Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A long time ago when I did a half marathon and got temporariliy skinny I found that as a general rule the longer the Waist Measurement the longer the available leg measurements. 
So your obvious solution is to go on a pies, Jaffa Cake and Cider diet for  until your waist is in the range where Jeans manufacturers expect you to have long legs.
Alternatively you could choose not to go on that diet, thus allowing yourself to live into middle age and the extra inches of waistline will eventually take care of themselves.

Im currently a 36 waist. Trying to get down to a 34.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's probably not what the other drivers around you were saying

My PTTGOYN for today: Umbrellas, when you meet someone right at the corner of a building with their brolly up and just miss injury or blinding and they have the cheek to give you the "watch where your going" look. NO! You're the one with the lethal weapon. You watch where your going. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Everyone else on the northbound carriage of the A90 considerately and deferentially moved to the hard shoulder as he headed southbound down it. 

Doesn't half cut the journey time.

5 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Still getting sorer 9 months after I hurt it. :(

What on earth is a frozen shoulder?

Anyway, I have severe toothache and no decent painkillers. I keep putting off getting a dentist appointment because I missed a couple due to other issues and I feel like I'm going to get in trouble when I go back. It's the same with the doctors. Part of me feels like that fat wee boy in school. 

1 minute ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

According to the NHS website... 

Frozen shoulder is a condition that leads to pain and stiffness of the shoulder. It's also known as adhesive capsulitis or shoulder contracture.

The symptoms tend to gradually get worse over a number of months or years. You'll typically experience shoulder pain for the first two to nine months, which can be severe, followed by increasing stiffness.

The stiffness may affect your ability to carry out everyday activities. In particularly severe cases, you may not be able to move your shoulder at all.

The condition may improve with time, but this can sometimes take several years.

I fucked mine climbing up a wee step ladder that wasn't clicked into place. Absolutely pathetic something so stupid could cause so much pain. 

That I've done and still undecided what to do. It is pretty windy out there.

Wind + Escaped rubbish = Potential death trap. I once witnessed someone decapitated with a Fray Bentos pie lid*

*May have just been a packet of cheese and onion to the face.

33 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Frozen shoulder is a condition that leads to pain and stiffness of the shoulder. It's also known as adhesive capsulitis or shoulder contracture.

The symptoms tend to gradually get worse over a number of months or years. You'll typically experience shoulder pain for the first two to nine months, which can be severe, followed by increasing stiffness.

The stiffness may affect your ability to carry out everyday activities. In particularly severe cases, you may not be able to move your shoulder at all.

I fucked mine climbing up a wee step ladder that wasn't clicked into place. Absolutely pathetic something so stupid could cause so much pain. 

My dad suffered a few years ago - tore/strained the muscles in his shoulder at work and when they knitted together, they weren't aligned - he had to, in effect, re-tear his shoulder muscle and get physio to ensure they were aligned properly.

The re-tearing part still brings tears to my eyes - I remember him having to throw a towel over the top of the door, grab both ends and pull one side down while holding on to the other.  Also, his physio drew a small circle on his shoulder in permanent pen and it was my job to press down as hard as I could with my thumb for up to a minute at a time, right on the sore bit.  Eventually cleared up with all that physio work.  He was in agony for months though.

2 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

"hellish" is the quick answer.

I've been suffering one for about a year, which has been gradually easing off a little over the past 2 months.  At it's peak, I had really restricted movement in my left arm, couldn't lie on my left side to sleep as it brought on too much pain, if I was wearing a jacket I had to put the left arm in first as I couldn't reach far enough bacjkwards if it was right sleeve first, and reaching above head height with my left arm wasn't much fun either.

It's one of those things that takes ages to ease off and heal, and there's not a great deal you can do about it. 

Edited by Boghead ranter
Adding drama, boohoo, poor me.

"hellish" is the quick answer.
I've been suffering one for about a year, which has been gradually easing off a little over the past 2 months.  At it's peak, I had really restricted movement in my left arm, could lie on my left side to sleep as it brought on too much pain, and reaching above head height with my left arm wasn't much fun either.
It's one of those things that takes ages to ease off and heal, and there's not a great deal you can do about it. 

My partner has it and the only respite she got was on holiday in Thailand where she got a massage every other day.
Unfortunately there aren't many beach front masseuses charging £6 a time here.

15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sadly not. It was emptied on Monday which has resulted in no rubbish yet been placed into the bin. By tomorrow hopefully a bag will be placed into the bin.
A sleepless night I will not have

Courage comrad. Courage.

21 minutes ago, mjw said:

My partner has it and the only respite she got was on holiday in Thailand where she got a massage every other day.
Unfortunately there aren't many beach front masseuses charging £6 a time here.

Have you tried Kirkcaldy seafront of an evening? 

26 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sadly not. It was emptied on Monday which has resulted in no rubbish yet been placed into the bin. By tomorrow hopefully a bag will be placed into the bin.
A sleepless night I will not have

Fill the bin with water to stop it blowing away, and stow your rubbish somewhere until the bin men come. Film them emptying it and put it out on Youtube, you'll never have to work again.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fill the bin with water to stop it blowing away, and stow your rubbish somewhere until the bin men come. Film them emptying it and put it out on Youtube, you'll never have to work again.

Seriously, I tried to fill a wheelie bin with water, it was the light blue one for grass cuttings n shit. It just cracked up the sides and burst.

Talking of bins, there was a hilarious video doing the rounds of some fat - possibly Ayrshire - guy in a Rangers top stuck in a wheelie bin during the time of the ice bucket challenge, but I can't find it online anywhere. 

There is one whole greenie for anyone who can source it. 

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Talking of bins, there was a hilarious video doing the rounds of some fat - possibly Ayrshire - guy in a Rangers top stuck in a wheelie bin during the time of the ice bucket challenge, but I can't find it online anywhere. 

There is one whole greenie for anyone who can source it. 

Thank you.

Was that not Super Ally,  he fits the description (apart from the Ayrshire bit maybe). Just try www.fatarseholesupportersofdeadclubs.com. It's a long shot but you never know. Greenie awaited.

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

My PTTGOYN for today: Umbrellas, when you meet someone right at the corner of a building with their brolly up and just miss injury or blinding and they have the cheek to give you the "watch where your going" look. NO! You're the one with the lethal weapon. You watch where your going. 

Especially when the fabric has come away from the end of the spoke and there are three or four inches of lethal metal sticking out.