Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

People, particularly men who wear gloves. Absolute pretentious show off shite.

Bodywarmers. Absolutely useless.
The chest is the warmest part of your body. Why would you specially want to keep your torso warm and your arms cold?

Only utter welts wear them.

I'll stick my head out here, I don't mind fruit cider. I wouldn't drink 3 of them like and only tend to even have one if I'm hungover but at times they serve a purpose. I await the ridicule.

Dark fruits is okay for a second day on the piss, the blackcurrent masks the alcohol and eases you back into the booze.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had a swig of that once and have never been back. What kind of madman enjoys drinking something with the texture of cough medicine?

I buy bottles of Covonia to swig for the hell of it. Missus thinks it's odd but tolerates it. I just like the taste and burn on the throat. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Further to my rant on the facebook thread about wee fannies and their "sesh", I am submitting Strongbow Dark Fruits as todays pttgoyn. 

I'd include all 'fruity ciders'.  Actually all cider apart from a decent scrumpy which is excellent with cheese.

I bought my eldest and her pals a bottle of Prosecco and 4 tins of Tesco Apple Cider to drink while they were primping and preening before they went out on Sunday night.  Apparently I should have bought bottles of some fruit-infused dreck and gave her a showing up.  She now knows what to do in future...

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Learn to love lager or GTF.

How much of it is a generational thing?  "In my day" effete continental lager was for teenagers who'd not matured enough to enjoy a proper pint.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

Shandon wears gloves to box, I take it this is what you mean?

I also wear gloves for pleasure. Have ones for running, smart ones, ones for wearing to the football, decorating ones (quite similar to the cycling ones but white) and latex ones. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I was going to allege that skiing holidays were inherently Tory, but then decided to code it somewhat. Fingers crossed I wasn't too subtle. 

I've been skiing 3x in Sweden and 1x in Austria.  Oh and my kids stayed in their Gran's ski lodge over Xmas.  Does this make me a Tory?

11 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

The c***s that are sitting on your reserved seat when you board are the worst type of c**t imo, apparently they don't have to move and the conductors don't give a shit in your plight neither, they're also c***s

A good few years ago 4 or us had booked on the Friday night Falkirk - Inverness service with table and a woman decided 1 of our 4 seats was for her.

After a few failed attempts at getting her to move her fat arse 3 of us sat down and cracked open the large carry out for the journey. Normally we would be respectable to a nearby woman but seen as she was being a boot our language and laddish behaviour was despicable.

She gave up and moved. Fucking boot.

31 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

A good few years ago 4 or us had booked on the Friday night Falkirk - Inverness service with table and a woman decided 1 of our 4 seats was for her.

After a few failed attempts at getting her to move her fat arse 3 of us sat down and cracked open the large carry out for the journey. Normally we would be respectable to a nearby woman but seen as she was being a boot our language and laddish behaviour was despicable.

She gave up and moved. Fucking boot.

Didn't you think to grab her handbag and throw it into the next carriage?

Went skiing once as a youngster. Bit of a queue to collect all the gear so I walked up the side of a slope and decided to test my snowball aim at some boys from another party coming out of the ski centre.  

Sadly my aim was incredible and the skiing trip ended there and then for me and the lad who got skelped by the snowball, fell back and got skelped by a door. Blood and tears galore. I can still remember him howling. Not pleasant. 

It wasn't a very middle class experience. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

They are shite too, if you wear proper clothing to keep yourself warm then your extremities shouldn't get cold anyway.

I can accept them at sub zero conditions and at the football and the other places I mentioned but just for normal commuting they are totally unacceptable.

Some people go over the top though. The number of people I see dressed for an Alaskan winter is unbelievable. Multiple hoodie,  jackets, wooly hats, with hoods up etc. It's a wee bit cold, you won't die!

Some people go over the top though. The number of people I see dressed for an Alaskan winter is unbelievable. Multiple hoodie,  jackets, wooly hats, with hoods up etc. It's a wee bit cold, you won't die!

I don't like being cold.

Dying doesn't come into it.

18 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Never experienced the winter of 62/63 in Shotts imo

Scottish men aged 40+ who act as if anyone who doesn't spend all their social time in some silent, windowless midden drinking beer so strong it's still got lumps of plant matter fermenting in it 20 pints at a time is in some way deficient or unbearable. Tragic.