Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When was the last time anyone saw a pound note incidentally?

This morning, found it at the back of my drawers. Dated 2001, worth £10 on eBay apparently.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

:lol: If you're taking two days to spend £7.60 I'd say you're in fact really good with money!

S'pose.

Though I walk to work, Mrs Ranter does all the shopping, so I don't have much else to spend money on.  I've had 32p in my pocket for 3 days now, and haven't felt the need to go to the ATM.

When was the last time anyone saw a pound note incidentally?

I've got two, commemorating the opening of the Scottish parliament. Kept them as I thought they'd be worth a few quid in a couple of years. £20 going by todays rate.

Checked eBay, more like £2, at least I've doubled my money.

81427e402ae2e8d7695ad2e74b46de20.jpg

Contactless in clubs is fucking dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. Far too convenient.

Even worse is that it doesn't appear off your avaliable balance for a few days. Can blackout, fire through rounds mindlessly, then discover what you did only a few days later.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I use contactless in pubs all the time, but it does get messy especially with the prices in London. Can wake up the next day and be £150 down.

I've noticed the reliance on contactless more in London than elsewhere. Using the Underground or DLR etc, as well as drinks and food. I think I might lose track.

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've noticed the reliance on contactless more in London than elsewhere. Using the Underground or DLR etc, as well as drinks and food. I think I might lose track.

I do lose track a bit which can be a bit annoying, particularly after a night at the pub as mentioned.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I do lose track a bit which can be a bit annoying, particularly after a night at the pub as mentioned.

I take it there's no savings  by getting a season ticket, even weekly or monthly as opposed to single contactless journeys. I usually take an Oyster card and put a about £30.00 on it. That usually sees me through five days of work and leisure travel.

I take it there's no savings  by getting a season ticket, even weekly or monthly as opposed to single contactless journeys. I usually take an Oyster card and put a about £30.00 on it. That usually sees me through five days of work and leisure travel.

If I remember correctly, the contactless payments won't go over the cost of a weekly ticket.

2 minutes ago, Aidan said:

If I remember correctly, the contactless payments won't go over the cost of a weekly ticket.

I thought it must be something like that. Huge savings in man power and administration. I'm probably being thick, but inspectors scan your oyster card. ( I got put off because mind had run out.)

How do they check contactless customers?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I thought it must be something like that. Huge savings in man power and administration. I'm probably being thick, but inspectors scan your oyster card. ( I got put off because mind had run out.)

How do they check contactless customers?

I'm not sure about monthly passes etc, but contactless doesn't go above the daily limit and acts the exact same way as an oyster (to answer your other question they scan contactless cards the same way as they do with the oyster). I have a railcard so use my oyster with that loaded onto it to get the discount as it can't be loaded into a contactless card.