every year. Including huge inflatable Santas climbing up the outside.

Total weirdo imo

Just now, jmothecat said:

Biggest problem with where I bide at the moment is the lack of pubs anywhere. Not even a shite pub around here. Never lived in an area with so many people but 0 pubs.

Terrific bus service though, the Anchor is the closest to me but I've only ever been in for a pish, the number 16 stops just past it & that get's me to The Shore in 20 min, plenty decent boozers.

Grimbo

2 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Terrific bus service though, the Anchor is the closest to me but I've only ever been in for a pish, the number 16 stops just past it & that get's me to The Shore in 20 min, plenty decent boozers.

Grimbo

Why don't you just pish in the house?

The creepy woman in the Bundesliga highlights show who will speak in English but use the German names, ie. "here is Dortmund against Bayern Munchen". One or the other surely?

On a similar note, noticed on BBC Alba the other night that they'll use the Gaelic name for Dunfermline when referring to the Pars but will just say 'Queen of the South' which could be translated so easily.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The creepy woman in the Bundesliga highlights show who will speak in English but use the German names, ie. "here is Dortmund against Bayern Munchen". One or the other surely?

On a similar note, noticed on BBC Alba the other night that they'll use the Gaelic name for Dunfermline when referring to the Pars but will just say 'Queen of the South' which could be translated so easily.

th?&id=OIP.M5c3948033a155d8146d4199f85cbf8fcH1&w=300&h=215&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

th?&id=OIP.Mf41e3da760dd63b702ae842372e386bbo0&w=196&h=147&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Edit: google mapped the nearest pub to me just to see where the nearest one is, and there's one closer to me than I had realised (albeit still a decent walk away and in a direction I've yet to venture). Googled the place to see what it's like and the first result was a newspaper story about armed police having to be called to stop a mass brawl there.

Whereabouts do you stay? There's about 10 within a 5 minute walk from my place. Never lived somewhere with so many pubs roundabout before