Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Well one, he's factually completely wrong because (without going all facebook/daily mail on anyone) they are often targets - Jo Cox got killed, the knife attacker at Westminster was trying to attack the politicians, even though I can't stand here even Thatcher was a target in the Brighton Hotel bombing. Yes the target may not be hurt and they have some element of protection but he can't really say that they live without the fear of it.

Secondly anyone that uses lines like "In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private," are always absolute wankers. He doesn't know what everyone is saying in private and its usually its bigots and arseholes that try and claim they are "Just saying what everyone is thinking" when in fact not everyone was actually thinking it at all. I'll let you decide which category Morrissey fits into. :)

All of this.

Also the kittens statement was a nice line in dog whistle islamophobia.

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Man United's Europa League victory being defined by the media, their players and manager as something to put them in the Champions League next year.

The team and manager have both brought up winning the trophy plenty and seems to be at the forefront of their minds. They also acknowledge that they've achieved their target of reaching the CL.

What's wrong with any of this?

55 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Man United's Europa League victory being defined by the media, their players and manager as something to put them in the Champions League next year.

The winners qualify. 

I know. Should be one from each nation.....

Just to echo some of the comments earlier about the horrific events in Manchester, any decent human being is going to be upset and feel sympathy towards those affected but some of the comments I'm reading are boiling my piss.
Just read one where someone genuinely said "What a horrible tragedy. Hope they catch those responsible. Been there a few times and I was actually there 4 years to the date of the bombing to see rush which is kind of a frightening thought now." 
I was there 5 years ago, what a lucky escape.

Paying money to see Rush is a frightening thought tbf.

C4 News where they evidently super-focus on the live reporter at location, leaving the background slightly fuzzy. Just makes it look like they're standing in a studio in front of a backdrop image.

Also along those lines; the really shitey quality background image of the town house / harbour Reporting Scotland tend to use use when they show some expert talking from Aberdeen (presumably in the Beechgrove studio). Must be from a pre-digital camera age.

Some BBC Twat interviewing some wifie who lived in the same street as the Manx bomber.

"So he had a black flag flying his front window did he"
"Yes, I think it was a flag"
"And it had Islamic writing on it?"
"Erm I don't know, I never really noticed to be honest"
"So it wasn't English writing"
"Erm, err no"

Objection "leading the witness" Your Honour

Some BBC Twat interviewing some wifie who lived in the same street as the Manx bomber.

"Erm, err no"

Sounds a lot like the b*****d had curtains. Sicko.

"Erm, err no"

False flag IMO.

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 20:07, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed. It's similar to the circus that Remembrance Day has become over the last few years.

LOOK AT ME, IM GRIEVING

Very true. I'm all for showing respect to those that lost their lives in both the World wars but am beginning to think it might be time to stop Remembrance Day once the last of the veterans dies.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Very true. I'm all for showing respect to those that lost their lives in both the World wars but am beginning to think it might be time to stop Remembrance Day once the last of the veterans dies.

Which won't be for some time yet considering that soldiers are still serving in places like Afghanistan.