Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

38 minutes ago, throbber said:

Considering you have told me on a  number of occasions that you would like to burn my family to death whilst i am forced to watch i find this rather hypocritical. 

I meant every word. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's the check out operators head when throbber buys bog roll.

I was wondering if he ever buys his girlfriend's extra large super heavy flow tampons.

1) 'Refills' where you are given a brand new glass. This is simply a free drink, not a refill.

2) Folk who think that the idea of ordering a 'diet' drink with a Big Mac is a ridiculous situation. This could easily be within one's daily (albeit arbitrary) calorie intake, whilst a >300cal 'fat coke' can easily push you into the weight gain zone.

3) Being constantly referred to as 'Sir' by service staff. You are not my slave, nor am I some form of Sergeant Major.

4) People that click their fingers for service. Thoroughly deserve the 'Yelper Special'.

5) Having to deal with cash tipping whilst on expenses. I don't mind the odd few dollars out my own pocket, but it can fairly add up over a week, particularly in the US.

That'll do for the moment.

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

1) 'Refills' where you are given a brand new glass. This is simply a free drink, not a refill.

2) Folk who think that the idea of ordering a 'diet' drink with a Big Mac is a ridiculous situation. This could easily be within one's daily (albeit arbitrary) calorie intake, whilst a >300cal 'fat coke' can easily push you into the weight gain zone.

3) Being constantly referred to as 'Sir' by service staff. You are not my slave, nor am I some form of Sergeant Major.

4) People that click their fingers for service. Thoroughly deserve the 'Yelper Special'.

5) Having to deal with cash tipping whilst on expenses. I don't mind the odd few dollars out my own pocket, but it can fairly add up over a week, particularly in the US.

That'll do for the moment.

^^^
Did not have a good dinner.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

When you go to the barbers and the usual lassie that cuts your hair isn't in.

I'm sure your maw will be able to rustle someone else up for you. 

^^^

Did not have a good dinner.

Only points 1 & 5 applied this time (they got me thinking though). Rather tasty pulled pork tacos during an airport wait. 9/10, would recommend to a friend.

However, since moved to airport gate despite free refills due to paranoia over missing boarding due to change of gate or whatever. Airports excel at reading out the naughty list of passenger names over crappy speakers.

That said, I once delayed a flight despite sitting 10m away from the gate desk despite arriving there 6hrs early. Age of Empires can really draw your attention when you're trying to slaughter a bunch of Minoans / Assyrians.

24 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Football pundits who refer to a deep-lying midfielder as playing the "quarterback role".

Commentator on SS5 has just done this in Twente v PSV, and I came on to post it here. Glad someone else has noticed

Used to love a Curly Wurly and got my hands on some Curly Wurly Squirlies which resemble chocolate worms. Wish I hadn't bothered. Rubbish chocolate around some uninspiring tasteless caramel.

Reckon worms dipped in proper chocolate would taste better.

47 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Used to love a Curly Wurly and got my hands on some Curly Wurly Squirlies which resemble chocolate worms. Wish I hadn't bothered. Rubbish chocolate around some uninspiring tasteless caramel.

Reckon worms dipped in proper chocolate would taste better.

Wish they'd stopped making wagon wheels. I remember them being enormous.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wish they'd stopped making wagon wheels. I remember them being enormous.

Was this your problem?

'Wagon Wheels: It’s so big, you’ve got to grin to get it in'

http://www.popten.net/2009/02/sex-sells-top-ten-advertising-innuendos/

Had a nice quiet day at work planned. Would maybe sneak off early to the gym or even better, go to the pub. Instead, I realised I had an exam/assessment due in tomorrow morning that I thought was for the end of April. 14 hours later and I've just finished it, ready for submission in the morning.