Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I live in a housing association house in a cul-de-sac and every house has a wee driveway out the front of their house.
Well after an 8 hour shift and a 40 minute drive home I've found some absolute roaster parked outside the front of my house, seething as I walked past it up to the front door. Was thinking about a passive aggressive note of some kind but the other half doesn't approve incase it's a brain dead knuckle dragger that owns it.
She's probably right so I'm just gonna sit in and seethe some more.

9 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I live in a housing association house in a cul-de-sac and every house has a wee driveway out the front of their house.
Well after an 8 hour shift and a 40 minute drive home I've found some absolute roaster parked outside the front of my house, seething as I walked past it up to the front door. Was thinking about a passive aggressive note of some kind but the other half doesn't approve incase it's a brain dead knuckle dragger that owns it.

It might just be someone visiting one of your neighbours and just parking at random, not sure where the house is. Leave extreme measures till tomorrow.

Hot drinks are essential when you work in an office IMO, during my apprenticeship I made 7 cups on the hour every hour, 8 a day. After a few cups of tea/coffee with a couple of spoonfuls of sugar I was hooked.

Glorious stuff, then as I've gotten older and more used to the taste I've obviously cut down on the sugar and just take it white now.

Fancying some bovrils for work now though Aidan cheers. ;)

Hot drinks are essential when you work in an office IMO, during my apprenticeship I made 7 cups on the hour every hour, 8 a day. After a few cups of tea/coffee with a couple of spoonfuls of sugar I was hooked.

Glorious stuff, then as I've gotten older and more used to the taste I've obviously cut down on the sugar and just take it white now.

Fancying some bovrils for work now though Aidan cheers. [emoji6]

It makes a half hour walk at 6am at this time of year bearable.

37 minutes ago, stimpy said:

I hate the "passive aggressive" phrase.  A couple of days before Xmas I was putting the bins out just as someone parked in front of my neighbour's drive.  I said, "Don't park there.  He (my neighbour) won't be able to get past your car".

The driver accused me of being passive-aggressive as did the bloke she was driving.  I said she didn't know what the phrase meant.  That went down very well.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I hate the "passive aggressive" phrase.  A couple of days before Xmas I was putting the bins out just as someone parked in front of my neighbour's drive.  I said, "Don't park there.  He (my neighbour) won't be able to get past your car".

The driver accused me of being passive-aggressive as did the bloke she was driving.  I said she didn't know what the phrase meant.  That went down very well.

Very much with this, alongside the "politically incorrect" and freedom of speech excuse for being rude and ill mannered to perfect strangers.

6 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Blasphemy.

What about hot chocolate? Everybody likes (or at least doesn't dislike) that, no?

I can't stand hot chocolate. Gives me the boak/boke, whatever the spelling is, thinking about it.

5 hours ago, stimpy said:

Unless I'm imagining this, @NewBornBairn is your man. I'm sure he spraypainted a nice message on a car that was parked in his wife's disabled bay although something's telling me my mind is exaggerating that story.

28 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

My uncle used to sit out the front of his house and yell at drivers going too quickly down his street. One guy didn't appreciate it and stopped so my uncle ran over and smashed the dude's car window with a rigging chain.
You could try that.

<Shotgun sits back in his leather armchair, sucks on a Werther's Original and points stem of pipe at the youngsters>

Back in the days when there was a lot less traffic, the town where I were brung up had an a old guy who used to step out into moving traffic, forcing the cars to stop. He would then stand in front of them and berate the bemused drivers on what he perceived to be their shortcomings as pilots of their automated conveyances. He did this for many years and was a familiar, if annoying fixture.

Until one day an inattentive driver failed to step in time. And there was much rejoicing about the land. 

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Unless I'm imagining this, @NewBornBairn is your man. I'm sure he spraypainted a nice message on a car that was parked in his wife's disabled bay although something's telling me my mind is exaggerating that story.

Nah, I just wrote "Arsehole" in chalk on the road where they had parked.

When they moved I had to go out and scrub it off quick.