Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

On the flip side of that, I opened my front door two days ago and it was similar to when you put your face too close to the oven door when you open it. Never known heat like it.

I lived in Phoenix, Arizona for 9 years and know exactly what you're talking about. Temperatures were routinely around 45-50c in the summer and it was physically painful to be outside. For the first few years I rode a motorbike to and from work and my biggest dread was that I'd go down on the asphalt. I left 14 years ago and have no desire ever to go back.

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

On the flip side of that, I opened my front door two days ago and it was similar to when you put your face too close to the oven door when you open it. Never known heat like it. I slightly overdid my tan that day.

images (42).jpg

Love the sound of that. Just off to have a sauna shortly. First time I went on holiday to some Greek island was like that and before getting to the hotel I went into a barber's and got them to chop my studenty mop off. 

29 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

On a related note; Laramie, Wyoming which is a couple of hours up the road from me is apparently enjoying a windchill of a balmy -46c right now. Not a night for a brass monkey to be out. 

Yikes.
The missus and I really like CO so we were thinking about moving there at some point in the future.
I don't think we'll bother.

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Yikes.
The missus and I really like CO so we were thinking about moving there at some point in the future.
I don't think we'll bother.

For the record, that is unusually cold and the wind is the issue there tonight. I think the coldest I've experienced is -30c and that was one night in an otherwise comparatively mild winter. And for the most part, it's dry here so as long as you're well wrapped up, it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Whereabouts in CO did you go?

Edited by Shotgun

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

For the record, that is unusually cold and the wind is the issue there tonight. I think the coldest I've experienced is -30c and that was one night in an otherwise comparatively mild winter. And for the most part, it's dry here so as long as you're well wrapped up, it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Whereabouts in CO did you go?

We have extended family in Denver so when visiting them we spent some time in Denver, Boulder City and Colorado Springs.
Denver is really nice, the people are great and the view of the Rockies are amazing. I also like that CO is liberal and the state healthcare plans look decent for our dotage.

We won't be in SF for much longer. 

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd include all 'fruity ciders'.  Actually all cider apart from a decent scrumpy which is excellent with cheese.

I bought my eldest and her pals a bottle of Prosecco and 4 tins of Tesco Apple Cider to drink while they were primping and preening before they went out on Sunday night.  Apparently I should have bought bottles of some fruit-infused dreck and gave her a showing up.  She now knows what to do in future...

How much of it is a generational thing?  "In my day" effete continental lager was for teenagers who'd not matured enough to enjoy a proper pint.

Tartan Special, Tennents Special, McEwan's Export.  All complemented by a packet of Worcester Crisps per pint.

I still really can't understand why the young Dumbarton ladies weren't falling over themselves to enjoy my company, I really can't.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There is also an app to control a wee brush and a hose which comes out from the toilet to clean you. You can change the angle, the pressure and the temperature to suit.

Don't let your wife read this or she'll be on at you to get one...:eek:

31 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Animals who have a TV in the kitchen. A radio is a necessity but a TV? f**k off.

Guilty. Kitchen and bathroom in my apartment in Hong Kong both had tv's. Developer included them yet failed to put an oven in the kitchen.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Love the sound of that. Just off to have a sauna shortly. First time I went on holiday to some Greek island was like that and before getting to the hotel I went into a barber's and got them to chop my studenty mop off. 

I love it. Even the locals are complaining and saying how they can't handle it while I'm out doing my sprints on the pitch across the road, albeit for only 15 minutes and I couldn't catch my breath for about another 15 minutes after I got in the house and then wouldn't stop sweating even after I got out the cold shower and the missus saying I was still scarlet. 

I do love it though.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I love it. Even the locals are complaining and saying how they can't handle it while I'm out doing my sprints on the pitch across the road, albeit for only 15 minutes and I couldn't catch my breath for about another 15 minutes after I got in the house and then wouldn't stop sweating even after I got out the cold shower and the missus saying I was still scarlet. 

I do love it though.

You're a man after my own heart Dee Man. You hear these Scottish football teams complaining about having to play in the heat. Running in the blazing sun is fantastic. A boxing gym I used to go to had the heating on permanently and banned opening the windows. You learned to love training in the heat. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You hear these Scottish football teams complaining about having to play in the heat.

What are they going to be like when we compete in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar?

Oh, hang on...

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

My understanding is that in these countries they have unisex toilets.

It seems their men are mature enough to sit down when pissing so that women can use the same toilets without enduring a lengthy papering job first.

In the UK we still deem sitting down to piss as a homosexual activity. Instead, you can tell a man has used a toilet because there will be piss everywhere. Pools on the seat, floor, walls and splashback all over his trousers. This is where we are as a nation. We are fucking animals.

Having worked in and managed bars I can assure you that the women's bogs were even mankier than the men's by the end of the night. With men it's puddles of piss and unflushed shites. With women it's puddles of piss, shite on the floor and up the walls, jam wrags and used tampons scattered around the place. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Modern music videos seem to simply be flashy lights, colours and the bloody lyrics on the screen like some trippy kareoke.

Absolutely lazy behaviour, probably designed because youngsters are thick as mince these days.

It's the "Directed by.." or a "X Shitey producer you've never heard of nor will you likely hear from again production" that annoys me.