Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We were given a training class on "How to use Social Media and Email in regards to your workplace" this week and apparently not saying "Hello", "Hi" or some other mundane greeting on an email is deemed rude and unwelcoming. Anyone found to be using incorrect email etiquette such as this could face disciplinary action. I shit you not.

Our old general manager used to sign off his emails with "Thx". Not even his name after it or a best regards, just "Thx". I cannot tell you how much that made my blood boil. Worst of it was he was about 63, I expect that shit from a 12 year old girl, not a highly respected engineer.

Disgusting

30 minutes ago, Widge said:

I also sign off my emails with my shortened name, the one that is used by everyone. Since my signature has my full name and I'm not sure there's a single person in the world who calls me it. Means I don't get called it by new folk. emoji23.png

That's another email related one. Not my actual name but say my name was Richard, but I get called Ricky.. people who I have never met emailing me calling me Rick. Don't take it upon yourself to give me a nickname you arsehole. If your emailing someone you don't know surely you would always use their full name unless they start replying using a shortened name and then you would use that one.

1 minute ago, irvine_buddie said:

That's another email related one. Not my actual name but say my name was Richard, but I get called Ricky.. people who I have never met emailing me calling me Rick. Don't take it upon yourself to give me a nickname you arsehole. If your emailing someone you don't know surely you would always use their full name unless they start replying using a shortened name and then you would use that one.

I have a similar problem, my name is Rodney but people keep calling me Dave.

I constantly cannot believe how people don't even read when they reply.

My name appears as the sender of the mail, and in my signature at that bottom, yet people reply and get my name wrong constantly.

Not my name but it would be like having Steven in your signature and people replyinh ' Hi Stephen '  or Stuart / Stewart.

I have a full signature for new emails and it changes to a shortened one for replies and forwards to cut  down the space and formality for ongoing email conversations.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

We were given a training class on "How to use Social Media and Email in regards to your workplace" this week and apparently not saying "Hello", "Hi" or some other mundane greeting on an email is deemed rude and unwelcoming. Anyone found to be using incorrect email etiquette such as this could face disciplinary action. I shit you not.

Our old general manager used to sign off his emails with "Thx". Not even his name after it or a best regards, just "Thx". I cannot tell you how much that made my blood boil. Worst of it was he was about 63, I expect that shit from a 12 year old girl, not a highly respected engineer.

I used to have a guy I worked with who did that.  He was in a different department but every email he sent ended - Cheers, D.

Have some self respect ffs.  You aren't emailing your pal via Hotmail or something.  You're in a place of work in a very well paid role.  He's in his 50's as well.

I had a manager that would type EMAILS ALL IN CAPS.
He eventually stopped that but then moved onto sending blank emails with a subject like-
Update?
He was a p***k.

I used to reply to them blank if there was no update to give. Always got them off their arse and over to you to ask what it meant.
Smart arse answer of 'saving time with response inkeeping with your query so i can spend more time on task in hand.'
Usually shut them up

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

He eventually stopped that but then moved onto sending blank emails with a subject like-
Update?

I used to have a manager who would forward customer emails with no comment other than a question mark. Sometimes two or three question marks.

Left me having to figure out what she wanted me to do with it. Respond to the customer? Explain to her what the customer was asking? Kick her in the pie?

It was a bloody minefield. 

My first and last name can be regarded as two first names yet it is obvious from my email address what my first name is.

I will consistently receive emails addressed to my surname or something close to it, which is the best way to make sure your email goes to the bottom of the pile.

I once had a client reply to an email with "Hi Michelle"...

5 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

I'd have called you Dick.